Tuts 4 You

I can't eject USB drive!

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

new problem.I did connect by USB drive to find some files and now I wanted to disconnect the drive again but it does fail "Error undock / device is in use etc (just get german language)".Now I was checking the action protocol what happens to find the reason for that problem and found ID 225 with MsMpEng.exe who seems to prevent the eject of USB drive.Damn!What the heck is MS_Defender doing on my USB?Also if the USB does turn off my itself after few minutes the disconnect dosen't work and I get same error with MsMpEng.exe!How to manage that now to get my USB disconnected without to re-start PC or any similar bullshit?

greetz

Nacho_dj

Hello LCF-AT!

Open a windows explorer, then right click on the unit icon to get the contextual menu of that unit. Don't you get the Eject option? If yes, try that. I have used this way in similar situations as you described and it works.

Good luck with it mate!

Cheers

Nacho_dj

• Like 1
LCF-AT

Hi Nacho,

so I don't get this Eject menu to see in context menu or in diskmgmt for that USB drive (NTFS).I only have that icon on tray to eject the USB 3.0 drive but that always fails because of that MS Defender app.The only thing I can try is to open the devices & printer window and there I can see the USB 3.0 drive.Now I can select that / right mouse and now I have a menu called "Remove device" with a admin icon before.If I press that then it tells me "Device can not removed when its still in use".Men men men!Always such a damn stupid bullshit!I also cant disable MS Defender (service not) to remove the USB.I also tried to sign out / sign in but this also dosen't work!I'am really angry again.I wanted to check out diffrent USB drives and do hang now for hours on that shit problem here.What can I do now?

PS: Thanks for your post so far Nacho.

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

so I could only reboot my PC with connected USB drive and now after the boot was finished I could remove the USB drive via tray icon.As next step I did connect a other USB drive on my PC to search and copy some files and now I wanted to eject / ubdock the drive and I get same trouble again with that bullshit Defender crap!So what the heck!So I don't wanna reboot each time if I plug / unplug a USB drive you know.So this is what I got when trying to eject the USB....

ID 225
Die Anwendung System mit der Prozess-ID 4 hat das Entfernen oder Auswerfen für das Gerät USB\..... beendet.
ID 225
Die Anwendung \Device\HarddiskVolume6\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2101.9-0\MsMpEng.exe mit der Prozess-ID 2852 hat das Entfernen oder Auswerfen für das Gerät USB\...... beendet.

....both are logged at same timestamp and are marked with a warning icon.ID 4 is ntoskrnl.exe and the other one is Defender service.So what is going wrong here and how to fix that?

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi ramzi2015,

thanks for that link and info.So it seems to be a older bug of MS and they didn't fixed yet!=?Really unbelievable!Sometimes we have to think that just some Zombies are working for MS and thats the kind of support you get as customer (toilet flush).I'am really no fan of MS and thats also not the first problem they didn't fixed yet for a long time so whats going on with them!Wake up guys and don't dream around or do you need a enema or some free ass kicks! :slap:

Alright, so yesterday I found also the info to exclude my static letter used USB drive in Defender options and I did it / reboot and it seems to work.Just tried it once now to connect & disconnect the USB drive = working now.Of course its no nice solution but better as nothing to prevent a restart each time whats really ridiculous.

Lets see whether MS can do it to fix that bug before they release Windows 11 (maybe with Aero again, ah right, I just forgot that MS just dosen't care about it - you snore noses)!

greetz

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, LCF-AT said:

I'am really no fan of MS and thats also not the first problem they didn't fixed yet for a long time

There is a simple solution and that is do not use Defender

By all means use MS as an OS but that doesn't mean you have to use every MS product that goes with it like Edge, media player, defender etc. There are much better free alternatives for all of them without any of the hastle!