Tuts 4 You
ONDragon

Malware VMProtect

ONDragon

When I reverse the MALWARE , I realise it was PROTECTED by VM , so I try to run it so that catch its behavior .BUT there are some anti'VMware (I try to run it both in VMWare and VirtualBox) ways.

The Questions:

If I encounter the MALWARE , what shound I do?

PS:

How to Unpack the VM and how to hide the VMWare of both VMWare and VirtualBox!!!

Please help ME .

THANKS!!!

xoring

Can you share the sample?:)

null_endian

Have you tried opening it in a debugger? I would do that, and then look for where/when it checks for the Virtual machine and then patch it so that it believes you're not in one.

Aesculapius
On 26/8/2017 at 4:22 AM, ONDragon said:

When I reverse the MALWARE , I realise it was PROTECTED by VM , so I try to run it so that catch its behavior .BUT there are some anti'VMware (I try to run it both in VMWare and VirtualBox) ways.

The Questions:

If I encounter the MALWARE , what shound I do?

PS:

How to Unpack the VM and how to hide the VMWare of both VMWare and VirtualBox!!!

Please help ME .

THANKS!!!

do not install vmware tools and set your virtual machine configuration file to prevent detection (there's info about that you can google); if it is vmprotect 3 then it uses some more complicated methods to detect vm. Best approach would be to unpack the sample first, then analyze. Best regards.