Tuts 4 You

Watching this Topic, forum

E33

In order to be updated on a daily basis with this forum, i entered on each forum and click "Watch This forum" so i will be notified either by email or by message for any new reply or new topic.

But i noticed (not every time) that i am not receiving notification for some of the replies even so the top forum is already watched.

did i miss something?

Is there any option in the profile for receiving notification for anything posted on this Forum?

Best Regards

Did you try looking at Help for information, maybe your settings need changing?

/>http://forum.tuts4you.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=5

Ted.

Did you try looking at Help for information, maybe your settings need changing?

http://forum.tuts4yo...elp&do=01&HID=5

Ted.

Let me explain in an example:

I am tracking the Forum "Bug Reports & Technical issues" by clicking on "Watch This Forum"

In the Mentioned Forum, there is 126 Topics, lets take two topics:

1- Topic "Access Denied Errors": by default it gave me that i am tracking this Topic ( i think because the Forum containing this topic is already tracked)

2- Topic "Lost Thread": i should click by myself to track this topic. if i didnt click on "Watch this forum" is it mean that if someone post a reply in this Topic, i will not be notified?

Shall i need to enter to each topic in this forum (so far 126) and click Watched this Topic or its enough to track the Forum (containing those Topics) in order to be updated to any reply for any of these Topics?

All the best

Regards

It says in Help - the same link I gave you above - that you are able to subscribe (watch) a particular topic for new posts.

This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic.

It also states in the same Help that you can watch a forum for new topics.

You are also able to subscribe to each individual forum on the board, to be notified when a new topic is created in that particular forum.

When subscribing to a forum you are watching for new topics. When subscribing to a topic you are watching for new posts. So the board feature(s) are all working correctly... :)

Ted.

It says in Help - the same link I gave you above - that you are able to subscribe (watch) a particular topic for new posts.

It also states in the same Help that you can watch a forum for new topics.

When subscribing to a forum you are watching for new topics. When subscribing to a topic you are watching for new posts. So the board feature(s) are all working correctly... smile.gif

Ted.

I know i weary you flowers2.gifrolleyes.gif.

Its mean old topics created before i start tracking the forum cannot be watched, and it should be done manualy.

Now its clear, thanks lot.

Regards