Tuts 4 You

Labelling on OllyDbg

As you know, OllyDbg provides labelling. When I see referenced address which assembly code has, I would get information(Label name) if referenced address is labeled.

But If labeled address would be referenced indirectly(e.g. mov eax, dword ptr[eax]) or labelled address is stack, OllyDbg cannot show label to reverser. (also, Status bar which is below CPU cannot show label too)

Is there other way to view label in OllyDbg? It's too hard to analyze obfuscated code because of this poooor behavior

Edited by pyutic

If a register is on the label address it should show the label in the registers view. However, you should use x64dbg.

Screenshot of what you want:

ghhP3oh.png

This obviously only works at runtime, since it is very hard or even impossible to predict an address without knowing the register context.

Edited by Mr. eXoDia
  • Like 2

If a register is on the label address it should show the label in the registers view. However, you should use x64dbg.

Screenshot of what you want:

ghhP3oh.png

This obviously only works at runtime, since it is very hard or even impossible to predict an address without knowing the register context.

Thanks for your answer.

Is no way to view indirectly referenced label in OllyDbg? It's too bad news ;(

Should that debugger provides implements for anti-anti-dbg technique?

Edited by pyutic

But If labeled address would be referenced indirectly(e.g. mov eax, dword ptr[eax]) or labelled address is stack, OllyDbg cannot show label to reverser.

Let me correct your sentence. Ollydbg or any other disassembler wont(cannot possibly ever) show the address.

Some indirect jumps can be deduced though 

Mov R32,#Addr

Call/JMP R32

Edited by Conquest