Tuts 4 You

How to get a sidebar panel in Brave to load local files?

Hi guys,

just wanna whether its possible to get any sidebar panel to see on the left side to show extern file content which I could load in browser by just a click on it?So in Firefox I can let show the bookmark sidebar and something like that I would like to have also for extern files (local html files).So at the moment I can just load my extern html files via strg+O or using drag / drop method but it would be much nicer to have a sidebar to see all of them etc you know.Just asking whether there is already a way to do that in Brave or maybe you do know any extension for that.Otherwise I still have to use the explorer on left side and make the browser smaller to see both and doing some drag & drop operations.

greetz

Hi,

what do you mean?

Example: So in Firefox you can press strg+B or strg+H to get the sidebar panel to see showing bookmarks or chronik.Now in bookmarks panel I can click on any link I have added to load it and something like that I wanna have for extern files to show my file Explorer.Lets say I have some folder on my HDD where I have stored many html files which I wanna load in browser on the same way.For this I dont need internet access so the html files just getting loaded local (c:\path\12345.html).At the moment I can just load any extern html via strg+O or using drag / drop but I'am looking for a better method specially if you have many html files to check / read.Now I thought there would be any extension which could maybe do that to make such access & loading quicker and nicer.

Just imagine to read any newspaper for a week = 7 newspapers.On internet you can only read the actually newspaper of the day.Now you do just save all newspapers as html file (in nice readable text format) and you got 7 html files on extern drive / HDD / local.Lets say you do that a month = 30 +/- newspapers and now you wanna access / read them in browser and right for that I need to have any nice panel to see all my extern html files and to choose / load them (no internet needed) in browser to read them = similar as the bookmark panel.In that case I dont need to load one by one via strg+O or using drag / drop you know.All in all a pretty simple task but I found a feature like that not in a browser yet for extern / local html / php etc files I can load in a brwoser.Thats why I'am asking whether there is any extension already what can do that.

greetz

whoknows

smthing like these :?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/local-filesystem-links/

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/local-explorer-file-manag/eokekhgpaakbkfkmjjcbffibkencdfkl

• Like 1

Hi again,

hm, not sure.Maybe its similar as I am looking for but just for html sites only like the bookmarks.If I see it right then the extension does just show a explorer in Browser itself and does open files with specific apps on PC like it does in normal explorer.So this is not what I am looking for.My files / htmls should be loaded in browser like bookmarks = same like panel in Firefox.Should work nice and quickly you know.

greetz

whoknows

and in the end, what is the bad to open the windows explorer folder, where the htmls are save and double click the needed file!? :flowers:

• Like 1

The bad thing in that case is that I have to do it each time 1-1000+ which isn't pretty nice you know.

Otherwise do you know any other tools who can read / show html pages and having a panel for quick selection etc?

greetz