Tuts 4 You

Reputation not shown...

mrexodia

Hey Ted,

Lately I discovered my reputation was growing, but I could not find out which post it was... It turned out that I had to click the reputation box to see who liked/disliked my post.

Few screenshots:

rep.png

rep2.png

Is this a configuration 'bug' or a real one?

Mr. eXoDia

PS Screen 1 is from one of my posts, Screen 2 is from pnta

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Teddy Rogers

This board bug should be fixed now and everything working properly again. Please let me know if any problems remain...

Ted.

• Like 1

@Ted

Short Info: Since today I had already some board problems with the text preview so it shows me after the preview in my box where my text is my text but this time with some html code or something like this.

So I can just write the text one time like I want and after a preview is the whole text together with this xy signs so this is very bad.Yes I have disabled Java like always.So also if I enable Java then I can not edit the text with mouse or keyboard.Its a very strange problem again so I hope you can check and fix this.Oh and the paste function does also not work if Java is enabled.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

It seems to be working fine here, although I have only tried it with Internet Explorer 9. You may want to try a different browser to confirm and also delete cache from the problem browser...

Ted.

@ Ted

So this does not help very much so there is still this problem.So I have test it also with FF 10+ and there I get the same problem ONLY with disabled Java.So before 2 days all was working fine so maybe you got a old bug with the boardupdate again.Here 2 pics.

vpytqv.png

214crv4.png

greetz

Ok I found also this problem.So if I write something in the box on board or also in my PM box and if I then press preview then all is shown correct but in the box has changed my text with this signs and if I now add reply then all was send together.I mean all letters without any spaces between.So this will not happend if I not press the preview button so I can write the text one time normaly and press no preview and press then only add reply then all was postet normaly so the problem is the preview you know Ted.Also just here on borad.Maybe you can check this again etc to find a solution for me and others.

Thanks

Teddy Rogers

I just can't replicate the issue on IE9 or Chrome 18. Although I have not tried Firefox but I can't see there being a problem with it.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Ted.

works fine here, although i see the html formatting for the split of a second.

Two days ago, i couldn't reply to threads at all:

quick reply -> got stuck on "saving post...."

full reply -> discarded my post + redirected me to the search page: http://tuts4you.com/search.php?q=&r=0&s.x=10&s.y=5

All works fine now, xpsp3 + ff11.

Edited by deepzero
  • Like 1

So for me it does still not work!So I have now already un-installed all firefox versions + profil folder etc and re-installed FF again fresh but I still get always this strange signs in my text etc.How to fix this now?So can I change something in my settings of this board or something?

I also have test the InternetExlorer 8.0+ and there I got the same bad results.

PS: So please try to think about this problem Ted to find any solution for me so I did nothing change with my board settings or something also this problem just has start before a few day. :( So I can also create a samll video if you want to see the problem in realtime etc.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

It may help to create a little video because I am having a hard time trying to replicate the problem you are experiencing. I have also scoured Invisions forums for a bit of information but I have not seen a bug report similar to what you have described :dunno:

However I have tried something so if you can delete your browser cache and history and try previewing again and let me know if the problem is still there please?

Ted.

@ Ted

Ok I have made a video now so there you will see everything.Browser cache and history cookies etc will always delete after closing my browser so this should be not the problem for me.Anyway so just watch the video and see what you can do etc to find a solution for me or us.So sound really strange that I should be the only one who has this problem!

PS: Videolink is in your PM box.Thanks.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

I got your video and I can't reproduce any of the issues shown in it. I have scoured IPS forums for a bit of information and come up with nothing. This seems to be an issue at your end however I'm following up on some things so who knows... :dunno:

Ted.

@ Ted

Hhmmm thats very bad for me now.So today I checked also to write some text on snd.astalavista board to check whether I get the same trouble there but on this board all is working very well for me and to write / edit text with enabled Java does also work so I only have this problem on T4Y board now.So this is very strange.So I can't belive that the problem should have something to do with my system or settings etc so I think there are some bug's on T4Y board maybe not for all to see.So is it possible that you can de-update this board to a previous version or so?Maybe you can undo the last board update which you have done just to check whether my problems are also there or not etc something like this.Or do you know some other webpages who are also using the same board template like T4Y?Maybe I can test there too whether I get the same trouble or not.If yes then we will know that there is really a bug.

greetz

unlikely, and downgrading software exposed to the web is generally not a good idea...

why not post the link to that video in public...? :)

New Short Info: So now I have download the Firefox 11.0 Portable and have test this version and I see one positiv change. smile.png So now I can write normaly any text "with" enabled Java!But without Java there I have the same problem like how you can see in my video Ted.No idea why this portable version is working now again with Java and the other not.Pure mystic.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

As I thought there must be something on your computer causing this problem because I can't find a reported similar problem anywhere and no other member has complained.

I hope you get a new computer soon! :D

Ted.

Hi,

hhmmm ok seems so...... :(

Better I throw my system direct right out the window soon! :)

I will let you know if the other problem is gone.

greetz