Tuts 4 You
atom0s

Looking For Anti-Decompiler/Debugger/etc. Papers

Rate this topic

atom0s

Recently lost a bunch of old pdf files and whitepapers I had covering these kinds of topics. Looking for any examples/papers/pdfs etc. that contain things like:

• Anti-Decompiler Techniques 
  • Anti-Debugger Techniques
  • Anti-Disassembler Techniques

Mainly looking for native code protection information, not .NET related stuff. 

Techlord

Well, @atom0s , I replied on exetools just now but will paste the answer here as well :) in the hope that it would be useful for anyone else in future as well ...

A few links that I find very, very useful for the task at hand, mainly in my own work :

This doubles as a tool as well, to check for various anti-debug tricks - Therefore would like to put it at the top of the list.

The Ultimate Anti-Debugging Reference by Peter Ferrie - of course one of the classics !

OpenRCE Anti Reverse Engineering Techniques Database ....

Anti-Unpacker Tricks by Peter Ferrie ...

Not to forget the content in our very own ScyllaHide's documentation wink.gif :

Of course, @atom0s , in view of the fact that you are also one of the quite senior members here, I have not bothered to give the tons of links that turn up after googling smile.gif but just gave a couple that I thought would help the most..

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

atom0s

Thanks guys. I had a fairly large collection of stuff that has turned up missing from a space drive. Trying to rebuild that collection again for personal reading and such for a later time. 

I had a few specific ones that were C/C++ code examples of some fun tricks that I was looking for but are lost. Seeing if anyone yields those ones but any and all information is welcomed as I enjoy reading/learning more on these topics.

Edited by atom0s (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

metr0

Albeit not strictly low-level stuff, anything Christian Collberg's group published might be related. His book, Surreptitious Software, does not really get into depth but gives a nice overview of various techniques. Also some public projects come to my mind, obfuscator-llvm for example, which employs techniques such as "chenxification".