Tuts 4 You

Flowplayer seek / buffer problem?

LCF-AT

Hi again,

I have a short question.

So at the moment I use a FF add-on called NetVideoHunter 1.15 which is also very good so far but the only problem I have with this add-on is the player feature of the add-on itself so this is not so good.

So the problem is that you can't with this player seek forward of any video you choose to watch so this is bad so I don't wanna wait till the video was completely loaded so I wanna have that the player can also jump on any position in the video itself straight.So you know this from other player like on youtube there you can jump all around in the seekbar = player loaded then from this position if it was not loaded yet etc you know what I mean.

So now I checked a little the player what the add on used and its some flowplayer-3.2.16.swf + flowplayer.controls-3.2.15.swf + player.html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>NetVideoHunter Player</title>
<style type="text/css">
html,body, object, video, #player, embed{
height: 100%;
width:100%;
background-color: #000000;
padding:0;
margin:0;
display:block;
} </style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="player"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
function getUrlParams(){
var urlParams;
var match,
pl = /\+/g,
search = /([^&=]+)=?([^&]*)/g,
decode = function (s) { return decodeURIComponent(s.replace(pl, " ")); },
query = window.location.search.substring(1);
urlParams = {};
while (match = search.exec(query))
urlParams[decode(match[1])] = decode(match[2]);
return urlParams
} var params=getUrlParams(); function insertFlash(){
var playerDiv=document.getElementById('player')
if(playerDiv.firstChild) playerDiv.removeChild(playerDiv.firstChild)
var embedEl=document.createElement('embed')
embedEl.setAttribute('src',params.swfURI)
embedEl.setAttribute('width','100%')
embedEl.setAttribute('height','100%')
embedEl.setAttribute('allowfullscreen','true')
embedEl.setAttribute('allowscriptaccess','always')
embedEl.setAttribute('bgcolor','#000000')
embedEl.setAttribute('flashvars','config={"clip":{"url":"'+encodeURIComponent(params.videoUrl)+'", "scaling":"fit"}, "content":{"backgroundColor":"#000000"}}')
playerDiv.appendChild(embedEl)
}
var videoEl=document.createElement('video') if(videoEl.canPlayType && videoEl.canPlayType(params.type)!==''){
// insert html5 player with flash fallback on decodeing error
videoEl.setAttribute('width','100%')
videoEl.setAttribute('height','100%')
videoEl.setAttribute('controls','controls')
videoEl.setAttribute('autoplay','autoplay')
var sourceEl=document.createElement('source')
sourceEl.setAttribute('src',params.videoUrl)
sourceEl.setAttribute('type',params.type)
videoEl.appendChild(sourceEl)
if(params.type=='video/x-flv'){
videoEl.addEventListener('error',function(e){
if(e.target.error.code==e.target.error.MEDIA_ERR_DECODE ||
e.target.error.code==e.target.error.MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED){
insertFlash()
}
})
}
document.getElementById('player').appendChild(videoEl)
}else{
insertFlash()
} </script>
</body>
</html>

So now I thought it would be possible to change this player to any other who can also seek without to load the entire video first etc like the youtube player can do and now I did just copy some player.swf files from other pages where the player are good and put this playerxy.swf into folder where the flowplayer was and renamed it and have test now but it did not really work so I see now the youtube player in the add-on window but with any error something message etc also the same with other player I have test.

So now the question.So I think maybe the flowplayer.controls-3.2.15.swf is the problem so that inside any option about seeking is not set to "True" or any other buffer settings or something like this.Does somebody of you have any idea how to create a new flowplayer.controls.swf file which can also seek etc if you maybe download the source of this from flowplayer page and compile a new file etc?

Or is it possible to use any other player in this add-on etc?If yes how to do that?So I have no idea how to create any configuration file if this is needed etc.

So if you know something how to handle this problem and if you have ideas then just tell me but on a easy way if possible = Dummy style. :)

Thank you

Hi Dreamer

ok thanks so far so I have test the link and there I can see also the flowplayer with any video where I can seek so this is what I want. :) Problem now is how to setup this player now in the Add-On?You know what I mean?I don't know where to change any configuration to enable this seek feature etc.

Here,if you press play on this video then it starts and you can seek to any place on the video also if its not full loaded.

http://flash.flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/pseudostreaming.html

Now if I open NetVideoHunter Add-On on the same page then I can't seek in the Add-On.So what I have to do now to change this etc?Have I to edit any .js file somewhere?

greetz

Sorry but this I don't really understand without to have any idea about java script or how to pipe the infos there to the player etc.

PS: I try to install any older version of NetVideoHunter so if I remember right then in any older versions was used a other player.I will check this so maybe there is a player which works with seeking and if yes then I try to copy this datas of the player + swf into the new version so maybe this will work.

greetz

Hi again,

ok so now I have test some older NetVideoHunter add-ons and there is used a mediaplayer...swf but also this player can't seek in the preview window of NVH. :(

So is there nobody who knows something how to use this Flowplayer stuff + Java scripting etc?

PS: The MPC-HC Player is also playing good and fast for URLs. :) Just have test this to use as extern alternative.

greetz

I think you will have a better luck if you post your request/question on the addin page unless you want to solve this "reverse" way :).

Addin developer can make your wish come true, you know? :)

1. "Send Feedback" from official website.

http://www.netvideohunter.com

2. "Write a Review" on official add-in page.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/netvideohunter-video-downloade/

Hi JeRRy,

ah ok and thanks for the links so maybe you are right and its a good idea to send the problem to this NVH guys.Will see. :)

greetz