Tuts 4 You

How Can I Make Patchers Music Or Convert To Their Extensions ?

so How can I make or edit musics can be used by patchers like dup ?

& how can I convert music with normal extension ( mp3 , wav , wma ,...) to what patchers use ( xm,it,mod,s3m,...) ? , is there any prog (+crack/SN)?

where is their codecs to encode -decode ?

---------

I seach @ forum but shows me nothing (below); & google just show me some players ;

http://www.tuts4you.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=c50c44b70150969bc05eafd80f71a53a&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bmake+patchers+music
Edited by NeXaen
so How can I make or edit musics can be used by patchers like dup ?

& how can I convert music with normal extension ( mp3 , wav , wma ,...) to what patchers use ( xm,it,mod,s3m,...) ? , is there any prog (+crack/SN)?

where is their codecs to encode -decode ?

There are no progs around which convert "normal" music files like mp3, wav, wma to xm, it s3m etc. The reason is that mp3, wav etc files contain a digital representation of the actual sound (compressed). Whereas xm, it etc are "tracker" files which basically define musical instruments and how they are to be played.

To convert wav to xm say would mean the converter would have to somehow analyse what instruments are being played and how to sequence and play those instruments. Not totally impossible but extremely difficult - no one has been able to do it so far.

If you are looking for a source for "tracker" type files try www.modarchive.com

Z

i cant remember but there is a good XM , MOD file maker on dualtrax(link)

and as far you are concerned about MP3 conversion to xm....Ziggy's right sounds difficult !

www.dualtrax.com or chiptune.com

Search for the tool and make good tracks !

MP3 to XM hmm no.. tracked files like XM or IT3 or MOD use samples.. likes drum sounds .. guitar sounds.. synth noises.. etc mixed into different channels.. i dont think it could be done.. each sample is played at a certain speed in HZ.. slowed and sped up to change notes C,D,E,F.... etc i personally like impulse tracker myself.. my answer would be get some great samples and mix up your own tune.. u can find great drum loops and techno loops.. but they take a lot of space.. the best chiptune is a small chiptune with small samples.. nuff said now im just waffling on.. lol

NeXaen, you could compare it with the mobilphone polyphone ringtones,

which are common generated tone by tone in midi-format. There is no way just to convert it

from a music file like mp3, you really have to understand the notes and than play the melody.

thx all

I download some chiptunes from various sites , all they are *.zip.zip or tar.gz format ; but when I try open them ( w/ winrar) ; appears the message that they are damaged ; why ?

needs to change their extensions to a new , manually ; or ?

Im sure that that they are downloaded correctly ;

http://www.modarchive.com/torrents/http://www.chiptunes.org/files/chiptunes-full-000825.tar.gz
Edited by NeXaen
thx all

I download some chiptunes from various sites , all they are *.zip.zip or tar.gz format ; but when I try open them ( w/ winrar) ; appears the message that they are damaged ; why ?

needs to change their extensions to a new , manually ; or ?

Im sure that that they are downloaded correctly ;

http://www.modarchive.com/torrents/http://www.chiptunes.org/files/chiptunes-full-000825.tar.gz

For the first... modarchive, which torrent downloader program did you use? azureus?

For the second... chiptunes, manually change the extension so that it is just .tar

and for chipyunes ; thx ; I open it , but the file "chiptunes-full-000825" with no extension was inside ;

I extract & edit it to rar - zip - tar - gz ; but nothing ; so how can I use it ?

Edited by NeXaen

Open the file with a hexeditor for example winhex and check the header. There you find the right extension. The most scene stuff like this is sometimes packed with gzip/tar, just to save the content and make it also readable in other OS.

Nice collections are also (only mod files):

- ftp://scenesp.org/pub/modplanet/iso
- ftp://scenesp.org/pub/compilations/ambmod
Edited by cond0lence

ok ; I find it out finally ; for **.zip.zip files ; opera change the torrent files like **.zip.torrent to **.zip.zip ; me ( & U ) should change them manually ; and paste them in Opera or .... ;

but for chiptunes-full-000825 , I cant find anything with winhex ; winhex just show me some characters ; no additional infos ; somebody help me