Tuts 4 You
LCF-AT

ABP gets detected - How to prevent?

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

today I have a new question and need to find any helpfully answers / methods etc.So I use the FF Add-On Adblock Plus to prevent advertising stuff and stupid multi horror pop-ups if I surf on internet.So the AddOn is normaly working good so far but in the last time I get more and more sites to see where ABP dosen't work anymore and I get any redirection or Java info message to disable my ABP AddOn to visit the site or see the content of the site so this really sucks.So I can understand if some sites wanna earn some money with ADS stuff but many of them are real bad so if I disable ABP AddOn and realod the site and jumping popups all over and this I don't wanna have or support.Now I am looking for any helpfully solutions to prevent detecting ABP anymore.On the net I found something called anti-adblock-killer (Script) but isn't working for all.Now I thought whether its possible to patch the detection manually in the AddOne itself (no idea yet).I also thouht that the detection only checks for ABP string which we could change etc.So has anyone of you experiences with FF AddOne (xpi files) etc or has anyone some good idea what I could do now?In ABP you can also set own filters / entrys but also here I have no clue how to find out what to write if I wanna set a filter for any site xy.

Here a testsite what does detect ABP too....

Spoiler

bild.de

...also if I disable JavaScript then site isn't working. :) On the net I found also some comments about this site + some filter lines but they aren't working...

...so maybe one of you has any clues what to do in such ABP-Detecting situations and how to handle it.

greetz

kao

So far, I've been able to hack my way around every single site that I really wanted to visit. But it requires a bit of knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS and web debugging.

If you're looking for ready made solution, try https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer  - they claim to support bild.de (among other sites).

• Like 1

ilya01

use adguard.

testsite works great!

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi kao,

so I checked this script already and its working with the postet example site but isn't working for the site I did postet. :( I still get redirected to Disable ABP site etc.Yes that also a problem that you have then surely to handle each site for itself later if you want to disable the disable ABP detection.Would be good to handle that anyhow by itself later but I don't have knowledge about CSS etc.

Thanks for the info about adguard so maybe I try this too.Not sure whether I can use 2 Anti ADS plugins or maybe I need to switch.

greetz

kao

46 minutes ago, LCF-AT said:

its working with the postet example site but isn't working for the site I did postet. :(

I'm confused.. For which site it's not working? 

Most likely you're using too many blocklists and one of them is breaking whatever site you are trying to open. Try disabling them one-by-one and see if it helps.
I'm running Chrome with uBlock with the following blocklists: "EasyList‎", "Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎", "EasyPrivacy‎" and bild.de opens just fine. If you want me to check another site, let me know here or in PM..

LCF-AT

Hi again,

isn't working for the site in spoilers I did postet.So in my ABP I only use one Filter called Easylist Germany+EasyList.Thats all.Should I use a other list now as you mean?Think so.Ok if I find another sites I PM you.One more question about popups.Do you have also some magic against popups?ABP isn't working for all.On some sites I do visit first time I get any popup if I press something on the site or in some site cases it does happens twice so this sucks too.Also found a site where I can't open a link via right mouse button / open link in new tab etc so then it opens the link in same tab + extra popup.Maybe any new trick or something.

About ADGuard.So I try it and it works with the site I did postet in spoiler. :) Nice,also the handling of this AddOn look a little more easier on the first view.

greetz

JeRRy

Use uBlock Origin (it really does make a difference in terms of memory usage, even on high-end machine) with Anti-Adblock Killer by Reek (it really kills those "you're using adblock, please disable to view" annoyances)

And there is a per-site basis "block all pop-ups" button in uBlock Origin

As for "forbidden right-click" annoyances, use RightToClick (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/righttoclick/)

Edited by JeRRy
added link
  • Like 3

LCF-AT

Hi JeRRy,

coolio and thanks for the hint about uBlock AddOne so its working good. :) No popups anymore or popup gets removed automatically.Also this AddOn does handle the right mouse popup issue too for some sites and some commercial stuff are also away.All in all a good AddOn so far.Thanks again. :)

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

so I see there are comming more sites who using any detection stuff to check whether you do use any ADS blocker AddOns or not so this really sucks.Anyway whether I do use ABP or uBlock etc they get detected and I need to disable them. :( So what can we do now in that cases?Don't wanna disable that tools and getting much popup trash sites to see etc.

One example:I did upload a pic on a site.The original link I get is this...

....and with enabled ABP or uBloack etc I get this message to see...

Spoiler

The Publisher of ths Image doesn't allow Adblock Users, please disable and click here to reload

....without I get any continue button to see which I press and then are jumping some popups + the picture site on where the link is like this....

