Tuts 4 You

Crack Requesters Bugging You?

Teddy Rogers

Firstly I would like to apologies to all those persons who have been getting nuisance PM's.

Lately I have been receiving, unfortunately, a number of complaints about new board members sending PM's to regular and established board members hassling them for certain applications to be cracked.

As most of you will know and understand it is clearly mentioned in the forum rules this sort of behaviour in not acceptable and will not be tolerated. Many board members do not want to be hassled over these sorts of things - especially by people who simply register to this board only to get a specific application cracked for them.

We all have a few options to prevent (or minimise) this from happening:

1) Bring in draconian rules, as has been implemented in the past, by preventing certain member groups from PM's until a required amount of posts has been obtained.

2) All members who receive crack requests forward them on to an Admin who will investigate and ban the user.

3) Members can go to a persons profile and choose to ignore them. This will prevent you from receiving anymore of their unwanted messages.

4) Just ignore them.

Those are four options that come to mind at the moment. However I would not like to reintroduce the first option but I will see how things progress.

Please... if you are a person receiving unwanted crack requests by PM ignore them and let an administrator know by forwarding on their PM.

Many thanks...

Ted.

BROTHER IM 16 YEARS OLD AND DONT HVE ENOUGH MONEY SO PLZ UNPACK THESE PROGS FOR ME AND GIVE IT TO ME AS A BIG BROTHER TANK U HELP ME BROTHER I TRIED ALOT BUT IN VAIN

ITS PROTECTED BY THIS ITS SHOWING THIS

********Armadillo 4.xx -> Silicon Realms Toolworks**********

heres the direct download links and its protected by Armadillo

1ST

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

2ND

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

REPLY ME MUST BROTHER

lol anything like this.. :P

although you have already banned this dude.. :)

Yes I have seen this message before unfortunately. I have banned this very same person three times now... :(

Ted.

ban ip is wrong thing if someone has dynamic ip, due that reason and that i have ****y range of ip(earlier this range was used by hackers) im banned on masm. and hutch doesnt give a **** about it.

and yeah i also got that message from jim. but most of those i ignore due im not mother theresa

Edited by human

I am sure that you snd team members get more, but I get around like 1 request a month. Its not too bad, but I am fine with just ignoring them though. I really dont get how hard it is to follow the rules. Especially something so dang easy to follow.

Edited by What

well most people are lazy, and think they will get private lessons from people, fact is they are just idiots, that dont know not even olly, not even asm,not even c++ but also how to use google. or board search button. and such should be banned instantly. due why waste our time for them if they havent wasted their own to first look alone for solution.

you guys are so lucky to get crack requests.....i wud prbly create a crack and crash the system ..create a generic crack and distribute them with different names..like ....allcrack.exe

Edited by rylisa

I got that very same msg... and I HATE it when people call me BROTHER. I am not your ****ing brother. :D

I get the requests once in a while... but I usually just delete them.

I already talked about that with Loki :D

You should just send back some hardcore virus that ****s his OS or some keylogger :D

Not as evil, but just as funny: Actually crack the app and send him a screenshot of the about box with his name in it :'D

Or put the crack (fake patch does the trick, too) into a pw protected rar and tell him the wrong pw lolz

lol just send them a snd patch that's used for another program, password protect the archive and let them go to town with it lol

don't send viruses out that would give us a bad name

I must say tha I'm against IP baning.. it really sucks when sombody ban whole IP range and then you must use proxy to access things all because of one individual.. Personaly Im for option 2).

"2) All members who receive crack requests forward them on to an Admin who will investigate and ban the user."

BR, ChupaChu!

Hello,Excuse for my little English but I do not speak it well. I hope you can help me, I ask you to crack this software, I am not able and nobody wants to help me. LINK DELETED this is a not working example of registration LINK DELETED in order to proceed to the registration click on men

• 11 months later...
lol just send them a snd patch that's used for another program, password protect the archive and let them go to town with it lol

don't send viruses out that would give us a bad name

thats not a wise thing to do...

they'll just keep on buging u without geting it and won't learn the lesson.

banning members is a better idea even that they can always register with a new acout...

on the other hand, its rather thoughtless to try again as a new registered member after u'r first apply was denied...

also- opening a new e-mail is a hussle and it after all gave the man a hint...

note, that banning is applying the forums rules so,it is understandable, it won't stop spams but it might lead the user to an understanding that what he did is inappropriate.

just make sure u write him the reason if possible (in the case he didn't already understood).

chao..

Edited by anonim

Can new Members Private messaging be disabled until a certain post count is reached? This would be the best option

Edit: i should of read the first post completely as this is already stated

Edited by Killerinc

Happens once in a while :) Sometimes ignore, sometimes warn, I do respond to most PM's for help on subjects.

Am not to annoyed by it.