Tuts 4 You
LCF-AT

Opera Pink?WTF!

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

short question about Opera browser.I updated the browser and get to see any pink color in private browser mode!

https://help.opera.com/en/touch/private-mode/

Below I made a screenshot.The color look total stupid!Now I was looking for a way to change this color but didnt found any setting for this. :( I would like to have same decent color like in not private mode.Has anyone of you a idea whether there is any hidden flag/s for this to change this color?

Pink.png.a55957f6fdece1343cdca62ea8a3470a.png

greetz

whoknows
  • Opera is a Chromium-based browser
  • IE is a Chromium-based browser
  • Brave is a Chromium-based browser

man use the #1 browser, brave ...

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi whoknows,

thanks for the info.I tried this browser and seems to be a good one too but there is a problem.Each time if I create a new tab then it lags to load the new tab.Also if I switch from one tab to other tab then it lags too a little.It does show first a empty white content before it shows the website.Thats a pretty bad behavior.Do you know whether there is any setting to prevent this lags for the tabs switching / new tabs etc?Can I also disable loading the background (normal private window stuff or in not private mode the background image which is each time else and the infos about tracker etc)?Just wanna get this lags away.

greetz

whoknows

hi,

never observe this^ but I just replicate it. Assuming is because loading a new image each time.. A quick google$, doesnt give the answer 

https://www.google.com/search?q=brave+disable+image+on+new+tab

forgot to tell, before brave for about 3 years we had :

• SRWare is a Chromium-based browser (srware.net/software_srware_iron.php)

all the best.

Kurapica
On 4/19/2019 at 12:44 PM, whoknows said:
  • Opera is a Chromium-based browser
  • IE is a Chromium-based browser
  • Brave is a Chromium-based browser

man use the #1 browser, brave ... 

LCF-AT is not a man :D

cheers

CodeExplorer
On 4/27/2019 at 7:23 AM, Kurapica said:

LCF-AT is not a man :D

cheers

LCF-AT is a woman that doesn't like the pink color... strange! :D
Maybe is just that specific pink color.

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi,

so I dont like that color dark value because its aggressive and of course it looks very dumb too.I like decent bright colors whats also better for the eyes.Bright background / dark text are fine.Dark background / bright Text are bad.Firefox does handle the private tab mode better without to change the theme color in the working area/s (tabs / bars) and just putting a small private mode logo in the bar what dosent disturbs anyone you know.But changing the whole theme color in this mode like Opera / Brave etc does isnt really acceptable without to ask for permission by the user itself.Sorry,but its really stupid.So they also put a private Logo into the bar so why them also change the color theme!?Logo is enough so everyone can see this.Sometimes less is more.Of course its just my opinion.

greetz

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi again,

just tried today to find some solution for that annoying lagging / slowness tab loading issues but without success.On the other hand I could find tons of reports about that problem since 2016 - today.All in all there is no way to manage that anyhow by ourself.Hhhmm.Its a nice browser with very good speed for browsing & streaming (CPU usage keeps lower than in Firefox) but with some pretty disturbing quirks. :( Maybe they can fix that problem in the future.

I also found out if I use some AddOn/s that they dont work always.Its similar like a random on loading a webpage.Also a bit strange.

greetz

GaBoR

How about Vivaldi browser? Did you try it? Also Chromium based.

LCF-AT

Hi,

yes I tried already many diffrent browsers.I see that Chrome,Opera and  Brave  having same bad issues more or less with the tabs.In this case Brave and Opera are the worst ones (hangs / loading very long / tab switch flickering).Chrome works best of this three browsers (tab stuff).Such problems I dont have with Firefox browser.

By the way.In Chrome / Opera is still no option to delete all browser datas on exit.I found this info...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/automatically-delete-browsing-history-chrome/

....but dosent work.Still all datas there after restart.

Verlauf.png.d43c7a6d69124caeddfcb4f34ea3f158.png

Who wants to delete that manually before exit the browser? :) Or installing a extra AddOn what does it autmatically you know.Another bad issue of this browsers.Also the buildings of those very large GB 00000 bytes isnt good.Anyway,just my opinion.

greetz

zrcc
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:45 PM, LCF-AT said:

greetz

I think the best one is definitely Brave. The lag when opening a new tab is caused by the image, so, you should go to the settings and search for "Tab" and you can find something like that. So you should press that option, and put "about:blank" or just Google.. idk.

- Cheers, and sorry for my bad english.

Edited by zrcc (see edit history)

whoknows

@v0.57.18 - there is no such property.

