Tuts 4 You

need to protect my data

eezee

hi there

i want to protect my data against miss use i spent a lot of time on it now with this forum i am able to protect my executable with hardware lock key but i need some more help to protect my project files.

wondering how can i bind or something that my project files only open with my protected executable,

problem is this when a user replace my protected exe file all of my project open in that unsecured exe file.

is there is any solution kindly guide me?

thanks

You want to bundle files with your protected exe? Xbundler can do this as well as molebox and some others.

However your data can still be extracted by (good) crackers and us.

regards,

q.

You want to bundle files with your protected exe? Xbundler can do this as well as molebox and some others.

However your data can still be extracted by (good) crackers and us.

regards,

q.

Thanks for replying please give me guide links for above mentioned apps

google is still operational, last time i checked...

and it`s not like these companies want to hide their stuff from you as a potential customer. :)

/>http://www.molebox.com/
/>http://www.oreans.com/xbundler.php
/>http://www.enigmaprotector.com/

you can try double packer system like Xbundle + Themida or Xbundle + WinLicense...etc But as quosego said only best crackers can unpack it.

• 2 months later...

Yes , Encryption (Winrar)! :)

@ eezee

Dl cracked version of Winlicense or Enigma or .... And use Xbundle!

www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=10248.0

Regards

Edited by Pertic@n

If your application/project is of interest or worth then you can rest assured that once it gets released it will be targeted at some point in time, you would be better off planning for this and mitigating as much loss as you can beforehand. Concentrate on providing a worthwhile product that comes with good support/service, copy protection should be a second to maintaining and improving the product.

Honestly though, if you really don't want your information to be accessed then the only guaranteed method to prevent it being stolen or copied is to not release it at all because no matter how many well intentioned people abide by your wishes, it only takes one clown to share a key/file/whatever and your hard work is wasted and defeated without effort. The saddest part is: it will happen, there is no question about it if the application is popular and/or useful.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying to leave the front door open for people to walk in and take what they want. Put measures in place to hinder and annoy reverse engineering as much as possible and once they're in place let them do their thing and focus on the product so real customers have incentive to purchase the application and remain loyal. People will pirate, most of these people would never have bought the application in the first place so they're not really a 'lost sale' regardless of the SOPA/PIPA propaganda. But there is the inverse where people have only tried the application because it was available *free* and liked it that much they decided to support the author and do the right thing by purchasing a license, so don't be all doom and gloom about it, think of it like free advertising for your product.

* Use a cyptography library to provide encryption/decryption and instead of accessing your files in their entirety, only decrypt which portion you want to process and then re-encrypt or even destroy it in the buffer if it is no longer required.

* Change how you access the files so your code can handle processing portions, not entire files, that way they need to reverse engineer your entire file accessing process as well as the actual handling of such. Even if you have to pre-process the files so they're no longer their original state but broken into their respective portions and then recompile these portions into the final file, encrypting them as you go. This way the file format is proprietary and the processing as well, reversing the algorithm is necessary to find out the file format, etc. You could even make one large binary file which contains all of your encrypted and modified files, in a custom format, that way you only access the same file and grab whatever portions you need when needed.

* Encrypt/bind files to the HWID of the PC they're installed on when the user installs your application, then make the app use the HWID as part of seeding the keys for decryption. Decrypt the file a portion at a time, re-crypt using the HWID and then save to the new file, that way there is never a good file in memory to dump, patching has to occur. Once again, its not strong but if you code as many ties, traps and pitfalls as you can, it makes more work to reverse and circumvent.

* Tie customers real name or some details from their purchase order to their registration as well, that way there is less incentive to leak keys.

* Finally, consider using off-the-shelf third party protection but research your options properly and ensure that you can incorporate it into your project (SDK) rather than just applying a shell to the already compiled executable file(s) which can easily be torn off and disregarded.

HR,

Ghandi

Edited by ghandi
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

hi

please send me your file to say you what's best way

protections just are for spend cracker times

all protections can be unpacked

have a nice day

• 1 month later...

hi there

i want to protect my data against miss use i spent a lot of time on it now with this forum i am able to protect my executable with hardware lock key but i need some more help to protect my project files.

wondering how can i bind or something that my project files only open with my protected executable,

problem is this when a user replace my protected exe file all of my project open in that unsecured exe file.

is there is any solution kindly guide me?

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Protect + Compress TMG Lock Freeware :)

Encrypt/Decrypt only Link

Pass Req : n/a (only Set 4D = 8588/19851988 hehehe ;))

Level : xx

how to use : Rename ur apps : "CM #6 End!" -> Press Enter 2 proc -> done!.

SC @: Link

Edited by X-88