...almost same just changing enter to original.So what can I do in this case to chnage enter to original in a automatically way?Maybe I can add any filter thing into ABP to so anything etc or whatever no idea.Or writing any GreaseMonkey script part etc.Has anyone any ideas?

greetz

li0nsar3c00l

it seems to use this kinda of script http://thisinterestsme.com/detecting-adblock-users/

Spoiler

<script>
		var adblockDetection = 'enabled';
					function continueButton()
			{
				var downloadButton = document.getElementById("counter");
				var counter = 2;
				var newElement = document.createElement("span");
				newElement.innerHTML = counter.toString() + " second(s)";
				var id;

downloadButton.parentNode.replaceChild(newElement, downloadButton);

id = setInterval(function()
				{
					counter--;
					if(counter < 0)
					{
						newElement.parentNode.replaceChild(downloadButton, newElement);
						var counterBox = document.getElementById("counter");
						counterBox.outerHTML = "";
						$('.enter-buttons button').prop('disabled', false);
						clearInterval(id);
					}
					else
					{
						newElement.innerHTML = counter.toString() + " second(s)";
					}
				}, 1000);
			}
					$( document ).ready(function()
		{
			console.log("windows.onload CHECK");
			setTimeout(function()
			{
				console.log("setTimeout CHECK");
				if (window.canRunAds === undefined ) // Adblocker active
				{
					console.log("window.google_jobrunner CHECK");
					if(adblockDetection == 'enabled')
					{
						$('#adb-not-enabled').hide();
						$('#adb-enabled').show();
					}
					else
					{
												$('#adb-not-enabled').show();
					}
				}
				else // Adblocker inactive
				{
					$('#adb-not-enabled').show();
										}
											continueButton();
										}, 100);
			});
			</script>

i think, it's quite funny that the developers even left the comments :D

Edited by li0nsar3c00l
spoiler

LCF-AT

Hi again,

so I checked already a little bit how to repleace parts of a URL but don't get it working so far.

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Test
// @namespace      Test
// @description    Test
// @include        http://*.fastimg.org/enter/*
// ==/UserScript==

var links = document.getElementsByTagName("a"); //array
var regex = /^(https?:\/\/)[^.]+\.(fastimg\.org\/enter\/)*(.+)$/i;
for (var i=0,imax=links.length; i<imax; i++) {
   links[i].href = links[i].href.replace(regex,"$1$2original/$3");
}

Don't understand this entire RegEx signs.Can anyone help a little with that example to get it work?

greetz

kao

Simplest solution for your problem - add the following line to your adblocker config:

@@||fastimg.org/app/themes/Peafowl/ads.js

It's an exception rule that allows loading completely harmless JS file and defeats fastimg adblock check.

LCF-AT

Hi,

I add the line in custom filter but dosen't work.Still get this AD Blocker site to see.

Also I tried this again but also dosen't work.Greasemonkey shows for a short moment but not working...

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Test
// @namespace      Test
// @include        http://www.fastimg.org/enter/
// ==/UserScript==

var links = document.getElementsByTagName("a"); //array
var regex = /^(https?:\/\/)www.(fastimg\.org\/)enter\/(.+)$/i;
for (var i=0,imax=links.length; i<imax; i++) {
   links[i].href = links[i].href.replace(regex,"$1$2original/$3");
}

....it should work so I have test it on regex101.com editor.Can anyone test this too just to get it work so that I also later can add something by myself if possible etc.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

Have you tried disabling Javascript on those websites, possibly use NoScript for this?

Ted.

kao

6 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

Can anyone test this too just to get it work so that I also later can add something by myself if possible etc.

If you want to replace in all web pages all links in format "www.fastimg.org/enter/{something}" with "www.fastimg.org/original/{something}", your script needs to use "// @include http://*"

Apart from that (and a fact that there's another adblock check in fastimg /original/ page), it seems to work.

6 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

I add the line in custom filter but dosen't work.Still get this AD Blocker site to see.

All I can say it - works for me on Chrome with uBlock. Since you're on Firefox with ABP, exceptions might work differently. The only person who can debug that issue, is... well, you. :) 

If for some reason you can't achieve the required feature with adblocker exceptions, try this GreaseMonkey script instead. Reference: https://wiki.greasespot.net/Content_Script_Injection

// ==UserScript==
// @name           fastimg for LCF-AT
// @namespace      whatever
// @include        http://www.fastimg.org/*
// @grant          GM_log
// ==/UserScript==

{
   GM_log("adblocker active, hiding it");
   window.eval("window.canRunAds = 'I really hate ads';");
}

Again, tested and working on Chrome with Tampermonkey, ymmv.

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

thanks again for your answers again.Yes I also tried to disable JS (I use quick buttons) but wasn't working.I also know a other site where it works to disable JS to prevent that ABP Block site.

Hey kao your script also works for me now. :) Coolio.But how to understand your script parts?So if I use enabled ABP etc then window.canRunAds = undefined = ABP detected (what is window.canRunAds if I don't use ABP?) and now you just fake it to any other string to bypass it?Right so far?

I think I need to lern a little bit how to script in that way but looks not so easy.

Ok I have another tiny question.So what can I do to bypass fake links?On some sites I see the link have large double links with any random output (no idea how to call this).I mean the link has 2 link = 2x http and the first part is just some trash and the second part is the real link but if I click this then first it calls any other random site which I didn't want to see and on second try it calls mostly the right link.Something link this....

