Tuts 4 You

Response Emails No Longer Html Link?

kittmaster

Not sure what happened but when I get a response email to a thread, the link is not active. The raw text is present to the correct thread pointer, but the HTML code will not allow you to link click for immediate access. I use outlook and the links have always been live in the email...........but no more.......not sure if its just an option that has been changed??

Thoughts Teddy?

Best,

Chris

Teddy Rogers

Not sure about this. It could be associated with the anonymous page linking but if it worked a while back I can't see what the problem is now. It may even be a bug in IPB 2.2.2 :dunno:

Do you know when you last saw this working and when you first saw it not working? Does the link include the redirection via anonymous?

Ted.

I'm gonna say about 2 weeks maybe?

No there is no redirection to anon........

I only ask since the ART emails are arriving normally. At first I thought it was outlook "protecting" me...........but that isn't the issue since ART replies all function as they did in the past.

Chris

Teddy Rogers

I just looked in to this and checked it out and the link is working fine for me using Opera's emailing client. Maybe its something new in your email client that has changed?

As far as I can tell all topic subscriptions work fine with active links... :dunno:

Ted.

the links show up fine in my webhost as well........which I find weird

here is two images of the same version of forum software...........one is snd and other for nvforums........did not change any options, jsut the inbox and double click.......

ScreenShot100.jpg

ScreenShot101.jpg

Teddy Rogers

I really am not sure. It must be something to do with Outlook filtering the link as spam protection or something. For me active links show up and work fine. :dunno:

I will look in to it further and see if I can come up with a solution...

Ted.