Tuts 4 You
Ronar22

Denuvo - In The News

Rate this topic

Blah

Update: The source code apparently hid a message to various scene groups recently discovered by cpy .

Hola A ** V **** (S ****** / CPY ^ RLD ^ 0x0007 ^ ALiAS), one does not just devirtualize a panda. Czesc K *** L ***** (k ** / CPY ^ RLD ^ 0x0007 ^ ALiAS), did you enjoy the sprouts? Hei N ** G ******* (C ****** / FLT ^ RLD ^ BAT), cool arcade, but you need a wig. Ola J ** B *** (N ******** / SKD ^ DS), nuke them! They stole your wrapper! Bonjour F ***** **** (x /;)) 2 beers please. Hello M *** M **** (r *** / RZR), you are not. Hi E ***** L ***** (Z **** / RZR), are you living your dream? Hello C *** H ***** (a ****** / MYTH ^ HLM ^ GNS ^ BACKLASH ^ DEV ^ HTD ^ FLT ^ CDX ^ STP), nice parrots, captain. Hello D **** K ****** (l ****** / PDX ^ MYTH ^ HLM ^ GNS ^ BACKLASH ^ FLT ^ CDX), you are the old school elite. Hello M ***** K **** (a ******* / HLM ^ DEV ^ BACKLASH ^ POSTMORTEM), nice scrollers. So hello to * p * / RLD. Hey m *** / DG ^ MYTH ^ HLM ^ DEV ^ HTD ^ FLT, you scored big in Vegas! Privet n ** / MYTH ^ HLM ^ CDX, software reverse engineers you. Hey m **** / RLD ^ TFA, rock on! Hello c ***** / MYTH ^ HLM, your dump site went down :(. Hello m ** aka m *** aka d *** / HLM ^ CDX, drm sucks, or not? Hello J * K * ** (k **** / HLM), the San Andreas Fault is overdue. Hi w ***** / RLD ^ TFA, n ** / RLD ^ TFA> v ******* / RLD ^ Hello to m ***** / MAGNiTUDE Hey k ***** / SKD ^ DS, check your privacy! Ciao b *** / CPY! Hello m **** * / HLM ^ POSTMORTEM, you are in love with the sinus man Hey T ****** / HLM ^ DEV ^ CDX, do not make the DRM guy mad. Please give our regards to your friends and foes in TFA , PCD and PHASE Email: 

You are releasing a version of this protection on a future update of this game for your pleasure Never sail in a storm!

Update: Valeroa responded to our press request this Friday. You write:

Thank you for your mail. Correct, the individual / group behind "Steam006" released a pirated version of the title in question 2.5 days after its release. Technically Steam006 did not crack the anti-tamper solution in 20 minutes as it was used on emulation tool he worked on for years. This tool does not attack that is protected by the anti-tamper.

https://tarnkappe.info/valeroa-p2p-group-bezwingt-unueberwindbaren-kopierschutz-in-zwei-tagen/

This contrasts with statements made on the company’s website back in May (now deleted) that said the following:

“We closely watch the ‘Warez Scene’, P2P and reverse engineering communities. We report criminal activities to legal institutions. Pirate release groups, we know who you are and you have been warned!” the statement read.

cheers all

B

Edited by Blah (see edit history)

evlncrn8

im pretty sure at least one of those censored names above isnt even active anymore, and retired years ago.. makes you wonder just how 'informed' they are...

and regardless of their 'emulated not cracked'.. at the end of the day it boils down to the same damn thing, it was pirated... 

and 'source code'.. are you sure you dont mean it was a block in the executable or something like previous messages in older titles from some german publisher (whose name i forget at the moment but i had fun replying to their message and reencrypting it back with their key on the release) :)

• Like 1

atom0s

Kind of funny of them to write off the crack/bypass/emulation simply because it doesn't meet their personal definition of it. Does the game work for everyone? Does it make the game free? If so then it's defeated. Who cares about how it works, the end result is what matters and what people care about. With the bragging and name callouts by Valeroa, it just makes it seem like they are people that left the scene who knew peoples names before hand and are just trying to make it look like they have some sort of inside knowledge by other means. 

Really kind of sad to see the company act that childish when their protection is being defeated that easily.

XenocodeRCE

Did they just doxed a bunch of scene guys or am i too high again to understand anything ? 

I'm totally with them on the fact that the dude did not cracked the binary in 20m however, since he used a tool he used to code for a long time (2 years ?). Looks like "whos got the biggest D" games are getting funnier 

• Like 1

evlncrn8

@XenocodeRCE - you're right they did (sort of) dox (just by nicks) some sceners, but quite a few of them are definitely retired, so i think they're trying to pretend they are 'scene knowledgeable' (most likely to promote their 'monitoring' of scene forums, groups and so on).. like are myth and cls even going anymore ? 

as for the crack in 20m thing, it happened, while it mightnt be a crack by their terms, its still the same result to their customer who purchased this 'protection'.. so its usual pr bollocks 

the naming really reminds me of jowood - they did the exact same thing, except if anything it backfired, as it pissed the crackers off.. for me, if a jowood title came along it automatically got pushed to the top priority to be 'fixed' and i know im not the only one that did that...

same with their little legal threats...  and also dropping into some channels and threatening crackers by impersonating others.. thats pretty shitty business practice, so draw your own conclusions who might be behind it i got a few ideas already, especially after you check their contacts and see a french connection and then think of another protection beginning in 'tag' that was pretty innovative but also died a death.. same people behind that would tie in with the same people that did the msg crap before.. time will tell... 

Edited by evlncrn8 (see edit history)

JustAGuy

Any idea where and how the message can be found in the game files? There are 2 valeroa dlls and 2 protected exes.

deepzero

My guess would be deep inside the protector...

• Haha 1

oopsdonefu
7 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

Any idea where and how the message can be found in the game files? There are 2 valeroa dlls and 2 protected exes.

Search for 'OutputDebugString'  references :)

evlncrn8

its funny how the news sites think this is a new thing and how jowood didnt do this regularly almost 2 decades ago...

• Like 1

lordi

wow nice, congratulation