Tuts 4 You

Are there any browser addon coders?

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

just wanna ask whether there are any coders on this forum who did or can build addons for browsers?The main thing is I dont know anybody yet and I also cant write / build any own addons yet.Since Firefox updated to quantum there are a lot of addons which are no more compatible with this version (really sucks!) and most authors of xy addons are no more active to buld any working Quantum update. :( Now I had the idea just first to ask on this forum who has some knowledge about addon coding to find anyone or more people who could maybe help to build new addons or just make addons compatible with Quantum FF or to rewrite addons for Quantum FF or / and other browsers like Chrome & Co just if possible.

Example: The main browser I do use is Firefox since years and sometimes also Chrome.At the moment I try to test also other browsers to find some desired alternativ + AddOns I can get with that browsers etc but all in all FF is still my main browser.Its always bad if any AddOn you do use for a longer time isnt supported anymore with the latest browser version and you cant find any similar alternativ AddOn whats really PITA.In the past I told already that one of my must have AddOns for Firefox is the "SearchWP" I cant use anymore with Quantum and after a long time of searching for a alternativ AddOn I found no other AddOn like that and I have test a lot also these I could found for Chrome.Now I am sick and tired and can not understand why similar AddOns are just too bad.So to say it short,I want SearchWP back and working with Quantum. :) I know its not Christmas yet.I still cant understand why the Firefox Dev people didnt create and implement functions to make a site search like SearchWP can do yet.FF has many features and also many I dont need & use but what we always need is a search function,anyway whether on a search engine or on a page itself (my opinion).I just dont get it that the FF people didnt checked that yet by itself.Anyway,back to my question.I am looking for someone who could adapt / rewrite that SearchWP AddOn also if you cant make a public releaase of it so its ok for me to just share it here etc.

On the other hand if we should have some AddOn coders on this froum then it would maybe also a good idea to create something like a browser AddOn project where people do some function requests and to build new AddOns or something like a All in one AddOn for FF / Chrome etc.Could be maybe interesting so I think.I am not sure whether I am the only person who does think on that way but I think not or?

Below a link to my fav AddOn."Jump-to-word buttons and highlighting for the search box content".Pretty simple but very effectiv and a must have AddOn.On my computer I also use a search tool called "Everything" to find anything very quick if I dont know where I put my stuff into. :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/searchwp/

greetz

Hi again,

small request.Before FF Quantum I also used the AddOn called Quick JAVA what has buttons to enable / disable JAVA / Script / Flash etc.I just needed mostly JavaScript & Flash buttons only to toggle them On/Off very quick.As alternativ for I found a AddOn called "JavaScript Toggle On and Off" I can use but I didnt found any toggle On/Off AddOn for Flash which I need for sites using flash player as default and HTML5 player as second if flash isnt present.So to disable Flash is pretty simple and I only need to change a valiue into Firefox about:config settings.

plugin.state.flash  2  <-- On
plugin.state.flash  0  <-- Off

Thats all to activate / de-activate the ShockWave plugin.Of course its bad to do this manually in plugin settings of FF and now I just need a On/Off button AddOn to set that config.Can anyone do that maybe already? :)

greetz

Hi again,

not much feedback yet. :) Seems that nobody here does code any AddOn or?

Just have a small request question about a AddOn.So is there maybe any AddOn what can jump from one post / entry to next one?Lets say you are on a site or forum where are many entrys with diffrent lenght etc and now I need to scroll up / down to next reply etc.So sometimes its bad if replys are very large or I dont wanna read some repys you know what I mean.Now I thought that there is maybe any AddOn what can perform a jump down / up to the start of the next following reply top without to scroll manually.So is there already something to get etc?I also dont know for what I should search on the AddOn site to find anything like that.

greetz

Hi guys,

bad and good news for all SearchWP AddOn fans like me.First the bad one,so SearchWP is discontinued (I think so) and just working for FF 56 as latest version before Quantum version. :( Bye byte SearchWP and thanks to the authors of that AddOn I used a long time.

The good news is that I found "NOW" (after testing other AddOns like Multi-Keywords-Highlighter which is trash and not working on all sites and others too,,,) a alternativ AddOn by random what works almost same as SearchWP and working with FF Quantum and its called "isear" from intelfike.I have checked this out and I am happy so far. :) Only issue is that its a China language AddOn and dont know the settings what you can enablle / disable.Anyway,seems to be a good alternativ at the moment.For all who are interested into and wanna check that too here a link...

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/isear/

greetz

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

hmm sorry my PM box is always full with 100 %.If I delete some then quickly its full again with some new PMs.I try to delete some now but you have to be quick to PM me if you need to PM me with anything etc.

Yes I am still missing a SearchWP update or clone I could use with latest Firefox.Every alternativ addons are just trash (sorry to say that but its my opinion so I have test them all but no other similar AddOn could mess with SearchWP).Thats really PITA.I am still having it in my AddOn list of no more working AddOns but nothing happens anymore... :(

SWP.png.dd999d48eb08e532611a7c8d6661e105.png

PS: Ok I did free my box to 97% now.Now you could send something.

greetz