Tuts 4 You

Edit History

Progman

Progman

I think atom0s worded those posts perfectly.

I feel the Administrator punished me by making content moderation approval, 2 warnings, etc when I was defending the forum in my own way from trolls.  Instead of seeing through what was going on this account got trashed this account but yes I did make one pretty gossip-y post but it was in general discussion and theoretically okay until it turned into a nonsense.  Just trying to confirm some rumors.  Probably a bad idea in hindsight.  It caused a chain reaction of endless trolling and non-stop defense of it as well as an angry admin when I tried to point out some obvious impersonation shadiness.

Anyway, the problem is if the admin does not want to take a genuine interest in the site, nor put a moderation team together to do this, and instead seemingly cluelessly going about maintaining what is envisioned as a status quo.  And further looking at the big reddit drama and trying to hyper-moderate dramatic attention to the site, which is not blameworthy but if that's the only time there is site administration, come on by now everyone knows what I am saying.  I feel these forums have been around for a long time, and its hard to near impossible to have energy constantly to take the focus and interest needed to discern what is going on from the top level down to the details.  And that is why to have a proper forum system, the admin needs people who can dabble in these micro-issues and the minutia.  When the admins go there, its draconian, heavy-handed and nonsensical as the admin looks at things from a very remote and high level and won't take proper care to discern it.

I think this site will thrive with a good moderation team.  Reluctant admins and no moderation seems to be the norm nowadays and its causing the communities to slowly whither.  As well, some break away forums are in the works due to the fallout here.  But its time to catch this before it worsens.  There is a reason this thread is here and this is the most obvious thing.

Progman

Progman

I feel the Administrator punished me by making content moderation approval, 2 warnings, etc when I was defending the forum in my own way from trolls.  Instead of seeing through what was going on this account got trashed this account but yes I did make one pretty gossip-y post but it was in general discussion and theoretically okay until it turned into a nonsense.  Just trying to confirm some rumors.  Probably a bad idea in hindsight.

Anyway, the problem is if the admin does not want to take a genuine interest in the site, nor put a moderation team together to do this, and instead seemingly cluelessly going about maintaining what is envisioned as a status quo.  And further looking at the big reddit drama and trying to hyper-moderate dramatic attention to the site, which is not blameworthy but if that's the only time there is site administration, come on by now everyone knows what I am saying.  I feel these forums have been around for a long time, and its hard to near impossible to have energy constantly to take the focus and interest needed to discern what is going on from the top level down to the details.  And that is why to have a proper forum system, the admin needs people who can dabble in these micro-issues and the minutia.  When the admins go there, its draconian, heavy-handed and nonsensical as the admin looks at things from a very remote and high level and won't take proper care to discern it.

I think this site will thrive with a good moderation team.  Reluctant admins and no moderation seems to be the norm nowadays and its causing the communities to slowly whither.  As well, some break away forums are in the works due to the fallout here.  But its time to catch this before it worsens.  There is a reason this thread is here and this is the most obvious thing.

Progman

Progman

I feel the Administrator punished me by making content moderation approval, 2 warnings, etc when I was defending the forum in my own way from trolls.  Instead of seeing through what was going on this account got trashed this account