Tuts 4 You

Site integration

cyb3rl0rd1867

cyb3rl0rd1867

I feel like a backseat driver but the lack of integration between the forums and the main site makes it look like two different sites. It would probably take forever to fix and it probably won't get done, but in case it does it was worth mentioning.

Teddy Rogers

Tuts 4 You is the merging of two websites which may explain why it feels like two websites.

If you follow this link the board is merged within the main page but its preferable to view it on a wide screen, if you have a small monitor its not going to look too great:

/>http://tuts4you.com/tuts_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?3.

Most people will generally like to view the board as a separate entity.

If you could explain further why it feels like two different sites and ways it could be improved I may consider taking up any suggestions you have...

Ted.

cyb3rl0rd1867

It's hard to put into words but I'll try and elaborate.

1. The menu on the main site is on the side, on the forums it's on the top, slightly confusing

2. The banner should be the same on both sites, preferably (in my opinion) the forum one

3. The font is very different, it's hard on the eyes when you first switch

I know these are all subtle differences, but if they were changed I think it would make a big improvement in the general look of the site. Also, this is definitely not everything which can be done, it's just difficult to put my finger on exactly what the differences are. If I think of more I'll post them. Thanks for taking an interest!

Edited by cyb3rl0rd1867

Teddy Rogers

Early last year I looked in to integrating the two areas of the site together a little better but I never liked very much the designs and integration that were put forward. I never pursued it much further but I'll take another look as I have a few new ideas.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will keep them in mind... :thumbs:

Ted.

• 3 weeks later...
Teddy Rogers

I am looking for ideas for the front page of the site and what it is to include. Questions I have been asking; is either to leave the old front page up which contained a brief introduction to the site, or simply show download category areas, or have the board and forums show up. Maybe you or someone else has another interesting idea or suggestion?

Ted.

cyb3rl0rd1867

I like it better this way, with the downloads on the home page, the info. gets kind of boring after awhile. Maybe you should summarize the "mission statement" and put it in a box on the top of the page. Also I think it would look good if the news items were on shared on the main page instead of in the forums. Maybe split it, half news items and half downloads. Another thing I noticed if the site is to remain this way, is to remove the download category on the sidebar and put everything under Home. Personally, I think it would look neater that way. Also, (again a personal preference) I think it would look nicer with the same font that the forum uses, the one it uses now (for the most part) reminds me of olly :woot:. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the changes, I think they are a big improvement!