Tuts 4 You

patchLib v3 Release

atom0s

awesome, thanks :flowers:

but GPL, seriously? i mean, most crackers couldnt care less, but do you expect people to pack source code with their patches?

Thanks for the feedback Kill, I mainly use GNU GPL for all my projects since I'm so used to seeing it the most from other projects. The copyright is mainly there to:

- Ensure myself and others who helped with the project are credited for their work.

- Ensure that the project (patchLib) remains open source and free.

- Prevent others from attempting to steal/sell patchLib.

I don't mind changing the copyright, so if you have another in mind, please do let me know. I just want to make sure it keeps those same values, and prevents the project from being sold. Most of the licenses I've seen have similar points in them, but most say they give permission to resell the product as well.

LGPL would be the obvious suggestion, since that's what you meant to (read: shoulda) put it as.

Edited by Hyperlisk

Well, LGPL basically allows you to redistribute work using it under a different license if and only if:

- you link to the unmodified static/dynamic library

- mention the library is used in the program

- display copyright of the library

That also means if I create a patcher using the lib and plan to sell it under a propietary license, I can perfectly do that.

I can not, however:

- modify PatchLib without licensing it under LGPL

- redistribute PatchLib under a different license

So yeah, sounds exactly like what you're looking for

Edited by Killboy

Ah sounds good, was reading some other licenses earlier and LGPL is sounding like the way to go. I'll try and get an updated v3.1 release later tonight / tomorrow with the License update. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Edit: v3.1 is now released with the Lesser GPL in place.

As suggested by the GNU website, the original GPL is released with the project too.

Edited by atom0s
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to brinck back this old topic can your please post are patch sampe with fake offsets.

This patch lib looks intresting for me.

Thx to post this lib.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to brinck back this old topic can your please post are patch sampe with fake offsets.

This patch lib looks intresting for me.

Thx to post this lib.

Sorry accede, the purpose of this project is simply to design better looking GUIs. I do not include any type of patch code as that is not the purpose of this lib. The project(s) you use this lib for are up to you to code. I do not wish to have companies target my library for copyright issues because I include any type of code that helps you patch their software etc.

• 1 year later...