Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Bl@ck Virus

OllyDbg Book

crystalboy

I think that this book was never published. You can't even purchase is from Amazon so it's normal that you don't find it anywhere.

There are thousand of tutorials that show you how to use OllyDbg.

What do you need precisely?

Did you try Lena151 or Ricardo Narvaja reversing series? Maybe that can help you. :)

• Like 2

Bl@ck Virus
1 hour ago, crystalboy said:

I think that this book was never published. You can't even purchase is from Amazon so it's normal that you don't find it anywhere.

There are thousand of tutorials that show you how to use OllyDbg.

What do you need precisely?

Did you try Lena151 or Ricardo Narvaja reversing series? Maybe that can help you. :)

thanks for your reply

actually I want  to learn reverse engineering from basic

I try to watch tutorials but I can crack simple app

but I want to understand the code like a real cracker and I don`t know where should I start !!!

• Like 1

crystalboy

This question was asked a lot of time already.
Try to search in the forum, there are a lot of people in your situation.

The best tutorials for newbies are lena151, Ricardo Narvaja and Random series.

You need to study and pratice every day and you will learn step by step.

Unfortunately/fortunately RE learning process is slow and you need to have patience and dedication to reach intermediate/pro level (plus years of studying).

There aren't shortcuts or fast paths to follow, you need to start running, fall, rise and then run again. :)

As always this community is friendly with people that really wants to learn, so start pratice and if you need an help post it in the forum (remember that crack request are not allowed).

• Like 2

mrexodia

Also make sure to not waste any time and use x64dbg!

• Like 5

Teddy Rogers

I have to totally agree. OllyDbg in it's current state does not look like it has any future, at best it will continue to have sporadic and broken release cycles - if ever a new version is released. If you want to debug programs on an EOL operating system then OllyDbg is still the tool of choice. For anything current and future bound x64dbg is where it is at.

People have for years bemoaned the fact OllyDbg hasn't been open source, to help push development, now we have a piece of software that surpasses OllyDbg in pretty much every way...

Ted.

• Like 2

Techlord

I agree TOTALLY with all the other members' comments above.

My recommendation would be move on to the EXCELLENT debugger x64Dbg by Mr Exodia B)

I think Mr Rogers has pretty much summed up everything that I have to say regarding Olly...

Having said that, just for the record, am attaching a "manual" of OllyDbg. That is the CLOSEST I have ever seen to an actual "manual" for Olly ...

Sorry Mr Rogers for wasting 5 mb of your server space :)

As far as I can remember, there were some people trying to SELL this on Amazon at one point of time.... :huh:

OLLYDBG MANUAL :

OllyDbg 2 Manual.pdf

Edited by Techlord (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Techlord

Nice one Mr.ExoDia :D Didn't really have a copy of the v1.10 help so far ... Had been using that same Olly version that I downloaded several years ago and I guess that at that time when the v1.10 was newly released, it didn't come with a manual....

P.S :

To everyone who wonder that while my technical content seems to rather OK, why I tend to rather histrionically  use BRIGHT COLOURS , capitals and SMILEYS ... :

You can all thank my daughter for this habit of mine... Probably if you all have kids of your own AND you attempt to BOND with them spending quality time with them as they grow up, am sure you'd all be familiar with what all I am saying :)

If I forget to click on LIKE on my daughter's facebook posts (EVEN if I am at office and handling a major meeting :) ) OR if I do not use a lot of smileys in my messages or emails to her, I would be "punished" with a glum face and "NO TALKING WITH ME till the next morning" ;) thing.... SO I got quickly trained to sub-consciously add smileys and stuff to everything..

Incidentally found out that even in [some internal of course ] CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, when I added smileys to emails , it works wonders and keeps everyone at ease, maintaining a rather friendly atmosphere....

Yes, the CAPITALS habit is from  MY side to stress my kids that they MUST focus on certain details in the messages... That habit also stuck with me all these years :D

Edited by Techlord (see edit history)

Alzri2

Well, OllyDbg is a very nice debugger that I still use on my XP machine; however, better not to rely on a specific debugger.

You can use OllyDbg for learning purposes, but whenever you learn something, make sure you can do it at least in another debugger/whatever-similar-tool... I suggest you learn using x64dbg simultaneously at this stage simply because OllyDbg might not work in all cases as expected (not mentioning dealing with 64-bit apps).

As for the Olly book, a word of advice, don't rely on documentations... learn by doing ;)

"RCE is an underground world, documentation is a rarity, you gonna have to make your own by trial and error." - Prodigy

CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS, when I added smileys to emails , it works

For me, it also works to get things done neatly when dealing with my professors in the university :D 

• Like 2