.....so how to prevent this?Or what to write in GM script to check the link itself whether the link has 2 link inside like above + how to call just the second link only etc you know what I mean.Can you also add this part in same script above?Maybe would be better then I don't need to write many script and can put all in one script only.

Another question about GM scripts editor.Each time if I wanna create or change my GM scripts in the editor then it dosen't work so if I paste for example any code like yours into the editor then I always get a message...warning ...cheattry ...please allow paste in Java paste etc?!?No idea where to allow there something etc.I only can edit the JS script itself if I load it in notepad.

greetz

kao

6 minutes ago, LCF-AT said:

But how to understand your script parts?So if I use enabled ABP etc then window.canRunAds = undefined = ABP detected (what is window.canRunAds if I don't use ABP?) and now you just fake it to any other string to bypass it?Right so far?

I think I need to lern a little bit how to script in that way but looks not so easy.

You need to look at the main page (fastimg.org/enter/{whatever}) source and at the javascripts it loads. li0nsar3c00l already posted most of the relevant code, but here's a very high-level overview again:

1) main page starts loading;
2) there's an anti-adblock script somewhere;
3) at some point it tries to load http://fastimg.org/app/themes/Peafowl/ads.js
4) if there is an adblocker running, it sees "ads.js" and blocks it, as "ads" is a generally blacklisted term. Go to #6.
5) if there is no adblocker, "ads.js" is successfully loaded. It consists of a single line: 

var canRunAds = true;

which defines variable "canRunAds" and sets its value to true;

6) later the main page checks if "canRunAds" is defined. If "canRunAds" is defined, it thinks there is no adblocker and shows content. If "canRunAds" is not defined, it assumes there is an adblocker and nags the user.

My first suggestion was to add exception in adblocker and allow loading http://fastimg.org/app/themes/Peafowl/ads.js. For some reason, it didn't work for you.
My second suggestion injects javascript in the page which defines "canRunAds" and sets its value.

bypass fake links  - this is where your greasemonkey script with regexps should be useful. Just test your regexps on regex101. :) You can use one big script for all sites - but performance wise it should be better to have small simple scripts each running on a specific page.
problems with greasemonkey editor - again, it's something specific to your setup, it works perfectly fine on my pc.

• Like 1

Apuromafo

@LCF-AT

// ==UserScript==
// @name         New Userscript
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        http://www.fastimg.org/enter/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
{
   GM_log("adblocker active, hiding it");
   window.eval("window.canRunAds = 'I really hate ads';");
}
   var url = window.location.toString();
   window.location = url.replace( 'fastimg.org/enter/' , 'fastimg.org/original/');

})();

Edited by Apuromafo
  • Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi Apuromafo,

thanks for your new script part so its working but you forgot to enter the GM_log value in your script (none) so if I don't add this GM_log then script will do nothing.No idea why I have to add this.

So what about the fake links?How to handle this?I testet on regex101.com to get only the second link part in the match $2 but in my script isn't working. :(

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

short question about Adblock Plus.So I use this addon for Firefox & Chrome and I see that in Chrome I get a symbol to see what also does show a hit counter on the symbol but not in Firefox.Is there maybe a way to enable this symbol with hits in FF too?If I remember right then I never got any hits to see on FF symbol only in Chrome.Next question I have is whether anyone knows why the hits counter in my custom filter dosent hit anymore.So the filters are working if I test them but they dont count anymore so earlier it did in custom filters.

greetz

li0nsar3c00l
4 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

Hi guys,

short question about Adblock Plus.So I use this addon for Firefox & Chrome and I see that in Chrome I get a symbol to see what also does show a hit counter on the symbol but not in Firefox.Is there maybe a way to enable this symbol with hits in FF too?If I remember right then I never got any hits to see on FF symbol only in Chrome.Next question I have is whether anyone knows why the hits counter in my custom filter dosent hit anymore.So the filters are working if I test them but they dont count anymore so earlier it did in custom filters.

greetz

just use uBlock. it's way better.

evlncrn8

ublock origin instead.. ublock is a kinda fornicated up discontinued version.. the reasons why are on the ublock origin site

Teddy Rogers
5 hours ago, LCF-AT said:

Adblock Plus

:kick:

LCF-AT

HI guys its me again,

ok ok all clear.So I also use uBO together with ABP but I see uBO has much more features etc but I have some question about uBO.So if I see it right then I cant use uBO to add some exceptions like I can do with ABP right?On some sites I need to enable something like java script etc and in ABP I could do it with @@|| xy but in uBO it seems not to possible & working.So what can I do in this case allow some link stuff?Next question I have is something about site styles.So in description of uBO I can read some infos that I could change some background-colors of any sites but I didnt understand it how to do this and whether I have to add it also into my custom filter etc.I mean something like this...

google.de/##body:style(background-color: blue !important)

....was there something possible and if yes can anyone of you show me again how to make it right etc.Would be nice of course.Also if its not possible to change background color of any sites with uBO then I remember that kao has made any script in the past for GM to change colors on T4Y for example but I cant find that script anymore since I have installed Win7 so can anyone also show me again how to do it with GM?Or maybe you know any template where I could enter any sites what does change  then the background color or so.

Thank you