Linux-based Windows makes perfect sense

whoknows

zdnet.com/article/linux-based-windows-makes-perfect-sense/

bonus

digitalbunker.dev/2020/09/30/understanding-how-uuids-are-generated/

dont ask too much - tiblar.com/post/761461990592879703

Edited by whoknows (see edit history)
kao

Eric S. Raymond is either very naive or has been smoking some strong stuff...

Microsoft is not going to abandon the only thing that differentiates them from Ubuntu. Windows kernel is here to stay for a very long time. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 10/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, kao said:

Eric S. Raymond is either very naive or has been smoking some strong stuff...

Microsoft is not going to abandon the only thing that differentiates them from Ubuntu. Windows kernel is here to stay for a very long time. :)

Totally agree, the years that Windows has been developing their business model, it would be an extremely unwise and almost game-ending decision to do this.

Kurapica

Unfortunately such articles and authors are the poison of this industry, It's like those pop-science shows

on National Geographic, all about hyping and exaggeration, you see lots of new comers doing that in recent years

with more news about cyber attacks and events, I know a local company which made good profits by using the strategy

of terrorizing business owners about possible attacks, sell them magical product A and B and go on ...

just my 2 cents.

24 minutes ago, Kurapica said:

Unfortunately such articles and authors are the poison of this industry, It's like those pop-science shows

on National Geographic, all about hyping and exaggeration, you see lots of new comers doing that in recent years

with more news about cyber attacks and events, I know a local company which made good profits by using the strategy

of terrorizing business owners about possible attacks, sell them magical product A and B and go on ...

just my 2 cents.

Interesting observation. Unfortunately this isn't a new strategy, this was/is extremely common across many fields of study, e.g., Medicine (less so in the western world).

Edited by eXit (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...