Brave update problems Dark-Mode!

LCF-AT

Hi @ymg2006,

the thing is that I'am using Chrome just in incognito mode / private mode I do run already via shortcut command...

....\brave.exe" --incognito

...for a long time and using a custom theme / colors was never a problem before (almost 2 months ago) to disable the flag...

Enable Incognito brand consistency in desktop

...but at end of march this year the flag is gone / removed and now its not more possible to use a theme in incognito mode and  thats the problem. The Chrome devs just want to determine what to use and what not like in a damn communism State. Individualism is not desired! :kick:Welcome to the Idiots class. As I said before, somehow the "Stupid Behavior" is getting popular.

I asked already on github (see link above) and didn't got any answer yet after almost two months now. They just don't care you know.

greetz

• Like 1
LCF-AT

Hi guys,

so I found another problem when using Brave. Brave has that shields tool / icon what you can setup and enable / disable the icon in Brave URL bar. So when I have it enabled = default then it does show all infos about sites which was blocked etc (AdBlock stuff). Now I found out that on some internet sites the FONT the site does use and the fontsize is changed and not showing normal (Chrome). I found out that the reason for this seems to be the enabled Fingerprint option. Just if I disable that to allow fingerprints then the fonts are shown correctly and otherwise not. This must be a bug because before I never had that font problem for some sites and I always also have enabled the Block Fingerpint option in Brave Shields. So what has now the font / size of a site to do with fingerprints? In Firefox I don't have this problem but FF also has no function to block fingerprints. Just wanted to try same in FF but I don't see any option for FPs in settings allow or block.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

You can download extensions to block/ alter the browser (font) fingerprint, similar to how Brave does it. I don't recommend it though for the problems and hassles they generally cause. The more you try to be "anonymous" the more unique you become in the crowd of billions for tracking purposes.

If you are that paranoid (or doing something so illegal) you have to run in incognito with dozens of extensions to "anonymise" your browser traffic, and waste endless hours fixing broken functionality, you may as well live life on the internet using something like Tails OS from a live USB (or in a virtual machine)...

Ted.

• Like 1
LCF-AT

Hi Ted,

just using Fingerprint Block function because its there in Brave and til now I got no issues with any fonts yet but now and I have to disable it to get websites shwoing correctly as I said before. Why not trying to get some more anonymous (if possibloe) and prevent tons of trackings. Why do we use tools like UBlock Origin and NoScript etc? Because we want to prevent much of executing Bullshit so you know that. Has nothing to do to be or get paranoid. :)

greetz

• Like 1
ymg2006
On 5/28/2022 at 12:10 AM, LCF-AT said:

Hi @ymg2006,

the thing is that I'am using Chrome just in incognito mode / private mode I do run already via shortcut command...

....\brave.exe" --incognito

...for a long time and using a custom theme / colors was never a problem before (almost 2 months ago) to disable the flag...

Enable Incognito brand consistency in desktop

...but at end of march this year the flag is gone / removed and now its not more possible to use a theme in incognito mode and  thats the problem. The Chrome devs just want to determine what to use and what not like in a damn communism State. Individualism is not desired! :kick:Welcome to the Idiots class. As I said before, somehow the "Stupid Behavior" is getting popular.

I asked already on github (see link above) and didn't got any answer yet after almost two months now. They just don't care you know.

greetz

Hello @LCF-AT, If you do know the exact version that they have removed this flag, look if you can find the commit that they have made in the chromium repo. chromium/src.git - Git at Google (googlesource.com)

Investigate if it is because of chromium or have they changed something in the browser logic?

If it is not chromium, check their github repo and commits for the problematic one and compile a custom build for yourself, even you can make a clone and change update and etc, then you can pull their changes and update it manually. Although it is an arduous task but you want it so do it since they are so arrogant 😊

I am really suspicious that chromium base is culpable, because as you said all chromium based browsers changed their behavior after an update.

GitHub - brave/brave-browser: Next generation Brave browser for Android, Linux, macOS, Windows.

• Like 1
LCF-AT

Hi @ymg2006,

they removed it on April 1 when I was stared this topic. :) Must be this first version the flag are gone...

Release v1.37.110 (Chromium 100.0.4896.60) <-- Flag gone

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.37.110

...or one version before from 30.03.2022...

Release v1.37.109 (Chromium 100.0.4896.60) <--- or here Flag gone

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.37.109

So in this last one you can see much changes listed but I think you have to check out the changes for Chromium. Somehow I can find any normal release notes for Chromium like I can see for Brave. No idea how to see what they changed in Chromium when I check this link..

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+log/99.0.4844.88..100.0.4896.60?pretty=fuller&n=1000

...mabe you can post any release notes for Chromium site which looks more normal to see what they changed.

So I can not do any own compile Brave stuff etc just too complex / no clue and would be much time etc to do that when Brave does release updates almost every week you know. Would be just better if they could bring back that flag to fix that problem just if they are willing no more to be so "arrogant". Anyway, just have a look on that versions I have posted above and maybe you can see / find some info about that flag which was removed and WHY it was removed so there NO REASON to remove it its just a anyone/s did with intentionally etc. No idea why but Idiots all over and most Idiots have the Power.

PS: Maybe one more thing. I'am just a normal Brower user and do not debug or compille any stuff with that etc you know. Now I'am a dissatisfied Brave/Chromium user. :) I don't like dark themes / colors etc but they are just forcing us to use it since that version above. This just sucks.

greetz

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys,

so today I have a new issue with the Brave colors. So before I told you when enabling the flag "Color Provider Redirection For Theme Provider" in Brave then the color below the tabs does change from purple to other color. See this image...