LCF-AT

Hi,

I dont think thats an image problem.If I run the private mode then it has the same problem like in normal mode.But I also have seen that Chrome,Opera browser has same bad issues with the tabs like Brave too.Thats really totally :cry:.Sometime the loading time is very long open a new empty tab.If I enter in time a new url and enter then it dosent work and the url bar gets empty after tab is ready.Anyway,the tab create / switching issues are worst in those browsers.Creating a new empty tab should be happen straight without any issues like FF does.Also the start process of any of those Chrom|ium based browsers does take sometimes a longer while and showing just a empty browser till its ready later.Dont know what its all checking on startup.

greetz

zrcc
5 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

Hi,

I dont think thats an image problem.If I run the private mode then it has the same problem like in normal mode.But I also have seen that Chrome,Opera browser has same bad issues with the tabs like Brave too.Thats really totally :cry:.Sometime the loading time is very long open a new empty tab.If I enter in time a new url and enter then it dosent work and the url bar gets empty after tab is ready.Anyway,the tab create / switching issues are worst in those browsers.Creating a new empty tab should be happen straight without any issues like FF does.Also the start process of any of those Chrom|ium based browsers does take sometimes a longer while and showing just a empty browser till its ready later.Dont know what its all checking on startup.

greetz

Hmm, if isn't the image in new tab, idk what's the problem.

- Cheers.

Bartosz Wójcik

Sometimes I think Opera is run by a bunch of idiots. I've been using Opera since it was built on Presto engine. They break old versions compatibility without a blink of an eye, I have lost my favourites countless times by upgrading previous version of Opera, it was gone like that - hundreds of bookmarks, since then I have stopped using it at all.

Then I have switched to this Chrome based version (just because I was too used to right mouse gestures) and I hate it, they change colors like this pink shit, they change the way startup window is shown (speeddial), they have added some artificial animations after opening a new tabs, it's not possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to many actions (why?).

I have contacted with them on their Twitter support many times with bug reports, filed their forms to report bugs - no response at all...

You should see their support forums, many people are upset about their "breaking changes" and they don't do anything about it.

I'm thinking about moving to Vivaldi, looks like much more customizable version.

• Like 1

Teddy Rogers
21 hours ago, Bartosz Wójcik said:

I'm thinking about moving to Vivaldi, looks like much more customizable version.

Between Opera and Vivaldi my preference would be for Vivaldi. Every time I tried Opera over the last few years there has always been a quirk or something broken...

Ted.

NeWOT
3 hours ago, CodeExplorer said:

That is for Chrome browser!

Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave, and more are all based on Chromium.

Bartosz Wójcik

Romanian fight hehe ;)

whoknows

@LCF-AT

Open T:\Program Files\brave\73.2.17.13\brave_resources.pak to a hex editor (dont try w/ notepad++)

ASCII search for :
brave_new_tab.js

replace it with 
arave_new_tab.js

or whitespace whole @ :
<script src="chrome://newtab/brave_new_tab.js"></script>

tested & working

greets @NeWOT

• Like 2

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

thanks for that hint whoknows. :) I tried it and found <script src="/brave_new_tab.bundle.js"> inside that file and changed it.Now I only get blank background to see but it seems to work on first tests to prevent that loading shit and creating the new tab straight. :) I will check this some more out to be sure but for the moment its a nice found whoknows.Thanks again for that info.If you find some more to patch etc what could be helpfully then just post it too. :)

greetz

whoknows

@LCF-AT

alternative, if u like to have the status labels etc. w/o bgimage @:

you can search @ T:\Program Files\brave\73.2.17.13\brave_resources.pak for :

background-image: url(${e=>e.background});

and whitespace it.

--

this is the brave_new_tab.js (694kb) each time new open a new tab, loads this!!

https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/Ufg3tbew/file.html

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi again,

what do you mean with status labels?For me its all blank now in normal & private mode.

I found the entry background-image: url(${e=>e.background}) and changed this but I dont see any effect etc.

Info: So I see some diffrents during creating a new tab.Lets say in my first tab I have loaded a webpage like google and if I now press the plus sign to create a new tab then it does load a while before new tab  is created so I can also see loading tab string there.The strange thing is that its not loading if I create a new tab from a empty tab.Somehow pretty stupid behavior.Lets say I have 2 tabs....first google and second tab empty.If I now create new tab = straight created.If I close all tabs except the first one with google and create a new tab = loading!=?But ONLY if the first tab is anything loaded like google etc.If I move the first tab to other position like pos 2 or higher and create then a new tab or press plus sign  then the new tab is also created straight.Anyhow is really total bullshit = no sense.So it seems to be a problem with the first tab + any site loaded into.If I keep the first tab empty = nothing loaded then all other tabs after loading straight.Just test it a little and you should get same strange results. :)

greetz