Hashcat

I'm working on something and came across Hashcat and wondering if anyone has any experience with it, and how you rate it

Its had a major update to 6.0.0 yesterday and curious on how good it is at password recovery on a windows 10 enterprise 2015  x64 based system.

HostageOfCode

It is for bruteforcing hashes not for encryption algorithms. I tried it once against one md5 hash but too many collisions so you have to write additional program to filter the collisions...

5 hours ago, HostageOfCode said:

It is for bruteforcing hashes not for encryption algorithms. I tried it once against one md5 hash but too many collisions so you have to write additional program to filter the collisions...

Hashes are coming from algorithms!!!! lol 

• Confused 1
13 hours ago, H1TC43R said:

I'm working on something and came across Hashcat and wondering if anyone has any experience with it, and how you rate it

Its had a major update to 6.0.0 yesterday and curious on how good it is at password recovery on a windows 10 enterprise 2015  x64 based system.

Used it quite a lot - the speed will depend largely on your GPU though

I suggest you take the time to read through the different attack types. Some of the custom permutations and things are super powerful - I usually have more success with those on a small, well thought out dict (<5MB) than just using a massive dictionary file.

• Thanks 1