• England
    • France
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Serbia & Montenegro
    • Spain

Teddy Rogers

I've got money on Italy winning the final :)

I think for the past two World Cups Germany have gone exceptionally far for the team that they are. For that they deserve a lot of respect because prior to the finals in both tournaments - present and previous - they have been getting hammered with some shameful results...

Ted.

Guest midnewbie
:blink: Germany is out anyways they deserve it i thought they were Good players when i see their play with argentina but yeterday with italy they were really S.hits! Edited by midnewbie (see edit history)

Guest DarkDragon

yep! in 5 minutes, all the DEUTSCH dreams became smoke!! :^

But that's football! You plan ****, you get ****! :D

Just wondering if the French "Curse" would win the WC :unsure:

Guest midnewbie
yep! in 5 minutes, all the DEUTSCH dreams became smoke!! :^

But that's football! You plan ****, you get ****! :D

Just wondering if the French "Curse" would win the WC :unsure:

ofcourse without doubt french will win most of portugese players are not experienced as French ones and they lack confidence too.

zako

Surely there can't be anybody outside portugal wanted to see those cheats progress further :dunno:

Teddy Rogers

I haven't seen the game yet, I'll watch in later today. I'm glad Portugal are out, Ronaldo ruined Portugal for me and I have no hard feelings its all over for them.

France should be glad Zindane extended his international career - again... :^

Ted.

PakMan
I haven't seen the game yet, I'll watch in later today. I'm glad Portugal are out, Ronaldo ruined Portugal for me and I have no hard feelings its all over for them.

Ted.

I will not argue but, I suggest you to watch the full game first and after you can tell if France deserved the victory... I have my doubts about it.

@zako

Are you talking about the Portuguese squad!?

Please, think for your own head dude and don't let the media think for you. Portugal does not cheat and the players aren't violent; the game with Holland was very atypical for both teams and I want to remember that the portuguese squad made 13 faults against England in 120 minutes (England made a lot more); in the first-half (45m), Portugal only made 3 faults! Are those violent mumbers?

As far as today's game, If there was someone that played the anti-game was France and the penalty over Henry leaves some serious doubts in the air, that's what I think... but, hey, congratulations to France! And to Portugal as well, for all the joy the gave to this small country and to it's "huge-hearted" people!

PakMan

zako
@zako

Please, think for your own head dude and don't let the media think for you.

PakMan

You bet I'm talking about the Portugese squad and don't be so condescending like you are the only one knows anything about football. I'm really not interested in arguing with you, facts speak for themselves.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/stats/detail.html?section=tdc

pic.jpg

ALiEN

Ted.

Ronaldo ruined Portugal???? LOOOLz no commentz...

@zako

Hey man we have a great team and we're winners anyway! Was a great time! I'm happy but sad at the same time cause Portugal was fu**** many times... :(

Anyway France didn't deserved to win... If you really watched the game, you will recognize why!

ALiEN.

Edited by ALiEN (see edit history)

PakMan

@zako

Please, think for your own head dude and don't let the media think for you.

PakMan

You bet I'm talking about the Portugese squad and don't be so condescending like you are the only one knows anything about football. I'm really not interested in arguing with you, facts speak for themselves.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/stats/detail.html?section=tdc

pic.jpg

I said it once and I say it again: 'the game with Holland was very atypical for both teams' and that's why both team have such untruthful numbers regarding disciplinary; don't judge any team by a single game. The truth is that the disciplinary numbers between Portugal and France are very similar; the problem was that game of bad memory for all. Portugal is an excellent team with fair-play and proved it once more today!

Look, I don't know everyhting about football but, it seams I know a lot more about it than you... maybe's because I'm in this world for a lot more years than you do and fortunately I've a good memory; like ALiEN posted, "Portugal was fu**** many times..." not only now but, also in the past, that's a historic fact... like the time when Rui Costa was kicked out a game against Germany by the referee; the player saw the red card only because he walked to the line when he was about to be substituted - hilarious! The problem then was that Germany was loosing the game by 1-0 and needed at least a draw to qualify for the '98 WC finals so, the referee gave them a little hand. There are many interests around football than the game itself dude; If I look condescending is only for the naives...

PakMan

zako
Look, I don't know everyhting about football but, it seams I know a lot more about it than you...

Oh, why because you say so?, I'm not some kid, I have grown up watching the second most successful team in europe, and I have played football all my life, I know football when I see it just as I know bad sportmanship and cheats, you can dispute facts and argue about it as much as you like, the difference between me and you is, if my team were a dirty team I wouldn't try and excuse it. My last words on the subject.

PakMan
Oh, why because you say so?

If you knew as much as I know, you would never say that Portugal is a cheater or has bad sportmanship, that's why.

More, if Portugal is a cheater, then EVERY team is a cheater and has bad sportmanship because, EVERY team gets yellow and red cards, EVERY team burns up time when it's winning; EVERY team tries to fool the referee in some circumstances; I bet that even the little amateur team of yours does it; that's just how the game is boy.

What I have never saw this portuguese team doing was what a certain team did when they broke the fair-play pact every player and coach signs before the tournament! What I have never saw was one of this portuguese players kicking an adversary in his 'balls' during the game! What I have never saw was one of this portuguese players offending an adversary team, player or coach in the press conferences! What I have never saw was one of this portuguese players applying a karat? coup in an adversary during the game, to the point the adversary was forced to leave the game with an injury in the leg! And I could continue numbering what I have never saw the portuguese team do wrong all night long!

I know football when I see it just as I know bad sportmanship and cheats, you can dispute facts and argue about it as much as you like, the difference between me and you is, if my team were a dirty team I wouldn't try and excuse it.

