Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
LCF-AT

FullHD 1080p problems

GIV

Before install a new card be sure that the power supply can handle this card and it have all required power connectors (some cards require 4/6 pin supply voltage in addition to the PCI Express supply with voltage)

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

hmmmm,not checked the power supply thing etc for this card.

So after testing this card now for a few days I see that I got some strange trouble stuff on my system so that I think this card is broken anyhow.My screen goes black a few time for only a half second and comes back (few times a day it happens).Next problem is that sometimes the representation is faulty (see pic below) etc.Also my system does hang up if I use DirectX in a 3D game and the motion in the game with the mouse are strange choppy (not with onBoard GPU) and after a while the colors in game does change from normal to like any kind of 8 bit representation etc no idea how to describe it.All that does not happens with my OnBoard GPU.Maybe the driver are the problem?So I didn't use original driver (dont have it) only any nVidea package 190 MB.Anyway,so I think I don't have any advantage using that card now.Below the picture...above you can see this strange blue / white bar what does overlay all menus of FF etc.I can still choose menus etc but there are not visible anymore.No idea what that is.

strange.png.b6a0e4eb5124851a45b6c06e4789

@Teddy Rogers

Thanks for the offer so I think come around in five minutes so put on the coffee machine and I bring the cheese-cake. :)

greetz

• Like 1

Teddy Rogers

Haha! My wife makes the best homemade cheese cakes, you'll enjoy eating them here...

Ted.

• Like 1

LCF-AT

What!Your wife makes the best double C? :) I think thats one of the best reason to marry. :) Well done Ted.

Ok back to my GPU issues.Listen guys,so as I told before I think this card is damage etc and now I wanna go back and use my OnBoard GPU again (so long till I got other GPU card) but now I get no singnal anymore on the monitor!?!I removed the GPU card and did connect my monitor on the VGA of my mainboard but monitor keeps black etc.Whats the problem now again?I also already changed the graphic init first thing to PEG / PCI.So HDDs seems to work only the monitor not.If I try it again with the card VGA then it works again.Oohhuumm!Such a BS!Has anyone any idea?Now I use again the card so long but I am not sure how long it works so before a hours the screen did freeze just so during working on desktop and thats the reaon why I wanna no more use this card.

greetz

antrobs

Please recheck "North Bridge Configuration" on bios:

Initiate Graphic Adapter:  <---Try IGD

Options: PEG/PCI (Default) / IGD / PCI/IGD / PCI/PEG / PEG/IGD

IGD Graphics Mode Select:

Options: Enabled,32MB (Default) / Enabled,64MB / Enabled,128MB / Disabled

aNtRoBs

roocoon

I started reading this, thinking it's a new topic. I suppose it's already resolved so take the following as a sort of reminder/reference.

As good as the suggestions are, the major problem in these cases is the use of the wrong codecs, video splitter, video compression profile used, the bit rate of the video and other such nonsense.

e.g. You could easily play back a 1920x1080 video at a low bite rate (say,7 Mbps) but as the rate goes up, the harder it would be for the hardware to catch up.

With my old laptop and its legacy AMD card, after 'proper' setup, I started having some difficulties close to 40 Mbps rate. I wouldn't even try with the 125 Mbps that the new 4K videos can use.

I can't find anymore the instructional page I had used (it had lots of out-of-spec anime and some other videos to try) but start at the links below and spread from there for more suggestions (they have links to some of those test videos). The 'imouto' one is close to what I remember but not as detailed. Expect to spend a couple of days trying things out :)

https://imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=9252&hl=dxva

http://zachsaw.blogspot.gr/2009/08/watching-hd-video-in-mpc-hc-dxva-for.html

P.S.

Out of curiosity I tried a 4K video from the imouto link ( https://imouto.my/download/11th-test-video-samsung-4k-hevc-10-bit-test-video-colorful-foods/ ) 3840x2160 res, 51.6 Mbps, 59,940 fps, ADTS sound.

Gorgeous video that I got to watch between 1 - 5 fps with the sound getting dropped off for most of the video (video is set up with higher priority than audio when resources are scarce).

People with recent hardware should enjoy it so the rest of us will have something to get jealous about :).

