Tuts 4 You

How Build driver for Windows7 (64Bits)?

c0lo

My problem is how build driver for Windows7 64Bits... i don't understand o how can make driver for this OS... I've downloaded WDK 7600.16385.1 and use for build my simple driver for XP but now, I want o to make for W7 but i have problem..?

"build driver on windowsxp 32 bits for windows7 64 bits" How?

Disable the Windows 7 driver signing feature and then you can run your driver like in XP. Using Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010 is recommended. Of course you need a lot of knowledge about how the windows kernel works and I think you don't have this knowledge, because your question is a little bit stupid.

c0l0,

If you create driver before, or use DDK... it is the same.

Include directories: C:\WINDDK\WIN7\INC\CRT;C:\WINDDK\WIN7\INC\API;C:\WINDDK\WIN7\INC\DDK

Additional Library directories: C:\winddk\win7\lib\win7\amd64

Disable the Windows 7 driver signing feature and then you can run your driver like in XP. Using Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010 is recommended. Of course you need a lot of knowledge about how the windows kernel works and I think you don't have this knowledge, because your question is a little bit stupid.

Press F8 when boot, or use my patch...(kills PatchGuard and driver signing) - not difficult =)

Do you have examnple please?

I've installed WDK 7600.16385.1 in my PC (WindowsXP 32Bits)... I can create to windowsXp 32bits but for Windows7 64Bits.. idk how make it.

Edited by c0lo