I'm not excusing anything because there's nothing to excuse; once again, please, think by your own head and don't let the media think for you!

PakMan

zako

Your whole argument is based on if you don't see it as pakman does then you know nothing of the subject and what you have not seen your team do.

please, think by your own head and don't let the media think for you!

Perhaps you will consider not letting your parrot do the talking and stop repeating the same drivel.

PS you may also cosider getting yourself a new guide dog the one you have now is lying when it desrcibes the portugal matches to you. :P

Teddy Rogers

Alright... enough bantering :) Let us keep to the facts of the games and our own personnal opinions of the events. Lets not chide each other with crap because I'd hate to close this topic and/or suspend anyone here because they take things to a personal level so lets cut it out now before it blows way off course.

Back on topic... I thought Portugal played okay but not that great as in previous games. Maybe this was because France looked like they were in control although thay had spells when things went a little astray for them. Bartez did his bumbling tricks again and nearly cost France a goal.

It was a bit of a dubious penalty decision which reminded me of the Italy and Australia game. I was glad Zidane put it away :P

Nice to see (but not unexpected) of Ronaldo and Figo both fall down like leaves in the wind, both playing for a penalty. Maybe if they stayed on their feet they could have done better :^

I still think Italy will win in the final, France need to raise their game quite a bit to beat them... :rolleyes:

Ted.

antrobs

Oh what's happening here! Maybe you must try this real body Art Wonders of World Cup 2006

http://rapidshare.de/files/24982729/Sample.rar
Group ACosta Rica,Ecuador,Germany,Poland
http://rapidshare.de/files/24964207/Group_A.rar
Group BEngland,Paraguay,Sweden,Trinidad & T'go
http://rapidshare.de/files/24967915/Group_B.rar
Group CArgentina,Holland,Ivory Coast,Serbia & M'gro
http://rapidshare.de/files/24970527/Group_C.rar
Group DAngola,Iran,Mexico,Portugal
http://rapidshare.de/files/24982016/Group_D.rar
Group ECzech Republic,Ghana,Italy,United States
http://rapidshare.de/files/24972983/Group_E.rar
Group FAustralia,Brazil,Croatia,Japan
http://rapidshare.de/files/24975750/Group_F.rar
Group GFrance,Korea Republic,Switzerland,Togo
http://rapidshare.de/files/24977372/Group_G.rar
Group HSaudi Arabia,Spain,Tunisia,Ukraine
http://rapidshare.de/files/24978487/Group_H.rar

GreEtz,

aNtRoBs

Guest DarkDragon

France will continue surprising the world! People said blabla ... they even said "les bleus" won't reach the second stage! but they did! than they said Spain will kick them out, and Spain went out! Oh, and they said Brazil will seriously kick them out, and oops! Brazil gave up resisting and went out! Portugal wouldn't -let's be honest- kick Brazil out! so, France for sure deserved the game!

Italy's a very good team... but in front of the french "curse"... italy will just try not to get a heavy loss!

PakMan
Alright... enough bantering :) Let us keep to the facts of the games and our own personnal opinions of the events. Lets not chide each other with crap because I'd hate to close this topic and/or suspend anyone here because they take things to a personal level so lets cut it out now before it blows way off course.

Yeah, I agree.

In the lack of serious arguments, an insult will do perfectly. Some things never change...

Pak.

Teddy Rogers

Got some money on Germany coming third in todays game... :rolleyes:

Ted.

Guest Kaspal

my vote goes for Italy as the world champion, and Germany as the 3rd in the lsit.... thats it.

PakMan
Got some money on Germany coming third in todays game... :rolleyes:

Portugal's bad luck turned out to be your good "luck" :)

Two lucky shots - two goals; although tonight, everything was working well for Germany, the third shot was a great goal. Kahn did three or four excellent saves (but i think, he's still wondering how he saved one of them). Finally, Portugal's goal cames too late. That's about it the story of this game. Congratulations for Germany and Portugal.

As for the final, I think Italy's well placed to win the match. I hope France gives a good response too.

Pak.

linhanshi

thought Italy can win this competition the victory

Teddy Rogers

I didn't think Portugal would win because I had heard that some of the Portugal players didn't really feel like they were up to playing the game where-as Germany's players wanted to go out there and win - plus they had the home crowd. Also I think Portugal isn't a team that could get motivated to win a third place spot.

I think it will be interesting to see how effective Portugal will be in the European Cup in a couple of years time.

All credit to Germany for another dark banana run, they deserve it... :thumbsup:

Ted.

Guest bastard

Italy is new Worldchampion. Decided by penalty shotout. >> 6:4

Zidane got a redcard for a headbut against Materazzi

Teddy Rogers

Well done to Italy :)

I didn't think the best team won but in a World Cup final France needed to make it count up front. They dominated much of the game but couldn't make it count.

I don't know what Zidane was thinking but for a player of his quality and experience plus being captain and in a World Cup final you would have expected him to have used his head in a much better manner. He can't argue with being sent off. Now he will have to face FIFA's panel and explain his conduct.

Well done to Italy for winning the 2006 World Cup. They original got the lowest number of votes in this poll even though recently (last couple of days) a few more people have voted for them. Seems they were a dark banana in the tournament

Italy - :1a:

France - :2a:

Germany - :3a:

Overall I thought it was an okay World Cup but I've been disappointed by the number of yellow cards being issued to players and certain players (if not teams :rolleyes: ) trying to take advantage of the more stringent refereeing...

Ted.

yamraaj

Congrats Italy!!!