Tuts 4 You

Edit History

LCF-AT

LCF-AT

Hi again,

are there any other function I can use to set normal ico icons into a menu without using SetMenuItemBitmaps function?Is there no function to set none bitmap icons into a menu?

Example: If I call LoadIcon function & SendMessage with WM_SETICON flag then the loaded icon will set into the app bar etc you know what I mean.The icon is shown like it is.Also if I create a toolbar then I can also set normal icons into.Should it not also be possible with menus too without using a ownerdraw?Did I miss something that I only find and see that one function called SetMenuItem>Bitmaps<?No function like SetMenuItemIcon?Just asking only.I am getting confused again with that whole icon stuff ico/bmp/transparent etc.As I said,normaly I am just using ico icons and no bitmap icons or wanna just use ico icons only.But I also dont wanna do some extra work for this to convert to bmp icon +/- making some area of the icon transparent / filling with color xy or whatever you know.

greetz

EDIT: How can I check whether a loaded icon used alpha blend mode?

LCF-AT

LCF-AT

Hi again,

are there any other function I can use to set normal ico icons into a menu without using SetMenuItemBitmaps function?Is there no function to set none bitmap icons into a menu?

Example: If I call LoadIcon function & SendMessage with WM_SETICON flag then the loaded icon will set into the app bar etc you know what I mean.The icon is shown like it is.Also if I create a toolbar then I can also set normal icons into.Should it not also be possible with menus too without using a ownerdraw?Did I miss something that I only find and see that one function called SetMenuItem>Bitmaps<?No function like SetMenuItemIcon?Just asking only.I am getting confused again with that whole icon stuff ico/bmp/transparent etc.As I said,normaly I am just using ico icons and no bitmap icons or wanna just use ico icons only.But I also dont wanna do some extra work for this to convert to bmp icon +/- making some area of the icon transparent / filling with color xy or whatever you know.

greetz