Tuts 4 You

Sometimes when I access the website I get this

CodeExplorer

Sometimes when I access the website I get this:

Secure Connection FailedAn error occurred during a connection to forum.tuts4you.com. The OCSP server suggests trying again later. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later)The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

What cause this problem?

• Like 1

The cert is ok it's something else. Very annoying though when u click "reply" only to loose everything & get that error.

Whatever it is, it's a problem w/forum.tuts4you.com - not the client.

Another odd thing that occurs w/this bug is some images don't load properly when being returned right before I get the error, could be that data is being altered/injected somewhere in route. Time for a new host?

This is not an issue with the security certificate for the site. It seems to be a problem with Firefox and the OCSP responder that is responsible for letting your browser know if the site your connecting to has it's certificate revoked. I'll follow this up and let you guys know as I think it's been happening a few times over the last couple of days. In the meantime Chrome should work fine and though I don't recommend it you could try disabling Firefox to query the OCSP server...

Ted.

• Like 1

Hi,

so that problem does happens for a longer while already only in Firefox. :( But if it happens then I do disable security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling for a while in about:config instead to use other browser only to access T4Y with https. :)

PS: At the moment all is working now so that I don't need to disable it.But its also strange that the problem does also just occur sometimes and randomly so maybe its really any T4Y issue.

greetz

• Like 2

In my opinion, FireFox connects to the OCSP server each time, so the alarm rate is high, and more panoroid.

Other web browser checks OCSP at the interval, and based on the previous cache.

since the frequency of the crl list update more slowly than Firefox's checking frequency.

For a typical Firefox user, wait until "Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later" disappearred is more recommended.

I received an email Wednesday from StartCom stating they are aware of the problem and were in the process of fixing it. I haven't had any issues since so I think it's safe to say this has been resolved...

Ted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No the problem is back again now. :) Have to disable security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling in about:config again to see & post something like this now. :(

greetz

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Teddy Rogers

Do you still have the security feature disabled and/or having the same problem? I've been accessing the site ever since my last post without any issues...

Ted.

Hi,

no I don't have the problem anymore till now.I made the last post directly where I got the problem again so just see the date / time.There I had to disable it again for a while.Maybe you can check anything in your server log at this date to find something or so.After that I didn't got the problem anymore since 10 days.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

I have checked the database and all looks to be good and healthy, likely a temporary glitch. If you are still experiencing this problem please let me know...

Ted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ted,

I got a new problem with the T4Y forum since a week or so.Each time if I do post any new reply or PM etc then the process dosen't finish anymore after pressing Add Reply button to send my reply but my reply was send successfully so that I can see if I refresh the new contents and my new post is online already but my other tab is still working endless.Seems to be any loop hole or something or what do you think?Just only a info of course so maybe you did change anything what make this problem for me etc.

greetz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ted & guys,

hey T4Y is Online again. :) So what happend in the last three days of the internal 500 error Ted?Did you do some updated or something or was there any powerfull trouble to fix etc?The down of T4Y came very surprising and I just thought "WTH...!".Now I go online and see T4Y is back "Huh-Hah" but no I can't find any info post about the down reason from you Ted!Maybe you could post anything after reading my post.Thank you.

greetz

You can blame me, the hosting company and Fallout 4 for the lengthy downtime. It should never have taken this long to fix, unfortunately.

The site and server should all be working normally now, if you do notice any problems please let me know. Apologies for the downtime...

Ted.

• Like 6