Tuts 4 You

Listen .v2m module music in VB .NET?

Freefall63

I think there is a linker option problem. But i doesn't know about that moment... :cry:

What do you mean? You said you did compile it.. Just show me in a little video pls :)

What do you mean? You said you did compile it.. Just show me in a little video pls :)

what do yu mean? i thought its not running for yu?

Your example works for me when I disable DEP. F*** this DEP s*** - it doesn´t work on any other pc because of this dep issue...

What is to do to avoid this?

or are we talking here against each other?

for me its running. did yu test on another pc?

Im using win7 ultimate.

Try this:

Dim Bytes() As Byte = {SB.Length - 1}

I just saw that the magic dll was used, but I can´t find it in this package. You´ll need to include and set a reference to it to get it working.

Edited by Freefall63
  • 2 weeks later...

Well these are all native C++ Solutions. I would prefer an full managed way so I´ve started a codeplex Project here:

http://nv2.codeplex.com/

I tried to convert the C++ Project into vb .net with a tool and could Need further help now. If you´re interested in that

you are welcome to join the Project Team. Without help I won´t be able to get it working alone.

Edited by Freefall63

Hi

I have few suggestions

1 - Why insist on a Managed DLL to play the V2M tracks ? in the end the same sound will come out of the speakers.

2 - You can embed the native DLL into the managed exe as I have posted an example earlier.

3 - VB.NET is not the correct choice to port the C++ code, the original C++ code will definitely contain pointers and some other Memory functions which will be a nightmare if even possible with VB.NET.

4 - Try to use C# if you still insist on the managed DLL, C# supports a feature called "Unsafe Code", It will be easier when you port C++ code.

5 - The managed exe relies on Native DLLs to run in Windows so don't believe any one who tells that using native DLLs in managed exes is a bad practice,

Good luck.

:D Well you are right, but:

- dmex doesn´t work because of dep issue

- molebox is too expensive and I hate the nag of the demo version

- C# is  more or less the same as vb .net. So this really doesn´t matter. (only different Syntax...)

- False, VB supports unsafe code.

- I don´t like to extract it from ressource, because this is noobish and fills temp with waste... even if you clean it up afterwards.

- I don´t know a packer that packs mixed mode assemblies, so the netmodules are no Option. (Tried to make one today, didn´t even get it linked lol)

- Sure it is a nightmare, that´s why I Need help dude... I thought there would be somebody who has the skill and the will to help me, since kb and ryg don´t answer -.-

- I know that the V1.5 uses direct Sound (dsound.dll, which is native coded in C++ 8 or 9 and not available on old OS but gives quite nice effect possibilities),

but it is definately possible as you can see e.g. at NVorbis, NAudio, .NET FLAC, Sharpmod ...  VB is not that strong, but also able.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:P I know I´m hard to satisfy :D

--> So if you could help me compiling a valid netmodule I would stop working on that, although it wouldn´t make me completely happy.

See attached the object files of the C++ Player we will Need for the netmodule,

libv2_1.5 WOKRING with dsound & C++ 2008.rar

Edited by Freefall63

- molebox is too expensive and I hate the nag of the demo version

Maybe you can use the cracked version as long as your stuff is not commercial ?

- False, VB supports unsafe code.

VB.NET is more restrictive than C# in this respect. It does not permit the use of unsafe code under any circumstances.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/vstudio/t2yzs44b.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/vstudio/chfa2zb8.aspx

- I don´t like to extract it from ressource, because this is noobish and fills temp with waste... even if you clean it up afterwards.

I think you have no idea what resource means ?

we usually refer to internal PE resources and not any other binaries needed by the program and placed in a nearby folder.

I wish I could help but I have no time these days...

good luck

Maybe you can use the cracked version as long as your stuff is not commercial ?

That is not a real solution for me.

VB.NET is more restrictive than C# in this respect. It does not permit the use of unsafe code under any circumstances.

Ok you are right, just looked it up, sry for that. It seems in fact to be the main difference, lol.

I think you have no idea what resource means ?

we usually refer to internal PE resources and not any other binaries needed by the program and placed in a nearby Folder.

Of course I know what Resources are -.- It´s a fact that you can use any dll from ressource by extracting it from there to the harddisk at runtime.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I´ll see what I can do and how far I can get alone with NV2. But I would be glad to know you in my team when you have the time and motivation. Perhaps there are some other People interested, too.

Cheers mate.

Edited by Freefall63
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I tried to work without dmex with hmi222´s dll, but wasn´t successful. Is there a way to get the dll Export arguments? Or could you help me to fix it?

thx

V2m 1.5 Player.rar

Edited by Freefall63

Ok, here's a test for VB.net and the new V2M V1.5 replayer WITHOUT DLL,

It uses STATIC LIB. 

What a fu.... that .net 

@Freefall63:

I converted yur sound to V2M V1.5, it was built with before 1.5 (Wrong VSTI).

@everybody:

Please test the attachment. 

If it runs i'll comment the code for usage and then i'll post here.

For_Freefall63_V2M_V15 with StaticLib.zip