Tuts 4 You
LCF-AT

Openload speed limit?

Rate this topic

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

just wanna ask whether anyone knows whether Openload did change any buffer / download speed rules?So since a week +/- I get very bad buffer results of 0.5 MB/s.Mostly it starts also with that low values and sometimes with high values and slows down to 0.5 MB/s very quick.Before that trouble everything was working good (Full speed) and thats the reason I thought that Openload did change any rules but also on the site of OL you can't find any news about changings etc and in the faq you can also read that they don't use any speed limits.Also on the OL site you can do a speed test and there I get high results but these I don't get for any links anymore.Just wanna know whether anyone of you who using OL has same trouble or not.

PS: So the problem shouldn't come from my side (any settings etc) so for other sites / speed test / download / etc I get full speed +/- so far but not that bad average vaule of 0.5 MB/s.

greetz

lubl
On 6/13/2017 at 9:53 PM, LCF-AT said:

Hi guys,

just wanna ask whether anyone knows whether Openload did change any buffer / download speed rules?So since a week +/- I get very bad buffer results of 0.5 MB/s.Mostly it starts also with that low values and sometimes with high values and slows down to 0.5 MB/s very quick.Before that trouble everything was working good (Full speed) and thats the reason I thought that Openload did change any rules but also on the site of OL you can't find any news about changings etc and in the faq you can also read that they don't use any speed limits.Also on the OL site you can do a speed test and there I get high results but these I don't get for any links anymore.Just wanna know whether anyone of you who using OL has same trouble or not.

PS: So the problem shouldn't come from my side (any settings etc) so for other sites / speed test / download / etc I get full speed +/- so far but not that bad average vaule of 0.5 MB/s.

greetz

Hello friend
I can not send message for you via this site,

can you please give me your email or send me a message.

waiting for you
thanks alot.

roocoon
On 6/13/2017 at 8:23 PM, LCF-AT said:

Hi guys,

greetz

1. Maybe your modem/router run out of connections. Shut it down for half a minute and then restart it.

2. Stop your antivirus and see what happens. If it's the culprit, maybe exclude your download manager's temp folder.

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

so the problem isnt my router / box etc I think and also not any AV so I did also try it without any extra running apps who could block etc without success only for Openload.So its stange,before 2 days it was working to get full speed buffering again and yesterday I got again that slow buffering.I did checked diffrent links too but got also that slow bad results.Also tried to re-load same link more times (sometimes I get faster buffering if I reload the site) but it keeps buffering so slow.

greetz

Techlord

Yes, I agree with @LCF-AT that the problem is not with her router.I have done a cursory check and it appears that the server throttles and restricts the bandwidth made available to you after you've downloaded a certain amount of data.

This sort of limiting is done by many of the servers these days to prevent leechers from using up all their bandwidth.

Typically, the servers again "resets" the bandwidth/speed limit after a set number of hours (usually in a day or two)...

Earlier, just using a proxy or VPN to change one's IP used to work but nowadays the servers have gotten smarter and ar eusing browser and system fingerprinting, making it harder for us to spoof our identities...

Good luck :D

• Like 1

roocoon

If it's a problem with only Openload, resetting the TCP/IP stack and repairing Winsock, will not help. So what's left?

1. Maybe some stale dns records?

Start a Command Prompt (run as Admin) and enter: ipconfig  /flushdns

2. Something in the browser's cache? Clear the cache.

3. Some funky addon you picked up? Remove it.

4. Try Openload after booting up in Safe Mode with Networking.

If it works, the problem is some 3rd party software. If it doesn't, maybe you get too many movies from Openload and your ISP throttles the connection.

You could also use something like Tor and see if your IP range is not blocked by Openload. Too many heavy users with the same ISP.?

5. Download with an accelerator, eg Internet Download Manager. It's way faster than the browser and I think Openload doesn't mind them.

EDIT: I see Techlord posted as I was writing and it seems Openload is to blame. Problem resolved but not solved :)

Edited by roocoon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers and checkings so far.Good to hear that the problem is not on my side and its a Openload issue as I also thought.So the only thing I could do was checking any diffrent OL links to see how fast they get buffered (DL speed via NSM tool I can see) but I didn't found any system why its one day working and next day not and after the day next day :) its working again.Looks more like a day x random or whatever also if I didnt used OL.Anyway,so if OL really did change the rules and does use any speed limits now then they also should say that on their site too and they have to remove the information that they don't use any speed limits in their faq anymore.If so then its also fine (of course I am not a fan of hardcore speed limits till under 1 MB/s or less like the most sites using) so I just wanna that they also tell the true to prevent searching possbile getting problems on the wrong source like in this case you know.

For such sites I only have to say this: Upload High / Download Cry :)

greetz

• Like 1

Techlord
1 hour ago, LCF-AT said:

I didn't found any system why its one day working and next day not and after the day next day :) its working again.Looks more like a day x random or whatever also if I didnt used OL

I have confirmed that they throttle your download speeds based on the bytes that you'd downloaded in the past 24 hours. AT least its so for now.

It may change in the future. As you've said, its not fair of them to do so when they say that they are not restricting your speeds. But unfrotunately its a common ploy used by many of these server guys.

That is the reason why you find that after a day or so of not using it, the speeds improve :) but again fall after you've downloaded some stuff.

One more thing - if you ar eusing a proxy or VPN, others could have used the  same IP address to download stuff from there and so you could be unfairly penalized (This has happended to me on other servers).

Anyway, lets hope the situation improves soon :)

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi Techlord,

so if OL does use speed limits now then its their matter of course but also in that case I just expect that they also say it clearly on their site without to promise allegations which are not true anymore.Thats all I do expect you know.Anyway,so thanks again for checking that issues. :)

greetz

• Like 1

TOGO

Hello, I have a similar problem.

When I used Xperia XZ1, "openload speedtest" was slow.

But other devices (Xperia Z1, my old phone) no problem, XZ1 uses http://www.speedtest.net/, but it is fine

"Only Xperia XZ1 connected to the openload.co have  connection speed problems."

ttpXPtg.png

lkoarZj.png

- I use Google Translate -

PS. My country is shown as Taiwan, not Chinese Taipei. I feel good.

Edited by TOGO
Edit and fix (see edit history)