Tuts 4 You

Defender and Firewall Rule problem!

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my VMBox and Win10 x64 20H2 and the Firewall I'am using on it.The problem is that I get each time a Defender Message if I just BLOCK all access to internet via FireWall!I get that error....

FW3_2021-05-29_211637.png.5b476bebf9ce054d2f356ff387f1c9b7.png

....just after I did block the internet by GlassWire FW.After that Defender does set itself to X red icon and in the list of Defender itself I can just choose Re-Start as action!There is no other choice to choose just re-start.Why that?Nothing to allow or whatever just re-start.The question is why it happens?Who let the dog out? :)

greetz

• Like 1
aIjundi
2 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

I get each time a Defender Message if I just BLOCK all access to internet via FireWall!

If the purpose is to have the VM with absolutely no internet, why not disable the network interfaces?

• Like 1
LCF-AT

Hi,

so my purpose is not to disable all internet in VM so I was just testing the Firewall out and that problem did trigger you know.Not sure why.Maybe its the Firewall itself I did update to latest version.Anyway, so somehow something dosen't match now using the FW+Defender.Just testing on VM yet not on my main system (to prevent problems).

greetz