Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
LCF-AT

Opera Pink?WTF!

LCF-AT
Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

short question about Brave browser.Maybe I am again to stupid but where can I find the release notes page of the browser?I just see a link to this site.

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases

But there are many nightly version etc.Just wanna see the release notes of the version I do use or was updated too quickly like in Firefox you know.

Example: If I check the about menu I get this infos to see.

Brave ist auf dem neuesten Stand  <--- up to date info
Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Offizieller Build) (32-Bit)

Should be latest stable versions.Now I wanna read infos about the updates of Brave 0.65.118 & Chromium 75.0.3770.80 what they added for new functions etc.

greetz

EDIT: Forgot to ask one more thing about Brave and the bookmark list.So I did import my bookmarks from FF into Brave and I see them all same like in FF now but the problem I have is,if I scroll down in my bookmark list to any position pick any link or not and re-click the boomark arrow button to open the bookmark list again then it shows them again from the top and not from the last stopped position I did scroll to like Firefox does.Dosent Brave has this feature too?Just asking about it so its bad if I have many links and some below I wanna choose few times then I need to scroll down each time.

Edited by LCF-AT
Added another question (see edit history)

LCF-AT

Hi again,

I found some strange info.Look at this image..

Brave.png.06775ec24ae27cb919eaf18a6297aad0.png

...it tells me Brave is up to date on left side and in menu it tells me Brave is outdated!=?It seems that Brave dosent update anyhow but each time if I go into about page it does check the version and said up to date!How does it match?

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi Am4t3uR,

yes thanks for this link.I really dont check why are they hiding some things like that and I need to search a wolf.In this case I do prefer Firefox simple method to go directly to changelog page.Anyway.I did download brave installer again and installed just over etc and now its updated..

Version 0.68.131 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Offizieller Build) (32-Bit)

....strange method.

greetz

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi again,

two more questions I have about Brave browser.

1.) Updates.Is it really not possible that Brave does update itself like other browsers?I always need to download the latest installer from Brave and install it over the old installation to get it updated.Is this a bug?Somehow pretty bad to download / install each time you know like today again.

2.) I am trying to disable the URL bar suggestions if I enter anything but it dosent work.I found this info here...

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017989132-How-do-I-change-my-Privacy-Settings-

Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar

....I did disable it but still get suggestions to see if I enter anything.

Adisabled.png.0a538e3edfb9788e49b95b99b6997da3.png

Does anyone know how to turn this completely off?Something in the flags settings maybe?

greetz

Teddy Rogers

Never been a fan of Brave Browser (PC version). I have tried to love it many times. It always feels to me disjointed, broken and unpolished as if it is purely a theme over Chrome with custom extensions.

I know this will not help answer your query and this is a borderline who's browser is better comment, I think you may find something like Vivaldi much more appealing. More polished, stable with a lot more settings and customisation's for you to spend hours fiddling with. If you just want something that works stick with Chrome or a pure Chromium build...

Ted.

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi again,

I tried already diffrent browser types and at the end I found out that the Brave browser has just the best performance for my system (specially for video streaming).All other which are also based on Chrome like Vivaldi or Opera (Firefox too) having a bad worse performance for me and need more CPU usage.Not sure why of course.So for me its more important to use a browser which is system gently (you know I am using low level system) to prevent hangs / slow downs etc and here is the Brave browser the best for me.Normaly I do prefer using Firefox browser which has better settings & overview and at the moment I am using both browsers for diffrent tasks.

PS: In Vivaldi browser I have also the same problem with the URLs if I enter something.Seems that this cant be really disabled too.Always showing some suggestions also from bookmarks etc.Anyway,just did wonder why this dosent get disabled.The most disturbing problem in any Chrome based browser are still the mostly long waiting times on starting a new / another tab so this really sucks.No tab gets created straight like in Firefox.Sometimes I need to wait till 20 seconds till new tab was created.Thats really PITA.

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

does anyone know how to change flash permissions for specific sites?

Normaly I have flash disabled but for some sites I wanna use it.In such cases the Brave browser does recognize it by itself whether the site wants to use flash or not and I do see it into the URL bar / left site where I can enable / disallow flash.Now in some cases I dont get this allow / disallow (seems to be Brave issue / bug so in Firefox it works and does recognize flash) and I need to set it manually for that site (choosing URL / left side / settings for URL / allow flash / reload URL page / now I get flash menu to see in URL bar left side where I can set it to allow).So this way is pretty laborious to do this each time specially for server sites (xy.server).

When I call this in browser...

chrome://settings/content/flash

..then I get a overview of sites I did set flash settings I did allow.Unfortunately I can not edit the URLs there to set something like this..

https://*.server.com:443

...putting a * at the start.Not sure whether this would work or not.I tried this but it always shows %2A instead of * as URL.Also when I am using this URL code %2A and add it to allow flash it dosent work.Just can set each site manually to allow it to get the flash menu showing to allow / disallow it.

Maybe anyone has a idea how to force Brave showing that flash menu in the URL bar / left side icon to allow / disallow it when I call any page.In my case I get first this to see without showing the flash menu...

BF0.png.adfca4b94c0da27138e66abf0d205713.png

...now I need to press settings menu there and setting flash manually to allow for this URL.After this I do reload the same page in browser and then I get this menus to see when I do press left side icon in URL bar...

BF1.png.01a9e41bccc47bed343373b9da6e1152.png

....where I can allow flash for this URL.As I said this menu with flash will not shown by Brave itself (must be a bug / recognize problem) and I need to make this detour to get the menu.Now it would interesting whether its possible to force showing that flash menu (second picture above) for all URLs anyway whether the page used flash or not.Would be a good to idea to popup this flash menu when Brave dosent recognize flash on any page to prevent this detour and to enable flash quickly for the page you know.Anything like that.Maybe you know any setting point in Brave I can change to force showing this flash menu to allow / disallow it so that would be already ok for me.Some hints about that are welcome.

Thank you

EDIT: Hmmmm!Ok I found it! :) Just had to change this menu...

BF2.png.9fdb4ec94df1631acb289bc1ae6dc9be.png

..to this...

BF3.png.86adbd7ad06432585e893588dc69db12.png

....and now I get always the menu to see.Sorry guys my fault again.Stupid me!!!

Edited by LCF-AT
Rectification (see edit history)