Tuts 4 You

Something Odd About Anydvd

spiderhole

spiderhole

It seems to me that there is a huge global market for AnyDVD, yet to my knowledge it is the only program of its type. True, there are some programs that will both shrink and decrypt DVDs, but this still doesn't seem to explain why AnyDVD stands alone. So either I'm missing something and there are indeed similar programs, or there aren't siilar programs and I'm missing something about why this is so. Either way, I'm missing something. Thoughts?

ECLiPTiC

I just recently switched to using AnyDVD. Before this I used DVD43. DVD43 is free, and works well. I never ran into a movie that I couldn't copy while I was using it.

I just recently switched to using AnyDVD. Before this I used DVD43. DVD43 is free, and works well. I never ran into a movie that I couldn't copy while I was using it.

why the switch then?

ECLiPTiC

why the switch then?

I'll try to keep this as short as possible... I was using 1clickDVDcopy with DVD43, and life was great. I saw that 1click had a pro version out, so I installed the trial and worked on reversing it. I never completed reversing the program as I got it unpacked and then lost interest. A movie came out that I wanted to copy so I uninstalled the pro trial, and went back to the standard version. When I tried to copy the DVD it wouldn't work. My first thought was that the DVD had some sort of new protection and DVD43 wasn't removing it. I uninstalled DVD43 and replaced it with AnyDVD. To my dismay, I was still not able to copy the DVD. After some investigation, I found that installing the pro version of 1click messed with the engine of the standard version. I tried reinstalling the standard version, but it still wouldn't copy. I found a solution to my problem in CloneDVD. Using the CloneDVD / AnyDVD combination the movie copied perfectly. However; I feel that if I had not messed up my install of 1click, I would still be using it with DVD43. I'll keep my eye out for a cacked release of 1clickDVDcopy Pro v2.1.0.5, then I'll switch back.

anydvd is great

they update for latest sony protections

this proggie is very stable and the best part is you can use almost any app with it

• 8 months later...
Guest Tekguy2k2
It seems to me that there is a huge global market for AnyDVD, yet to my knowledge it is the only program of its type. True, there are some programs that will both shrink and decrypt DVDs, but this still doesn't seem to explain why AnyDVD stands alone. So either I'm missing something and there are indeed similar programs, or there aren't siilar programs and I'm missing something about why this is so. Either way, I'm missing something. Thoughts?

There is no need for comercial tools anymore since RipIt4Me is out.

All you need is RipIt4Me (Freeware), DVDDecrytor (Freeware) and FixVTS (Freeware). And you can make easily a backup of your protected DVD (included newest Sony ACRoSS Protection).

[b]http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html]http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html

Greetz Jada^AoC

NO LIVE LINKS PLEASE!!!

Edited by Teddy Rogers (see edit history)

@antrobs

DVDShrink + DVDDecryptor doesn't work with newest Sony ACRoSS protection. DVDShrink will tell you that the dvd structure isn't valid ;)

Greetz Jada^AoC

• 2 weeks later...
@antrobs

DVDShrink + DVDDecryptor doesn't work with newest Sony ACRoSS protection. DVDShrink will tell you that the dvd structure isn't valid ;)

Greetz Jada^AoC

I'm using DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0 i didn't try DVDDecryptor before ;)

aNtRoBs

@antrobs

Greetz Jada^AoC

I'm using DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0 i didn't try DVDDecryptor before ;)

aNtRoBs