Tuts 4 You

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't really agree that the sites are just as bad. It's hard to make rules that completely remove "insecure" passwords. General/common passwords that are seen as the 'top reused' could be blocked, simple rules applied to stop basic stuff, but sites that require a mix of things like lower-case, upper-case, a symbol etc. are not any better. People will just alter their password by adding 1 thing to it, which is almost always a ! at the start or end of their password. They'll also just generally change the first letter in the password to upper-case when required. It doesn't create a more secure password, it just creates another problem with passwords. Pretty much anything a general user comes up with is going to be insecure because it's going to be a mix of actual information about themselves in some manner in most cases. People use their names, pet names, date of birth, kids/grand kids etc. which is all data that is collectable from all kinds of sources. Passwords, in general, are insecure. The sooner we move away from them and into other means of security, it'll be better for everything. Not saying we have anything better yet but it's definitely time to see them become a thing of the past.
  3. Today
  4. that balls up with the usb devices for the may update is shocking though... i mean, in this day and age.. its claimed it will be fixed later but.. this system as a service thing is pretty ropey
  5. Yesterday
  6. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-start-menu-gets-its-own-process-in-build-1903/ This should have happened a long time ago though it could be an indication Start is becoming bloated under Windows 10... Ted.
  7. If you have a look at my DrawTextColoured procedure in my previous example and the one below you can see how I change the text colour and calculate the required positioning in the menu. The example (below) uses AppendMenu function to add items in to the owner drawn menu. It then adds the new item in to the menu array. You can also see how to add an icon/image in to these menu items. I included an example on how you can process menu events from WM_COMMAND. I suggest having a read through the Windows developers documents regarding menus, particularly the About section. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/desktop/menurc/menus I have compiled the example for you this time in x32... Ted. Appended Menu Items.exe
  8. Hi again, ok I have a new small question about DrawText function and using diffrent colors at a specific position.How to get the right rect / left to color a specific text part right over the present text?So I tried this now but somehow the new text part & color dosent match with the real position. Example: This is my menu text entry I did draw into menu entry. 111111111111dadjkhakjhdkjahsjdkjs2222222222222222adsVBA------------adasdas121212 Now after this I do check for this -------- and found it at position 55 byte.The string I found has a lenght of 12 Byte.Now I know I need to color the ------ from position 55 byte with a lenght of 12 byte.If I now add the lenght of 55 byte to DRAWITEMSTRUCT.rcItem.left and calling the again DrawText then the new string (I did copy that part before) will created but not at same position as in menu.My question now is how to find out the right rect.left of the string part ------- and using the right rect.left for another DrawText function call?You know what I mean right.Is there any rect X function for that?Not sure how to handle this problem now. greetz
  9. Hi Ted, thanks again for trying to help me.Your executables do not run on my system x86. Dynamic icons I do create by myself in a new device (hdc) with color XY and a value counter starting with 1 till X.Depends on the menu entrys.Similar like you have seen in my posted pics before already.I am also using dynamic ID values for each menu entry which I do catch at WM_COMMAND if I choose any menu entry.All working normaly as it should if I dont use & handle MF_OWNERDRAW flag.Now in my new case I would like to color some menu entry parts and need to use & handle the OWNERDRAW stuff in here I got some issues now.First issue is that I cant set the icon/s directly into menu where I am calling AppendMenu function and can just do it at WM_DRAWITEM what means I need to store all actually icons handles / IDs & menu text content (alloc space) extra somewhere in a array to read and use them at WM_DRAWITEM = extra work I dont need to do if I am using not OWNERDRAW.Now in the case I do handle it via array so far I get the new problem that the function GetMenuString does fail if I choose any menu entry and catch the menu ID which belongs to at WM_COMMAND / wparam.The function does just fail and tells me menu_item_not_found (error) what I do not understand yet.Menu handle & IDs are correct so it also works on same way if I dont use OWNERDRAW but now it dosent work anymore.Now I tried to use a alternativ function GetMenuItemInfo and this does also fail to get just the string using MIIM_STRING / MFT_STRING etc and tells me the same error (menu_item_not_found).Now if I use this function with MIIM_DATA mask then I get a pointer back into dwItemData where a part of the menu string is stored but not the whole string.My menu strings can have many byte lenghts and should be not limited.At the moment I am reading my ini file to get the whole menu string I did choose at this place.Pretty much of a de-tour I have to do just to set a menu string in diffrent color parts but it seems there is no better way to do this easier anyhow. greetz
  10. Rever7eR

Millions using 123456 as password...

people use weak passwords because it's easy to remember , i mean we all hate password recovery process and inbox checking ...
  11. Teddy Rogers

Millions using 123456 as password...

