Tuts 4 You
LCF-AT

Downloader tools - Which is a good one?

Rate this topic

ragdog

I am no internet expert and just working with my own 2 cent brain but I also have the advantage to get many help & infos from people of this forum of course what brings the remaining 98 cent. :)

Muhhaa fine to hear.

Regards,

98%er

Edited by ragdog (see edit history)

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

just have a small questions about downloader tools.So I have seen in some cases the downloader tools I checked out are not working for 100 %.Some do just stop the download also before 100 % was reached to download the file.Also they give no error message or anything like this to know whether download failed or not.Now I checked this also out with my own downloader and I also get same trouble and the error I got is at recv API (WSAECONNRESET).Has anyone a idea how to bypass this problem and continue the download?Is it in that case also enough to close the socket and create new socket and connect to continue?Didnt tried it yet so the problem happens rarly and just wanna ask whether there is any simple option to prevent this problem.

greetz

peekair

Internet Download Manager would be a nice choice if there is no multi-thread check.

If the resources are stored by p2p,then "Thunder" will be the best choice.

There are also some other download tools.

rtsp--->HiDownload

Online Video->WonderShare AllMyTube-Video-Downloader

Fungus

DownThemAll has always worked well for me in firefox.

LCF-AT

Thanks for the answers so far guys.

So the problem I get I told above I mostly get on a specific video host site only called...

Sometimes it works sometimes I get this error problem during a download etc.Its working just randomly.Lets say you download a file with 200 MB and after 100 MB you get this problem and have to repeat the download from the beginning.If you got bad luck then same happens again at any other MB position.The tools I have test also do fail and they give no error info out to the user.I didnt testet the tools you said yet (IDM / DTA) with that site but I did checked them out before and wasnt very happy with them (download to slow / no turbo mode and reconnect).

PS: Hey Fungus whats up?Long time not herad anything about you Mr. Armadillo. :)

greetz

Fungus

Hey LCF-AT, things are good, hope they are going well for you too. :)

I think mr.exodia is now Mr. Armadillo, hehe.

Edited by Fungus
typo (see edit history)

LCF-AT

Hey Fungus,

nice to hear this.Yes al ok so far more or less for me too. :) Anyway,the people will not forget you and your work.

By the way,so I did handle that download issue problem with that site and also just need to reconnect with new header and partial infos.But its already strange that the server does work so strange and does aboard the connections just to prevent a download so I think.One time I tried it again to download a file and the server kicked me out over 20 times at one download and I had to reconnect over 20 times too to get the entire file downloaded.

PS: Got one question about something else so maybe I can ask here without to create new topic.So I have connected 2 HDDs on my PC with 2 OS (XP & Win7).So all was going fine so far and I got also a boot menu to see if I start the PC and just needed to press any arrow keys on keyboard to get the menu too see where I can choose the OS (Win7 or other = XP).Now lest week I had a short "power cut" and after restart of my PC scandisk did startet and I did allow to scan but after this the PC didnt start correctly and told something about to plugin any bootable device etc.First I thought whats this for a BS and checked then the BIOS and something was changed in the first / second boot menu etc.Now I changed this again and saved and Win7 starts normaly again but now I dont get any boot menu to see if I press arrow keys on start.The question is how to get it back so that I can choose my other OS if I want to start it.Do you know how to get it back?Have I to set my XP HDD as first boot maybe or have I to set anything else in BIOS?Maybe you or anyone else know this.

greetz

Alzri2

In XP the boot is read from a file that u can edit manually (in notepad)

From Vista and above, you have to use bcdedit from cmd to change boot settings

You can use "easy bcd" to change boot settings from a simple GUI

Edited by Alzri2 (see edit history)

LCF-AT

Hi again,

about the boot menu issue.So I just needed really to set my HDD with XP at first boot in BIOS and now I got boot menu back if I press arrow keys on startup.So I am not sure why I only get this menu if I let start my XP HDD first.Maybe you're right and its just a XP boot menu.So what is if install a other OS on my XP HDD....does it mean I don't get boot menu anymore where I can choose the OS to load?Thats bad.

Thanks again for the answer Alzri2.

greetz