Tuts 4 You

Obfuscator

cawk

Hello i have a program that i am going to need to obfuscate when i have completed it, i was wondering what is the best free obfuscator that has no public tools to deobfuscate and yes i know that nothing is 100% protected but it will keep majority of people out who will just drop it into automatic tools

thanks in advance

As you probably know, all of them have been broken. Still - latest Eazfuscator and ILProtector don't have automatic unpackers.

But if you really want to use free obfuscator - go with ConfuserEx and use some brains when applying it. Most of the public tools deal with the very basic configuration and blow up on more advanced cases.

51 minutes ago, kao said:

As you probably know, all of them have been broken. Still - latest Eazfuscator and ILProtector don't have automatic unpackers.

But if you really want to use free obfuscator - go with ConfuserEx and use some brains when applying it. Most of the public tools deal with the very basic configuration and blow up on more advanced cases.

yeah i was thinking of confuserex i have tried it and seems to be okay but i was thinking of something like enigma as that doesnt have a automatic protector and i cant find anything to unpack it myself, i could be wrong on this though 

Since when Enigma is free? :rolleyes:

If you have native executable, Enigma (when properly applied) is good enough. But if you have .NET executable, then removing Enigma is extremely simple. GIV had a script or tutorial somewhere on this forum.

2 minutes ago, kao said:

Since when Enigma is free? :rolleyes:

If you have native executable, Enigma (when properly applied) is good enough. But if you have .NET executable, then removing Enigma is extremely simple. GIV had a script or tutorial somewhere on this forum.

there are ways ;) ah okay then yes its .net executable so ill give enigma a pass and probably stick with confuserex just will make sure it cant be deobbed by things like unconfuserex 
thanks for your help

3 hours ago, cawk said:

there are ways ;) ah okay then yes its .net executable so ill give enigma a pass and probably stick with confuserex just will make sure it cant be deobbed by things like unconfuserex 
thanks for your help

Protecting ConfuserEx against automated tools is fairly simple. Some minor alterations to its source will break those tools from working. Granted it does not make the protection stronger, it just helps deter the drag-and-drop newbies. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, atom0s said:

Protecting ConfuserEx against automated tools is fairly simple. Some minor alterations to its source will break those tools from working. Granted it does not make the protection stronger, it just helps deter the drag-and-drop newbies. 

yeah thank you i managed to do it de4dot nofuserex and unconfuser ex all dont unpack properly they dont release anything thats actually in the program 

Hello i have a program that could doing with some obfuscation so that people cant take my source code is there anyone here that can offer obfuscation that isnt using public obfuscators that have automatic unpackers

thanks in advance

On 11/22/2015, 1:43:22, atom0s said:

only just saw this thanks ill take a look at learning on how to customise confuserex myself to help prevent people who just drag and drop into things like de4dot and unconfuser ex

3 hours ago, cawk said:

only just saw this thanks ill take a look at learning on how to customise confuserex myself to help prevent people who just drag and drop into things like de4dot and unconfuser ex

For most of the automated tools for ConfuserEx, all you really need to do is remove or change the injected attribute ConfuserEx makes use of to watermark the exe. You can either change what it is called and the string it states to something else, or you can just remove it entirely. Most of the automated tools look for that watermark to determine if the exe is packed with ConfuserEx or not. However keep in mind this does not make the protection stronger by any means and an experienced person can reinject the attribute to make the automated tools work again. 

If you want to strengthen ConfuserEx, you will need to download the source and modify it in various aspects. Also read the documentation on how to make use of the more in depth features and configurations that most people don't bother looking into. The automated tools can be killed as well by using different configurations for ConfuserEx. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, atom0s said:

For most of the automated tools for ConfuserEx, all you really need to do is remove or change the injected attribute ConfuserEx makes use of to watermark the exe. You can either change what it is called and the string it states to something else, or you can just remove it entirely. Most of the automated tools look for that watermark to determine if the exe is packed with ConfuserEx or not. However keep in mind this does not make the protection stronger by any means and an experienced person can reinject the attribute to make the automated tools work again. 

If you want to strengthen ConfuserEx, you will need to download the source and modify it in various aspects. Also read the documentation on how to make use of the more in depth features and configurations that most people don't bother looking into. The automated tools can be killed as well by using different configurations for ConfuserEx. 

Yes i have managed to remove the watermarks and am currently editing the source code of confuser seems to have made some differences so far but i will check it when its fully complete, thanks for your help