Tuts 4 You
CodeExplorer

Sharing my Windows 7 activation experiences

CodeExplorer

Sharing my Windows 7 activation experiences:
Why Windows 7? Since it comed with my buyed laptop!

You need an original DVD with a boot-able kit of Windows 7!
My version was Windows 7 SP1 x64 (64 bits).
You need an internet connection in order to activate you Windows 7 license,
first time it didn't succeed, second time the Windows was genuine!
A Windows Home Premium license will not work with a Professional version of Windows.
But for Home Premium you can use a 64 bits version of Windows or 32 bits version of Windows.
The key looked like this:
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX   XXX-XXXXX-S07IT
The key was written on laptop back was in full format without space (" ")
the actual key used to activate Windows 7 was only first bolded chars!!!
I still don't know why only first 5*5 = 25 chars!!!

kao
46 minutes ago, CodeExplorer said:

You need an original DVD with a boot-able kit of Windows 7!

That's not necessary. You can create custom bootable DVD as well. For example, see https://www.raymond.cc/blog/create-x86-x64-all-one-windows-7-iso/

38 minutes ago, CodeExplorer said:

I still don't know why only first 5*5 = 25 chars!!!

Because Windows key is always 25 chars. The rest is a laptop model. Quick Google search tells me you most likely have some kind of Samsung with i7 processor.  ;) NP-RC530-S07IT? NP-RC730-S07IT?

CodeExplorer
Posted (edited)

Actually the last part "-S07IT" is from MODEL CODE of laptop and has nothing to do with Windows activation key:
it was a typing error! "-S07IT" is not part of Windows serial!

The left XXX-XXXXX which is not part of actual Windows activation key seems to be the Windows version:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/i-need-this-windows-7-home-premium-x16-96072-64x/1f39715d-1b18-4736-95b9-a287b85484de

Edited by CodeExplorer (see edit history)

CodeExplorer

Windows version: Windows 7 Home Prem 0A
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
Activation key must have 29 character.
You need to activate online the key!

In command prompt (cmd) enter:
slmgr /dlv
That will show you information about activation status, note the Activation ID string,
You will also see there: "Remaining Windows rearm count 3" - I don't know what that means.

To deactivate your Window license in order to be able to use it on another computer enter this command:
slmgr /upk Activation_ID_String

evlncrn8
Posted (edited)

rearm portion is the /rearm commandline that resets the "must be activated timer" back to 180 days (i think), and can only be done a few (in your case 3) times before it cant be done again

https://www.howtogeek.com/245445/how-to-use-slmgr-to-change-remove-or-extend-your-windows-license/

Edited by evlncrn8 (see edit history)

CodeExplorer

Thanks for clarification.

Windows 7 versus Windows 8/10 activation ways - the way it works seems to be the same.
Another question:
What happens after the Windows expired?
Once I had a Windows 7 expired and I could only see some reminder and a dialog "Windows expired" or something like that...
plus that it writes Windows is not genuine.

evlncrn8

as far as i know it nags then shuts down, refuses to do windows updates and so on.. it pretty much 'degrades' is probably the best way to explain it

and yep the activation system is pretty much the same, though it think windows 10 relaxed it a bit by allowing you to use released keys that allowed you to install (but the keys refused to activate) and of course allowing win 7 and 8 keys for upgrade purposes (at least in some builds it did.. i havent checked recently if this is still the case)

attachment might be of some use to you, i used it to verify the keys i bought were good.. and as usual, virus scan etc.. or run in a vm or whatnot.. 

i cant remember the url i got it from (it was quite a long time ago)..

pidgen.v1.1.3.590.rar

• Thanks 1

Techlord

Dont know if I will get banged here  if I post the  way to activate Windows 7 (x86 and x64)  and 10 (x86 and x64 Retail)  permanently but if anyone who posted in this thread above my post wants to do so for their own system pls message me. Goes without saying that its free (I will not charge) and 100% works (Tested personally) . Passes ALL validation checks by MS (tested). Of course, I assume that you "lost" your original key ..  ;) 

Of course, googling will lead you to the same solution but if you want a faster way just msg me :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

evlncrn8

im interested :) (probably simpler to just gather a list and then bcc everyone in the msg.. unsure if thats possible but its a nice idea) 

Techlord
18 minutes ago, evlncrn8 said:

im interested :) (probably simpler to just gather a list and then bcc everyone in the msg.. unsure if thats possible but its a nice idea) 

Done :)

• Thanks 1

Progman
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Techlord said:

the  way to activate Windows 7 (x86 and x64)  and 10 (x86 and x64 Retail)  permanently

This is nonsense, it is impossible to activate Windows 10 permanently.  If it is please provide proof and not snake oil.  Windows 7 can always throw a security update, or Windows 10 forces updates every 6-12 months to use such a strong word is obviously misleading.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  At least without something about update disabling also being mentioned.  Beware folks, this is smelling extremely fishy.

• Confused 1

evlncrn8

progman, you have a lot to learn... go research slic

• Thanks 1

Progman
19 hours ago, evlncrn8 said:

progman, you have a lot to learn... go research slic

We are talking about retail here not OEM.

Techlord
On 8/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, Progman said:

We are talking about retail here not OEM.

Yes, includes retail, volume licensing, OEM etc.

Quite a few members messaged me for it  for it in the last 2 months without making assumptions and calling it "snake oil" first, and I have shared it with them :) . I hear that it has worked for all of them. And yes, it is permanent.If you make any major changes to your hardware then you need to re-activate again using that solution.

By now it is public and can be found out very easily with a 5 minutes on Google.Both for Win 7 and Win 10.So at this time, there is no need to even contact me for it!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

HostageOfCode

The best way to activate win7 and up is to dump bios add new slic there and flash again then can update to win10 and have activated win10.

Blah

go research slic

lol..i originally thought u meant as in "right back at ya slic" or something of that nature lol

• Haha 1

Progman

I just meant that with out disabling updates nothing is guaranteed.  Shouldn't the update disabler be apart of this discussion as well if such strong words like permanent are to be involved.  Obviously MS can do whatever they want especially likely in one of these 6 month forced updates.