Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
LCF-AT

Looking for Firefox AddOn manager

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

so I have a question again about Firefox and the installed AddOns.So I have installed a few AddOns I dont need on each FF session and  now I am looking for a way / metnod to manage the AddOns per session but I cant find AddOn what can do this yet.

Example: I have installed 10 AddOns etc which are activated if I start FF normaly.All ok so far.But now in some cases I only need some specific activated AddOns only (maybe 2 or 3 now) and need to disable the rest + restart FF again (to have more performance etc).So of course its bad to disable 8 AddOns manually and restart then again with only 2 active AddOns.Now I thought there would be maybe a AddOn who can do this automatically for me and quickly.Maybe also with any kind of diffrent AddOn setting profiles I can setup and to restart with X & Y AddOn only or A B & C etc you know.So is there any AddOn what can do this?

The only thing I can do is to start FF without AddOns from FF option.

Or is there any way to create a link of FF and to enter some commands inside only to start with x y AddOns?Is that possible?

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi,

yes its a nice AddOn. :) Thanks for the info.

But I see one problem in this AddOn.So why does it not list all AddOns I have?I do just see a list with some AddOns and not all. :( Just can create profile with some AddOns only.So thats bad.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

What's wrong with about:addons?

Ted.

LCF-AT

Hi,

what do you mean Ted?So I dont wanna disable AddOns each time manually you know.So the AddOn postet by skypeful is this what I was looking for to create some profiles with enabled / disabled AddOns but unfortunately I dont get access to all AddOns I have installed so that the bad thing.So I dont see GreaseMonkey and others in the list but I see some other like Pocket and Web Combat etc which I cant disable but also these AddOns I dont see in my Firefox AddOn list!?Why this?

greetz

kao

...and you didn't even bother to read the main page (http://add0n.com/addon-manager.html)? :wacko:

FAQ #3 gives clear answer to your question: 

Why in Firefox, I cannot see the list of all installed add-ons?

Well, Firefox browser supports two types of extensions. Extensions can be bootstrapped (restartless), or traditional. There is no point on adding the traditional extensions in the list as disabling or enabling them requires browser restart.

LCF-AT

Hi,

yes youre right. :) Seems  I did just overfly this point anyhow.So the AddOn only works in realtime to enable / disable. :( Ok,so this what not I was looking for.Would be nicer if I could create profiles also with that AddOns who needs a restart and if I choose one of these then it should restart FF.That would be better.So on the other hand I dont understand why the AddOn does show AddOns in the list like Pocket / Web Comat and more I cant disable.In FF they are also hidden and I get no access to them.

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

I have another question about Firefox and I ask here again ok.

So I am looking for a way to show  the response in Firefox console also in hex bytes view but there is no option to do this etc.FF only shows text but in some cases its not original / same as hex bytes (if I check this with extern tools).I also tried Chrome but its more worst with that browser.So is there anything I can use with FF or chaning / adding any web dev tools to get the hex view?

So I dont wanna always load any extern tools to log the traffic and get the text / bytes correctly.Would be better if FF could also output this too.

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

I am still looking for any browser solution to get the responses also in hex bytes to see (similar like WinHex view or Fiddler).So I can imagine that there is nothing etc.I also wonder why this wasnt added into browser console itself yet.So is there anything I could install extra to get a hex view too etc?

greetz