A1_2022-04-02_212744.png

to

A2_2022-04-02_212744.png

..and few versions later the tab top was getting purple....

182911802-58a46b34-7370-4da9-b5f2-662a13

....and today I start Brave browser and all is purple!=?

CH1_2022-09-02_001239.png.e06402edad9067e5b4009dce83e6f3fd.png

But the version was not updates if I see it right. How could that changes without an update? The flag is still enabled and the lower part where the address bar is should be not purple but now it is! I really don't know what to say anymore. FCK PURPLE! Can anyone of you confirm that the flag "Color Provider Redirection For Theme Provider" dosen't change anything anymore (color) in incognito mode?

greetz

• Haha 1

Hi again,

found one more thing when checking the update history. Brave must be updated today but the Brave latest status was not updated. When you check this...

https://brave.com/latest/

....I see this...

Desktop
Release Notes v1.43.88 (Aug 17th, 2022)
Upgraded Chromium to 105.0.5195.68. (#25009) (Changelog for 105.0.5195.68)

....you see v1.43.88 and Chromium version is same like on my image in pre post (105.0.5195.68). But this can not be true. When you check Brave on GH then you can find a release today....

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.43.88

....what shows same version of v1.43.88 of Brave & same Chromium version of 105.0.5195.68 what I have. It means they did update Brave but not the main page date (Aug 17th, 2022). No idea why they didn't etc. So it means they did update today my Brave = Purple Color Trash is Back. So what the heck did they change NOW AGAIN to bring that SICK color back and why? What a damn stupid BUMS! I really just don't understand why they are so ignorant and ridiculous!

greetz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

just wanna ask you whether there is anyone who could find out whether its possible to patch that Brave specific purple color code to any other color code? So the Brave guys didn't answer anymore on my last post and I think they will just not change it etc whats really a super bad PITA. I really don't know whats wrong with those guys and I would like to :slap:them all for being so ultra dumb. So now I would like to change that purple color (incognito mode) to any NORMAL and eyes friendly color. The color picker tool tells me that the purple color in latest version is 322560 (hex). The question is whether its possible to find this static value in Brave exe itself to change it with any other.

Otherwise I would like to ask whether it could be doable to change the color from outside with any extern tool? You know those tools to read classes / controls and to change flags etc so in this case I would need some tool like this what can change the color of a control / window etc. Is there maybe anything like this?

All in all the Chrome / Brave "Theme and Color" issues are pure homemade because of "NO" reason and no normal human in this world would accept this behavior and decisions to remove good working features / flags. It's glass clear and unambiguous now, the Chrome & Brave 🤝 guys are a case for the X-Files or Psychiatrie. :yes:

greetz

in the %appdata% folder ... it works for normal profiles but it doesn't work when it comes (Guest Profile) i still don't know why.

I don't know if there's any difference between Incognito , tor and guest ...

image.png.562f47f288c9cf120776f0c14ab8559d.png

13 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

s anyone who could find out whether its possible to patch that Brave specific purple color code to any other color code

I tried also to patch the rgb value in memory but nothing happened , am pretty sure there's something forcing this dark theme!

00007FF84EA35350 | 48:8D05 4A42DE08         | lea rax,qword ptr ds:[7FF8578195A1]     | rax:"#19162fff", 00007FF8578195A1:"backgroundColor"

15 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

Otherwise I would like to ask whether it could be doable to change the color from outside with any extern tool?

In normal cases (as far as I know) it can be done by grabing a handle to the window and use some winapi functions like SendMessage and BeginPaint...etc but in this case

it's "Chrome_WidgetWin_1" it's difficult to loop through controls in this custom class as it's not a simple win32 control like button and edit ...etc

Another way is to allow extensions to work in incognito mode, try to find an extension that changes the theme than use it.

greetz

• Like 1

Hi @w00she,

thank you for having a look on it. What is in the %appdata% folder? There is nothing stored of Brave and the profile of Brave you can find in the %localappdata% "\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data"folder but inside of the entire folder I can not find any file with those JSON entrys called "autogenerated" like you have. In which file did you found it? In Local State file?

About extension. No idea whether there is / was an extension to change themes.

Listen, so I don't really know what to do more to get the Chrome / Brave guys back on the right track and I think it's just hopeless to achieve anything good. Now I'am trying to find anyone to help me / us all to find a way to change that purple color to any other color as minimum change you know. Some patch / hack whatever works. The funny thing is that even the Chrome dark incognito THEME (default / >>Material Incognito Dark Theme<<) is much better than the >>PURPLE<< colored THEME of BRAVE browser. The theme I'am using normally is this one...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/slinky-brushed/piiokbhpgldooopjdacdondngonfljoc

....simple gentle gray with texture but nice and normal. No dark agressive color shit like you can see in Brave (see images above / pre posts).

Jkuk_1-tYP8m5msvHFC1vSkspchxx_bBePlYhPpb

greetz

28 minutes ago, LCF-AT said:

thank you for having a look on it. What is in the %appdata% folder? There is nothing stored of Brave and the profile of Brave you can find in the %localappdata% "\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data"folder but inside of the entire folder I can not find any file with those JSON entrys called "autogenerated" like you have. In which file did you found it? In Local State file?

Hi, @LCF-AT

So for each profile you create on brave it get saved in a folder called "Profile x" and inside this folder you'll find a file called "pereferences"

image.png.22107f17f78ef9cd40bd5c4eddc2fe66.png

image.png.0930a9aed601cc134895d3c0bc4ea444.png

once you open it with any text editor you'll find values , I noticed the value called "autogenerated":{"theme":{"color":-4776932}}" , I changed the decimal values and the color changed , I tried to use it on the other folder "Guest Folder" but it exits idk why.

Greetings,

• Like 1