Tuts 4 You

A Challenge To The Artists

PakMan

Hi guys,

Today, I'm going to propose you artists a challenge:

I'm compiling a collection of eBooks (PDF) about Armadillo MUP and I need a really cool cover to it.

I have made the following one for guidance:

Cover.gif

If you think you can do better, go for it and take your time; I'm in no hurry.

If you have any questions, please, PM me.

Thanks,

PakMan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PakMan

• mia

• antrobs

Guest DarkDragon

Looks cool ! but you forgot somthing!

"presented by Packman"

Also,

"presents" should not be that big ! make it small, or even remove it !

and ...

*/ "seek 'n destroy" shoul be at the whole top, make it stright with a medim font size.

*/ "armadillo unpacking manual" should be clear and big enough to be the second thing that takes the reader's attention, of course after the animal's image !

*/ "SND collection / Book 01" (some space) "presented by Pakman" : this should be at the whole bottom, with small font but very clear.

What do you think about this one? :)

Yeah, it's cool ;)

I might use it in one of the books but, remember I need to be able to edit the "Book 1" text... I have planned 6 books at least so, if there are enough covers, I will use a different one on each book.

Please, upload the original file so I can get it.

*EDIT*

@DarkDragon

Good tips. Why don't you try to make one cover yourself?

Pak

Edited by PakMan
Guest Buzifer

What do you think about this one? :)

Yeah, it's cool ;)

I might use it in one of the books but, remember I need to be able to edit the "Book 1" text... I have planned 6 books at least so, if there are enough covers, I will use a different one on each book.

Please, upload the original file so I can get it.

Pak

Glad you liked the idea! :) I redesigned it after Dragons suggestions, and wanted to add a real armadillo feeling, here is what i came up with:

armadillo024ho.jpg

Here is the photoshop source, experiment a bit with the colors if you want to.
/>http://rapidshare.de/files/25196006/snd1-arm.rar.html

Guest DarkDragon

Looks better! much better !

Good work! but i'm sure you can do better! just take your time and yo'll make it the best !

greets,

Guest Buzifer
Looks better! much better !

Good work! but i'm sure you can do better! just take your time and yo'll make it the best !

greets,

Thanks m8! :D

Yeah i probably can do some more details on it!

...experiment a bit with the colors if you want to.

There's no need m8; this cover is really fine as it is :thumbs: Thanks

More covers are welcome.

Pak.

Hmmm, a big challenge for me ;)

edit: i made this one in 10 minutes i hope you like it ;)

ebookcovercopy3wp.jpg

parse43 / ygs

Edited by P43
Guest DarkDragon

if it's so, try to beat it :D

by the way P43, i was exploring around and found this post of yours made Jun 7 2006, 05:59 PM :

Build a website chapter 1, and you said you'll release chapter 2 sooner.. anychance this would happen?

if it's so, try to beat it :D

by the way P43, i was exploring around and found this post of yours made Jun 7 2006, 05:59 PM :

Build a website chapter 1, and you said you'll release chapter 2 sooner.. anychance this would happen?

OMG sorry guys I forgot all about it, im starting now to write the second part. :hug:

Guest Buzifer

P43, i like the idea with the "Chapter 1" in the corner! :D , have you inverted the colors? how does it look if you add some colors?

Here's something a little different....

You asked for a "book cover" well here it is:

armadillo%20book.jpg

If you like the idea, I can fix up the text so that it looks more like it's embossed into the leather (I had to finish it up quickly).

Greetz,

EclipTic

P43, i like the idea with the "Chapter 1" in the corner! :D

Yeah, it's nice and original but, I would prefer "BOOK 1" instead of "VOLUME 1" :)

...have you inverted the colors? how does it look if you add some colors?

I would like to see that too... ;)

If you like the idea, I can fix up the text so that it looks more like it's embossed into the leather (I had to finish it up quickly).

Yes, I like the idea very much; Ok, try to work up the text a little more as you suggest and please, take your time because, I'm in no hurry ;)

Thanks guys, the artwork of yours is being even more cool than what I thought in my most optimistic expectations :thumbsup:

PakMan

That one is interesting, I like the font. Ditch the pink...

why not use the old color scale for quality, since arm can be tough,how about silver or gold.

I like the font....

So do I.

Please, keep the purple! It's one of my favorite colors and fits just fine in this font format... :thumbsup:

Pak.

I like the font....

So do I.

Please, keep the purple! It's one of my favorite colors and fits just fine in this font format... :thumbsup:

Pak.

So are you going to use it?

So are you going to use it?

Yes, I will going to use it but, with a couple of very little changes.

There are enough books in the table for all the covers you artists are proposing; once I've decided which cover goes to which book and what changes I would like to see applied so all the covers will follow a certain pattern - or a certain identity if you prefer -, then, I'll contact the artists (PM) to discuss the details.

Pak.

• 3 weeks later...
how are those books coming on?

They are coming slowly but inexorably :)

Being optimistic, I point this collection to be released late August, by the end of vacation.

Pak.