Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Bidasci

How to make a game appear online?

Bidasci

A game such as HITMAN 2 requires an always online connection to unlock stuff. Is there a way to bypass this and make the game appear online?

jameswoods

Hitman 2 is protected by denuvo. This would more then likely involve removing the DRM.

Edit: after a quick google search apparently it has been removed in a recent update.

Edited by jameswoods (see edit history)

Bidasci
On 6/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, jameswoods said:

Hitman 2 is protected by denuvo. This would more then likely involve removing the DRM.

Edit: after a quick google search apparently it has been removed in a recent update.

That's good but my question has not been answered. 

chickenbutt

Older thread but I'll add to save space

I made "The Hunter"(now a big famous AAA  franchise) completely offline as well as a bunch of games from a seedy company called ThriXXX. The latter used TheMida when there were basically no Oreans tools or tutorials anywhere and got defeated by me and one team using injection and inlining..

If it's not PVP stuff you can usually emulate it by storing assets locally and inlining over some auth and request garbage... PVP is almost always UDP streaming protocols that fills large asset structs; you can even make that offline*(or online) if you want to spend forever writing an engine and using a DLL...

Edited by chickenbutt (see edit history)

atom0s

The online aspects of this game were probably managed by Steam's API since it is a Steam release for the PC. This generally means it's tied to using Steam's API within steam_api.dll. There are tons of emulations for this that can fully emulate all aspects of Steam (match making, DLC access, online/offline modes, etc.) which you can find on sites like cs.rin.ru.