Tuts 4 You
LCF-AT

Short CPU questions...

Rate this topic

LCF-AT

Hi Guys,

I have a little question.So today I did remember that I have a other PC which used a other CPU which only has 2.66 GHz and not same as I use with 3.00 GHz.Before I thought the slower CPU is not better as my CPU but now I checked both CPUs on internet and found some benchmark reults and it seems the lower CPU is better as my CPU.

My CPU: Intel Pentium D 925

New CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/521/Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6750_vs_Intel_Pentium_D_925.html

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-D-925-vs-Intel-Core2-Duo-E6750

So it seems the Intel Core 2 is better right?

Now I have taken the time to unplug my CPU and pluged the other one into my CPU sockel (had luck that both using same sockel version) and at first I got any overclock fail message at start (not sure how to handle this etc) but could start the system and then I checked youtube to play any FHD video and it seems to playing good and got only 40-50% CPU usage. :) Hey hey what a luck.

Anyway,just would like to know what you do think about this CPU and maybe you got also some infos whether I have to setup anything new because of the new CPU.Any update / driver etc?So I dont wanna make this CPU damage or so you know.Maybe I need to change any power stuff or something for that so the new one runs with a lower speed (2.66 GH as me CPU before with 3.00 GHz.Just asking to be sure etc.

Thank you

deepzero

Yeah, Core 2 Duo will give you better performance in average. Core 2 Duo should also support intel Virtualization extensions, which might help even more with performance if you are using VMs a lot. You should be able to just change the CPU.

Have you in the past changed anything in the BIOS or tried to overclock your CPU? Also show us the overclockin error message. :)

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers and infos. :) Ah ok so then I should better use this core 2 CPU.

About BIOS.No I didnt anything about overclocking or something.The message I got yesterday is gone now if I start the PC.Just saved the BIOS again after I did start with default values.

One more question.Since a while I have some CPU fan problems so it makes loud deep sounds similar as on a motorcycle if you increase the accelerator up & down or like a clock sencond counter = one second up then one second normal.I only can hear this if I close the PC but if I keep the right side a little bit open (if you stand in front of PC) then its no more hearing so bad & deep.I did clean the fan already but it dosent help.Any idea what the problem could be?So I can keep the PC open on the right side.In BIOS I have set the performance to quiet (use this always).

greetz

ToMKoL

Simplest way is to replace the fan. It should cost about 10 EU and it's easy to do it by yourself.

LCF-AT

Hi again,

so I made a mistake.So now I see the problem wasnt the CPU fan what makes these noises so its a HDD.Maybe the reason is that I did pluged this HDD to high in the computer where isnt a free HDD slot.Normaly I just can install 2 HDD and not more. :( I think thats the problem for this noises that they will not shielded on this higher position.

greetz

mrexodia
19 minutes ago, LCF-AT said:

Hi again,

so I made a mistake.So now I see the problem wasnt the CPU fan what makes these noises so its a HDD.Maybe the reason is that I did pluged this HDD to high in the computer where isnt a free HDD slot.Normaly I just can install 2 HDD and not more. :( I think thats the problem for this noises that they will not shielded on this higher position.

greetz

An SSD (256GB) for 60 euros made my mom's computer absolutely silent and blazing fast. Consider that investment instead of a new CPU.

Bartosz Wójcik

I have hesitated for long SSD but now I'm on Samsung EVO850 and I love this drive, makes everything faster plus I get full drive encryption enabled by default. I guess M.2 and NVM SSD drives can make your PC even faster.

• Like 2