If you think a website is not worthy of a unique and strong password you may as well use a 10 minute throwaway email address to register - or a shared account. I think it good practice to be encouraging users in general and of websites to use and enforce unique and strong passwords. A website may be valuable to you and not to others. The option shouldn't be left open for a person whom values a site risk losing it from using a weak password because there are other users out there that don't care what they use... Ted.
  12. If you want to display an icon in the menu you can use something like DrawIconEx. If it is a bitmap you can BitBlt or similar. The icon needs to be placed at the beginning of the menu, you then offset the placement of any subsequent text in the menu after the icon. I am not entirely sure what you mean by dynamic icons or what you are trying to achieve - I'll have a guess... The menu will be drawn each time it is requested to be shown, any icons can be reloaded and used in any preferred order. You will need to keep a track of your images and icons as you will need to free up these resources at some time otherwise you will risk GDI leaks. If I am guessing at what you are trying to do with dynamic icons (and if I guessed correctly) there is no way around it, you will have to track your icons handles. I have had to do something similar in the past and used structured arrays with defined types. A dynamic example would be tracking windows; titles, position, order, icon, window handle, etc. This information is captured and stored in a structured array and then the necessary information is displayed in the menu. In the below example I have expanded on the previous code I posted and added icons in to the menu. Code is a bit crude though it gives you the idea... Ted. Coloured Menu Item + Icon.exe
  13. Last week
  14. Hi again, I have another question.I have created a menu again with dynamic IDs and Strings using AppendMenu & ModifyMenu (MF_OWNERDRAW) & SetMenuItemBitmaps.If I dont use MF_OWNERDRAW flag = not calling WM_DRAWITEM then the whole menu gets shown right.If I use MF_OWNERDRAW flag then the icons will not shown. So my question in this case is how to show that icon?Is it possible to use SetMenuItemBitmaps function with AppendMenu & ModifyMenu (MF_OWNERDRAW)?How to receive then the bitmap handle of a menu entry in WM_DRAWITEM? My goal is it to set icons X (are dynamic) before I enter WM_DRAWITEM.On the same place where I call AppendMenu / ModifyMenu if possible.In this case I wouldnt need to create a extra array to store ID & icon which belongs to ID into etc. greetz EDIT: I see I also have a problem to use GetMenuString function after I did choose a menu entry.The functions gives a error called Menu_item_not_found in Ownerdraw mode!?In not Ownerdraw mode it works.Strange.The ID & menu handle are correct.
  15. cawk

Archangel Cloak .NET

your password is tesfaw https://gyazo.com/37e85be8307829270736eb42156ed9f5 as kao said this isnt unbreakable at all
  16. kao

Archangel Cloak .NET

@Kazura: That's nonsense. Cloak.NET been broken before and can be broken now. See It's just that people who can unpack that, are not really interested in a very basic crackme.
  17. blank

MineSweeper

Thanks for the advice, I uploaded the new version.
  18. Eddy^CZ

MineSweeper

Blank , you need recompile native part under VC 2008 runtime Without depencies to new Windows CRT Runtime.
  19. Kazura

Archangel Cloak .NET

I think nobody can unpack this protector because it's very hard.
  20. blank

MineSweeper

Hi, can you please check your OS and .NET versions? I only tested it on .NET 4.6.2 EDIT: It seems you will also need the C/C++ runtime library from Microsoft Let me know if you are still facing issues. For me and some other people who tested it, it seems to work.
  21. NeoNCoding

