Tuts 4 You

uPPP v0.6 Retail

Ufo-Pu55y

Thank you for this awesome app :)

just a suggestion/feature request

1. support 24bit icon

2. Option to show method(s&R,filedrop) 1 fail if there is more than one method(s&R,filedrop)

3. About box, to show more information bout the patch,etc

4. Moar templates please, especially the back to nature by Ecliptic ;)

5. For long app name, using the uPPP SkinHelper and set the APP: NONE, make the app name show up in the middle and it screwed the template because the long app name, is it possible to make the app name to show like the example?

Example

Appplication

Name

v.x.x

Instead of

Example Application Name v.x.x

thanks

btw hi to hagge and beldo :)

Edited by Da_Man
  • 3 weeks later...
1. support 24bit icon
I'm simply using WinAPI. If an icon doesn't come along like it should, then it's not my fault. :sweat:
2. Option to show method(s&R,filedrop) 1 fail if there is more than one method(s&R,filedrop)
I didn't get this one. Could you explain it for dummies again?
3. About box, to show more information bout the patch,etc
One of the main ideas behind uPPP templates was having a scroller INSTEAD of an about box.
4. Moar templates please, especially the back to nature by Ecliptic ;)
dito ;)
5. For long app name, using the uPPP SkinHelper and set the APP: NONE, make the app name show up in the middle and it screwed the template because the long app name, is it possible to make the app name to show like the example?

Example

Appplication

Name

v.x.x

Instead of

Example Application Name v.x.x

Sry, that's much too unpredictable.. really. For the coding and for the templates as well.
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been using uPPP for a very long time now. I didn't even notice the "packer" option until this release, but that's just my oversight really. :P

Anyways, I seem to be having problems with the packer feature. I've tried setting it up for UPX as well as the included Upack, but the finished patch does not seem to actually get packed. The paths and arguments I've set are as follows:

Upack

Packer: G:\Patchers\uPPP v0.6\Packer\Upack.exe

Args: *

UPX

Packer: G:\Patchers\uPPP v0.6\Packer\upx.exe

Args: -9 *

At first I thought it may have been because there is a space in the path directing to the packer executable, but I have the same results even if I place the packers in C:\. With the utilization of ProcMon, there was also no reference to the packer ever being executed when saving the patch.

Is there something that I'm missing in regards to this feature?

Edited by PutterPlace

Hum.. but you're pressing 'Pack' in the small 'Patch successfully created!' dialog, right?

If yes: doesn't the 'Execute' button do anything as well?

Ok....now this may seem like a strange question, but is there a way to specify multiple paths for dropping the same file? The reason I ask is because I'm working with a target right now that includes 4 different utilities which all utilize their own imports. The only file that needs to be patched in this case is one that the 4 utilities share, but each one has its own copy which is exactly the same. Normally I would just do an offset or SnR patch, but this is a java application which utilizes bytecode patching inside JAR files. Unfortunately the patches are significant enough to change a LOT of the recompiled JAR file.

Nope, unfortunately there's no way atm to use the same resource for

"filedrop"ing it multiple times, but I'll add it to the todo list..

• 2 weeks later...

hey ufo-pussy!

why does the patcher require administrator rights?

i know you need it for 64 Bit Registry Patching to run the 64 bit version of regedit.exe.

but i see no other reason to run the patcher as admin.

Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection and Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection do not need admin rights.

maybe you should use'level="requireAdministrator"' only if there is a 64 Bit Patch in the project. else you should use 'level="asInvoker"'. Maybe some users will not trust a patcher which requests admin rights.

hi,

tbh I didn't think too much about it, when I added the manifest :sweat:

But right now I played for a while as restricted user on Win7x64.

I couldn't do much at all over here with 'asInvoker' as level!

-add registry value into HKCU - ok

-add registry value into HKLM - fail

-patch or drop file in non-system folder (desktop, etc...) - ok

-patch or drop file in system folder (c:\, c:\windows, c:\program files, etc...) - fail

I might be wrong, but imho in most use cases outside the patch would fail for a restricted user.

But imho again there are use cases, when a patch even SHOULD come 'asInvoker' -

namely when the patch is going to write stuff into HKCU for instance! With 'requireAdministrator'

it would wrongly write it into the HKCU of the Admin.

Gotta think about it one more time I guess :wacko:

Thx for notifying anyway!

i think in some cases the user should decide if the patcher should run with admin rights or not.

i think i will build in a checkbox for the project ([x] run as administrator).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...