Tuts 4 You

New Device Login - email send to me a lot!!!

CodeExplorer

CodeExplorer

New Device Login - email send to me a lot!!!

You just logged in from a device we haven't seen you use before.

If this was you, please ignore this email. Otherwise, you should secure your account immediately.

Review Activity & Secure Account

I'm 100% sure that It is me! How I can't disable that stuff?
I don't wanna receive such emails any more!

Teddy Rogers

I will assume you are using private browsing and/or not saving cookies for this site?

Ted.

CodeExplorer

Most of emails are from exactly same Firefox 42 I'm using, I never save any cookies!
When I close Firefox everything is cleaned: that's how I set firefox (for security reasons!)

Is there any way to disable that stuff?

@CodeExplorer: Yes, there is. Start using a browser like any normal person would. 

You do stupid things and stupid things will happen to you. Why exactly do you think this entire forum should adjust to suit one person, who is using a very outdated browser with an extremely rare combination of settings?

• Haha 2

@kao

you can advise him with a lower tone, we all respect your skills but don't cross that line man.

I'm sure you know what I mean :)

CodeExplorer

Why exactly do you think this entire forum should adjust to suit one person

Is not what I want.
What I want is an option to disable  "New Device Login" - each person with his own settings.

Teddy Rogers

As @kao mentioned you are using an outdated version of Firefox browser. I strongly advise that you update to the latest version of Firefox.

Unfortunately there is no (default) option available in Invision Community Forum software for individual mailing options. I would advise against disabling email notifications if there was an option...

Ted.

CodeExplorer

I won't update my Firefox for one main reasons: is not compatible with KeeFox plugin I'm using.
Also the last version of Firefox takes a lot of of memory: 1 GB of memory
and is also slow.
My laptop is not that good: only Intel i3-2350M 2.30 GHz dual core.

• Like 1

you can set a custom filter in your email to automatically delete this message, I don't know if this feature is possible in your email but give it a try.

SmilingWolf

KeeFox is indeed compatible with even the latest Firefox Beta. I'm currently using v61.0b3.
Any advantage of using a password manager is currently being nullified by using an extremely outdated version of Firefox for which exploits ARE available.
Just look at the latest Vorbis bug from Pwn2Own.

screen.png.db354a4baab6dba5be48e8540c0428e4.png

Edited by SmilingWolf

CodeExplorer

In short words:
Kee 2.3 is a crap!
I've tried
https://forum.kee.pm/t/installing-kee-instructions/23
but without success!

SmilingWolf

I've been religiously managing my passwords with Keepass myself for at least the last 7 years going through different iterations and flavours of the program.

Today I'm using Keepass 2.39, Kee 2.3 and KeepassRPC 1.8.0 and guess what, I just logged in using the autotype feature of Kee for the first time in my life.
Everything setup using the tutorial you linked. It literally took less than five minutes. So I fail to see what could ever be your problem.

Nearly all of these password managing plugins/add-ons/apps have some vuln or the other (just like any other software) and there are several malware created to  target and specifically try to steal the password data stored in  these types of programs.

That is why I never advise anyone to use them. At least not for storing the login details of anything important !

Just use the keywords "Keepass Vulnerabilities" and search in google for example. It will show show several examples.

CodeExplorer

@Techlord: So Keepass has some vulnerabilities (every program does!) so you rather store you passwords in computer (cookies)?
What I find strange about Keepass is that the program is not protected at all against reverse engineering!

CodeExplorer

I've got Keepass 2.39, Kee 2.3 and KeepassRPC 1.8.0 to work, but lot of options are missing like
launching KeePass from plugin, a list with all forums etc etc.
It doesn't worth it!

@CodeExplorer Based on how the forum tracks logins, it looks like it records the browser information as a 'tag' to determine if you are using different things. Try finding a plugin that will fake your browser information sent to the server, something like a User Agent changer to force a different agent string that will remain the same indefinitely as long as you have the plugin loaded. That way the site sees you using the same thing each time due to the plugin.

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 4:06 AM, CodeExplorer said:

@Techlord: So Keepass has some vulnerabilities (every program does!) so you rather store you passwords in computer (cookies)?
What I find strange about Keepass is that the program is not protected at all against reverse engineering!

sorry for replying here, after much time...

but, do you have many passwords?

I have a ton, all different, and I luckly can remember them, I dont trust on password reminders apps :D

but, to avoid track, logs, cookies, and so on, dont you use deepfreeze?

I use it since 2000 or 2001, and Its really great for me :)

• 6 months later...