Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
LCF-AT

OS Questions

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

thanks for answers again.I did keep Win update running yesterday for long time and later I check it again and it found more than 100 updates what I did let install etc.No idea why it has found so much to update so before I installed already the latest Win 7 update package till this month 2016.Strange.I got almost 20 failed updates in my list.No idea how to fix / repeat this failed updates etc.Now I update again and it found some new updates.So the update function seems to work again correctly today so it found them very quick.

About my CPU.So I found something with virtual VT xy in BIOS but its disabled and can not enable this option.

Other problem I found today in BIOS is that I have no 2. boot option anymore as before.I have 2 HDDs one with XP and one with Win 7 and I did set both before in first & second boot and could also see the bootmanager to choose a Win OS but now no more.Why this?I did unconnect my DVD so could be this the reason?

Other question:So I use my GPU card (8600 GT) and each time if I reboot then the card make some loud sounds for a second or two so long till I see the infos on screen ASUS etc...What does it mean that it makes this loud sounds?Can I disable this anyhow in BIOS?

PS: One good thing using Win7.Now I can use MPC HC player with the enhanced video renderer and this takes no CPU usage as VLC does.Thats one good thing. :)

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

got a short question about Win 7 font type.So in default mode Win 7 used enabled Clear Type option + font type Segoe UI.The problem is I dont see this type clear enough and would like to use same type / style as XP used.On the net I found I need to switch to Tahoma and disable Clear Type option but now the font looks very edgy.Is there any way to handle this to get same results like on XP?That would be good.Also tried to install Aero Tahoma design I found on net but also dont work and look still same edgy.

Another problem: So I see I cant drag & drop any shortcuts etc in my taskbar below! :( Whats this again for a stupid problem in Win 7?On the net I also found tons of same trouble posts but without to find any simple solution.Ääääähhhhh kotz!Also to pin isnt working.So I really dont understand why they changed this from simple drag & drop to "Waste your time".Great!And this called Superbar?! :slap:Should be called Superslap.

Maybe you can help again a little and show me the way how to handle this new unnecessary problems.

Thank you

kao

1) Make sure you use the monitor's native resolution. After that, tune ClearType settings: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28790/tweak-cleartype-in-windows-7/
2) You couldn't drag&drop shortcuts to taskbar in WinXP. You could add stuff to Quick Launch bar though. And you can get it back in Win7 too: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/add-the-quick-launch-bar-to-the-taskbar-in-windows-7/

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi kao,

ok thanks about this custom bar thing.Also strange that I can pin today the stuff I have on desktop so before it wasnt working.

About screen.So I have a resolution of 1366x768.Also tried this clear type stuff before but it dosent look good or sharp enough like on XP.Thats bad.

greetz

Fungus

You can get rid of libraries and other nuisances too. There's tons of tweaks over at Windows7 forums for that stuff. Also rammichael made a nice taskbar tweaker, been using it for years. For a clock, I recommend good old T-Clock so you can change the font on that too. Classic Start Menu is also a must have addition.

In addition to these things I also went through settings and changed all the icon sizes into sane values so you can fit more than 5 on any column, you'll never get that true old Win2k/XP look in the classic theme though they changed the colors and stuff too much.

CodeExplorer

I've tried myself to buy Windows 7 64 bits from an IT store, the answer was that Windows 7 is not commercialized anymore, only Windows 10.
Anyway Windows 10 sucks for a lot of reasons: interface (I know that is made for phones not for computers!), speed and Windows Spying!

• Like 1