Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
GNIREENIGNE

Active RCE Forums?

GNIREENIGNE

Have the RCE communities migrated to some socia-lame-dia platform or something? Where does everyone meet up these days...or does everyone have like one of those job things or something? Most of the forums are like ghost towns of late (no offense to anyone).

Thanks.

kao

What exactly do you mean by "active forum"?

Place where you can ask RE-related questions and get answers? Here you'll get answers pretty quickly, if you ask reasonable questions. But questions that can be solved by a simple Google query? Well, why would anyone care about those...
Marketplace for skid stuff where you need to press "thanks" button just to see DL link? Try leakforums, hackforums and all that crap.
Place where you can post crack requests for simple stuff? Try URET.

• Like 3

GNIREENIGNE

I just mean a more active forum. Maybe I have just gotten used to non-RE forums, so my expectations are not quite reasonable.

I do take the time to research my questions before I post. If it does not seem that way, I apologize. Some questions must be asked again, as technology and information changes, as I'm sure you can understand.

Anyway, I am just trying to learn...not looking for that other stuff.

Thanks.

kao

Heh, you have very high expectations! :) This discussion brought up several different opinions why the current situation in RE is like it is:

• Like 1

GNIREENIGNE

Thanks for the link. I've been around for a while, but have only recently gotten back in to things. Seems more and more veteran reversers are leaving the scene. I guess that's life. There seems to be a serious talent gap, though. Maybe it just seems that way.

I appreciate you responding.

Thanks.

JohnWho

TSRh forum is quite active.

http://tsrh.ws/

Edited by JohnWho (see edit history)
  • Like 1

mrexodia

In general: if you want something, make it happen. No amount of complaining/raising awareness is going to do anything. Write a tutorial, write a FAQ from your personal experience, write a tool and share it with the community. Those are all things that can and will help making the forum more active. There is also places like Quora (generally a stupid question fest, but can be fun) and stack exchange.

Personally I lurk sometimes, but I mainly focus on programming for x64dbg because it's enjoying for me and I feel like other people enjoy it as well. The questions on tuts4you are generally of no interest to me and posting lmgtfy links stops being enjoyable pretty quickly.

• Like 2

GNIREENIGNE

Thanks for replying, guys.

I didn't want to make this seem like a thread for complaining. Cause I'm really not.

I'm still a beginner, so any contributions that I could give at the moment aren't going to be of much worth. I do understand that some people just may not be interested in helping newbies with newbie questions.

Nonetheless, I will keep pushing forward and trying to learn what I can...whether I get a response or not. I will try to think of ways that I can contribute to help make the community better. I appreciate all of the help and responses that I've gotten from everyone on this board.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Signed up to tsrh...thanks!

Edited by GNIREENIGNE (see edit history)

li0nsar3c00l

It's not as active as i would like it to be, but you can check out rtn-team.cc as well

• Like 1

TheMind

I was also fascinated with RE before.. 5 years back but because of work schedule I lost my track on reversing. The thread that open my mind on cracking is the Astalavista.Ms or Astatalk.com...but not active anymore. This site is good and I think lots of brilliant people is here.

• Like 1