Tuts 4 You

The Windows 2000 Device Driver Book + Sample Drivers...

Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers
The Windows 2000 Device Driver Book can lead any experienced Windows programmer through every step of device driver development: planning, implementation, testing, debugging, installation, and distribution. Thoroughly updated to reflect Microsoft's Windows Driver Model (WDM) for Windows 2000 and 98, it covers everything from architecture to tools, and includes a powerhouse library of exclusive tools and C and C++ code for streamlining device driver projects. Starting with a high-level overview of WDM components, the book quickly moves into the details of the development environment and driver installation. Master the I/O Manager, its data structures, and its interaction with drivers. Understand Plug and Play and Power Management through extensive practical examples; learn how to construct safe reentrant driver code; log errors and events using Windows Management Instrumentation; utilize kernel-mode threads; layered drivers; and more. The accompanying CD-ROM includes sample drivers, C++ classes to jumpstart your projects, driver installation utilities, even an exclusive device driver AppWizard!

The Windows 2000 Device Driver Book - A Guide for Programmers - 2nd Edition.7z

Ted.

Edited by Teddy Rogers
  • Like 3

• 14 years later...

Hello. I'm sorry for bringing up an old topic. Do you have a CD-disk for this book?) Unfortunately, the link is not working. Thank you very much in advance.

If my memory stretches that far back I don't recall coming across the CD for this. Was a CHM or PDF.

You could possibly pick up the CD from a Thrift store or online retailer...

Ted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to The Windows 2000 Device Driver Book + Sample Drivers...
Teddy Rogers
7 hours ago, boot said:

Is there another way to download it?

Check the first post again, with sample drivers included...

Ted.

• Like 1