MineSweeper

then it will crash
  22. blank

MineSweeper

Language: .NET Platform: Windows x32/x64 OS Version: Tested on Windows 10, with .NET 4.6.2 Packer / Protector: WinterStorm 0.1 (Personal Project) Description: Here is a project I've been working on for the last 6 months. It's a follow-up to my previous DynamicMethod attempts. This time I also included some simple JIT hooking. Everything here was written by myself, except a helper class for loading dlls from memory. I hope you'll find it entertaining. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. This is (arguably) the best iteration of the popular game, MineSweeper. Unfortunately, it's a demo, and it only allows for 5 moves. In order to keep playing you have to purchase the full version (contact me for a price 🙂) or to try and patch it. There are 3 checks for the number of moves, that prevent the player from finishing the game. GOALS: Find and remove the first move counter Find and remove the second check Find and remove the third check, making the game playable to the end. BONUS (if you are really bored): There is a secret 'cheat code' that, when used, gives the player a substantial advantage. Find the secret code to master the game. After achieving one, some, or all of the goals, post the patched file and the steps you took. PS: Sorry if the game is a bit slow. Sometimes you have to give it a second between moves. EDIT: If it doesn't run, make sure you have the C runtime library installed too. (specifically, it asks for ucrtbased.dll) EDIT 2: After Eddy's advice, I recompiled the native parts and tried to get rid of most of the useless dependencies. Please download the second version. Screenshot : minesweeper.exe minesweeper2.exe
  23. https://malisper.me/generating-fractals-with-postgres-escape-time-fractals/ bonus1 - hxxps://ourworldindata.org/ bonus2 - hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EbcG9Ertg
  24. leqici

First CrackMe

Language : C# Platform : Windows x64 | x86 OS Version : Windows Packer / Protector : Modded ConfuserEX, Riddle, Enigma Protector (My own config) Description A Simple CrackMe Solve the missing key. Screenshot CrackMe.exe
  25. For example, right now there's a big frenzy about the new cloud systems or the next big thing on sm,etc.. The open source pi could follow the world to something nicer, some sort of open source system that would allow folks to help humanity in a meaningful way. Even that search engine that plants trees from ad revenue is a start... "Gene manipulation boosts tree growth rate and size" (2015) //// Faculty of Life Sciences, successfully modified two genes in poplar trees, called PXY and CLE, which are responsible for the rate of cell division in tree trunks So if you think about how some systems work, wireless communications and all that, when can humans be open minded about programming for the earth, open source if you will, so some sort of collaboration help each other on the earth via a open system just like GNU, Why would that be a good idea one may ask? and in the end you should philosophically realize just because you're in a separate body from someone else does not mean you do not experience the other beings experiences. So say you cracked the code kid, that does not mean you won't suffer from the lost of cash, because that developer is a experience, so you should view [YOU the cracker] and [Ryan the software developer] from a spectator viewing point, don't you see that you are everyone and everyone is you, of course that excludes karma, rright? Air pollution causes ‘huge’ reduction in intelligence, study reveals Prolonged exposure to air pollution leads to genetic changes in rat brains, study finds philosophy, maybe? GNU , yes..... Open Earth NW, where people's open source work on tree genetics, plant growth,technology scientific to fix the climate, people with diseases..... nanotechnology is cool, but to open the philosophy doors is another.
  26. JMC31337

X86 PE Parasite

That’s just a location in the PEB that can handle some stored dword data tested on a win7, the virtualalloc method (add ecx,600) may not work on others but it can be fixed to do so take care, on to Linux to write one similar
  27. I really, really disagree. Not all websites are valuable. And not all passwords should chosen to be secure. In fact, this was something I wanted to write about for a long time already, so here it goes: https://lifeinhex.com/my-password-is-password/ (shameless self-promo, I know! )
  28. CodeExplorer

X86 PE Parasite

Look a bit like my private virus! What are those for? Plus I doubt it will work on any OS different than yours!
  29. Kazura

Archangel Cloak .NET

Language : . NET Platform : Windows OS Version : Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 Packer / Protector : Archangel Cloak .NET Description : Unpack the file and attached here. Write tutorial please. Screenshot :  Cloaked.rar
  1. Load more activity