Tuts 4 You

Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update)

Teddy Rogers

This is a question for anyone using the latest Windows 10 release, Fall Creators Update. I am interested to know if you feel like there has been a change to mouse pointer movement? How better can I explain it... I have "enhance pointer position" disabled and it's like its still active. I also find moving the mouse pointer in circular motions seem to be slightly exaggerated. I've noticed this on a couple of completely different systems with different mice and hardware. I don't use mice with custom drivers with software enhancements so its raw optical hardware and Windows drivers...

Ted.

NVM... I think I know what may be going on here. They have changed the cursor speed and velocity depending on the DPI scaling of the screen the mouse cursor is located. So now on multi-monitor setups using different screen sizes and scaling the mouse cursor is travelling at a constant speed - to the eye - across those screens...

Ted.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JohnWho said:

Im on win7 aswell, wont upgrade until forced to or a decent windows comes out

same here..hoping theres some iso's out there with the bad stuff removed when that day comes or a workaround or something :)

how r u fairing with the updates?? are u removing the telemetry stuff etc or did thy chill with that from last year?

i stopped updating aside from one update in regards to that recent issue

cheers :)

Edited by Blah

You can choose to turn off specific services and/or use something like ShutUp10. Another (additional) option would be to use the LTSB release as its currently the most genuine striped down release of Windows 10, it lacks all the additional features and fluff. It also doesn't contain the Windows Store and any of the other Windows Apps that come with the other Windows 10 releases. It's perfectly fine to use as your daily OS...

Ted.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:50 AM, Teddy Rogers said:

You can choose to turn off specific services and/or use something like ShutUp10. Another (additional) option would be to use the LTSB release as its currently the most genuine striped down release of Windows 10, it lacks all the additional features and fluff. It also doesn't contain the Windows Store and any of the other Windows Apps that come with the other Windows 10 releases. It's perfectly fine to use as your daily OS...

Ted.

good to know.. :) (had to look up what LTSB was lol)

but it still calls home with your usage etc or can it be blocked via firewall etc?

:)

All Windows OS's call home for one reason or another. You can disable features using the methods I mentioned above previously...

Ted.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...