Edited by roocoon (see edit history)

LCF-AT

Hi guys,

I have  a short add-on question again about any GPU cards to play FHD+ videos right and smooth.So what about the videos playing in browser using flash plugin?Does the GPU has any effect of it?I dont think so right.So I mean if I play for example a HD video in player then all is playing good so far but playing same video in browser makes trouble and lags (also if the video is alreday loaded) and very more for FHD videos and CPU usage is going on limit (100 %) and the video isn't watchable.So what I would like to ask is if I buy a good GPU what can play videos smooth on my PC then it dosen't mean that it will also play same good in browser with flash plugin right?So in that case I need a better CPU (more than 3 Ghz but don't know how much) right?The Chrome browser for example does play videos a little better and also reacts quicker as FF.

greetz

LCF-AT

Hi again,

so I checked again this topic about GPU infos and checked the net to find any cheapo card for round about 50+ Euro (don't wanna spend more just to get this video problems fixed now).Also I still dont really know what kind of card I need for this also to relieve my main CPU usage for video watching in browser.So if I did understood it right then I have to enable the hardware acceleration option in browser FF / Chrome and then the GPU should handle the video stuff (think so).Now the question is what I GPU functions I need or are most important to keep the main CPU usage down where it belongs in that best case. :)

Now I checked some GeForce GT 720 / 730 models what have the right prices but also there I find many diffrent types and dont know what features are more important or not.

- PCIe 2.0 x8 or x 16 (Important or not so?)

- Ram (1024 & 2048 & 4096).

- Graphic memory connection (64 bit +)

- (DirectX Version support xy)No idea whether this is important to know so on WIn 7 I use Dx 11 but for some cards there are DX12 infos.Does it mean I cant use this card then on Win7 with DX11?

I also found some models who using a passiv cooler which I would  prefer to choose to get no fan trouble and extra noises.

Here a site where you can see all models so far.Maybe you could have a quick look on it if possible.

http://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten+(VGA)/GeForce+GT+fuer+Multimedia/GT+730.html/article_per_page/5

The most selled model of them was this...

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/2048MB-Asus-GeForce-GT-730-Passiv-PCIe-2-0-x-8--Retail-_967028.html

Anyway,so what I like to ask is just to get some another helpfully and decisive infos from you what GPU of them I should use etc if its important or maybe not if I just choose any of them.Would be nice if you could check this a little to give me later some helpfully hints to make my decision easier to choose any GPU.Or if you have any other idea about any good cheap card xy then tell me.

PS: Not sure whether one of these card is much better as the card I used before "GeForce 8600 GT".I found this site to get some compare results....

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2275&gid2=102&compare=geforce-gt-730-v3-vs-geforce-8600-gt

....but also dosent look so much better right.

Thank you

Teddy Rogers

For 50 Euros your sitting soundly in the Geforce GT 710 - 730 arena unless you can find something better specced second hand in a previous generation like the 6xx series, possibly on eBay. I think the GT 710 v2 is on average around 2.5 times the performance of your GT 8600 and these cards should be more than capable of playing video at 1080p, possibly even pushing 4k. You won't be able to play games like Metro Redux, you'll dominate in Minecraft though. If I'd known you were after another card I'd have mailed you a HD3870 I threw out in the trash a few weeks back. I still have a couple of GTX 670's that I keep spare and once had paired up in SLI, if you are interested in having one?

Ted.

• Like 1

LCF-AT

Hi Ted,

so you mean a GT 6xx is better than 7xx?I thought a higher version would be better.

At the moment I use again my onBoard graphic so the GT 8600 has made much noises and wasnt also not much better to play vids.About 1080p.Most of them I can play without problems on PC and a player but it also depends on FPS rate so till 30 FPS they are playing ok but higher FPS rate like 60 is really bad and does lag also if CPU usage is under 100 % and of course its more worst to play such videos in browser also if the video is loaded already.All these problems I dont wanna have but also dont know which GPU cards can handle / do this what I want.Also this GT 8600 card was a great hit into toilet and now I have fear again to choose any another trash card you know.About PCIe version.So I started the tools HWiNFO32 and there it said it supports version 1.1 and not 2.0 as I thought before.

PS: Thanks again Ted so I do remember you did offer your card last time to me already. :) Also your  GTX 670 isnt a cheap card.

greetz