Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Teddy Rogers

How Prometheus Should Have Ended...

redblkjck

Ya know, sitting in the theater and we said the same thing. When the rolling toilet seat is following them why keep running in the same direction. Or was that a poke at the blonde captain...

Blah

Prometheus 2012 DVDRip XviD AC3-ViSiON (and many more versions out last few days)

im hesitant to watch this..might wait till i catch a flu to do so

:cc_chinese:

redblkjck

I can say the MAJESTiC rlz didn't have any issues that I noticed. Had to laugh the second time around, scene with the The Claw stuck in my head from that video...

quosego

Really this is the worst movie since the dawn of times.. How can they be scientists whilst they have the IQ of 6 mildly baked potatoes. By the time it ended I voted for the alien dude to get to earth.

redblkjck

@quosego LOL Yeah it wasn't what I was expecting either. Definitely was lacking something... Something big and scary on a hunting spree maybe, not the over sized smurf flying a toilet seat... I can see South Park making a spoof of this one.

I think the only movies this year that were better than what I was expecting, Battleship and Avengers. Didn't care for many of the 'Block Buster' movies this year. Remake remake remake. They even doing another Superman for 2013... Oh well maybe the next 007 movie Skyfall will be good.

Teddy Rogers

Huh? Battleship! It was great up until the scene of the USS Missouri with the old war veterans posed conveniently all over the ship. I had a moment to laugh at that before the rest became too smeared with patriotic American crap I felt too sick to watch it. If it wasn't for that and its predictability Battleship may have actually turned out to be quite a good film.

Avengers was good if only for the effects and the CGI. There was a period in the film where I felt like going to sleep because I was getting bored but it managed to pick up the pace for its genre.

Not seen Prometheus but all the preview "reviews" I read were saying it was going to be one of the best movies ever or along those lines. Then it came out and got slated for its stupidity...

Ted.

Blah

battleship was pretty bad..like transformers bad (but if your into that mayb its good?)...avengers was ok for the genre (as teddy said) and so was thor.captain america kinda sucked..batmans latest sucked but the other 2 were good..

mib 3 was crap

yeah,come to think of it..its all been pretty crummy lately

as far as this prometheus im gonna assume its bad and watch it when i dont have anything else to watch or when the sattelight tv cuts out from the rain..

redblkjck

Yeah I liked the Transformers well ok not the last one. There was some similar effects going on. The old battleship was a little over the top, I didn't get where the powder bags and rounds came from? The just in case of Alien invasion depot. Act of Valor was out around the same time, so I think BattleShip was targeting the same audience.

All the remakes and sequels, just losing interest in watching them. I was really disappointed with the Borne Legacy. Fall TV shows should be around the corner. I was watching Breaking Bad the last few weeks but they just stopped it half way through the series on a cliff hanger and won't be back till next year. WTF Hoping Dexter won't let me down, last season was getting a little weird though. Anyway sorry for getting little off topic. ;)

Prometheus is one of those movies you can watch half of it one day, finish it later in the week and pick it up right where you left off. I hope they don't try to do a Predator Alien Prometheus based movie.

Teddy Rogers
I hope they don't try to do a Predator Alien Prometheus based movie.

Hollywood seems to have lost originality so don't go giving them ideas! :)

One TV show I have liked and looking forward to starting again in October is The Walking Dead. The following month - in the UK - Red Dwarf is to restart with a new series, it won't appeal to everyone but I hope to enjoy it.

The best TV series this year for me is Game of Thrones and I also think it is the best TV series to have come out in a long time. Good acting, good storyline, good scenes... March 2013 isn't going to come quick enough!

Ted.

Blah

i hear alot of about this walking dead...i guess i should check it out one day..i just never found zombies amusing..they just walk around eating people right?

deepzero

they just walk around eating people right?

yes.

the upside:

you can kill them in masses and with all cruelty without worrying about moral or jail time. ;)

redblkjck

I started to watch some part of Walking Dead but decided I needed watch earlier episodes first. They've been showing a lot of the previews for the next season lately.

Game of Thrones is on my to watch list. Red Dwarf, I never heard of. If it's UK, only a matter of time before a twisted version of it is in the US.

Often I'll wait till there are several episodes then when have time, watch them all from on demand. There have been some pretty good series coming out that are not part of the big name OTA broadcast channels. Kind of makes up for the repetitive crap from the movies. Now a days for movies I try to keep the expectations low then I'm only pissed when it was worse than expected. What I really hate is when the movie is so bad that you think it must get better at some point. An hour goes by and it still sucks but damned if you don't sit there and watch the remaining 30 minutes. LOL

deepzero

btw,

i dont watch a whole lot tv, but the one tv show i really like is "breaking bad".

Truly amazing show.

(But also the only tv series i have watched myself, now that i come to think about it...)

redblkjck

btw,

i dont watch a whole lot tv, but the one tv show i really like is "breaking bad".

Truly amazing show.

(But also the only tv series i have watched myself, now that i come to think about it...)

yeah I really like that show. Totally different character from when he played Hal on Malcolm in the Middle... I can't believe they are leaving us hanging till next summer to continue this season's episodes. That was just wrong. Trying to think who's gonna end up in the bottom of a barrel next... - jack

Edited by redblkjck (see edit history)

Teddy Rogers

When/if I get time there are a couple of other TV series that I want to take a look at in the future; Hell On Wheels, Justified and maybe that new series called Copper. Anyone watched these?

Ted.

Blah

nope,,i heard of justified but never seen it

Zekim

why no mention of Winchesters :cowboy: ? Cass :cc_detective:

Supernatural :crazy:

Edited by Mike.X. (see edit history)

redblkjck

@Ted Yeah I have watched Justified. It started off pretty good but lost some of it steam in the episodes afterwards. I'll still watch the next season but I don't think the show has a big following as it once did. It's about a US Marshal that has a habit of shooting the bad guys when challenged. Against his will, he gets reassigned to his home town where everyone is doing something against the law one way or another. Growing weed, moon shine, prescription fraud, etc. Several family feuds in deep coal mining country and he is in the middle of it while trying to abide by the law.

I just started watching Hell On Wheels this season so only seen 4 or 5 episodes. It's keeping me interested. Set in the days of building a railroad across open country in the states after the war. Everyone is pretty ruthless and sticking to their own kind. Conflicts of race and nationality are constant as they try to work together to build the railroad. No real law and order but the railroad brings in a gun hand attempting to keep the peace. Like I said I've only seen a few episodes and feel like I'm missing a few things from the last season. So far its not bad...

Never heard of Copper. There's a showing coming out in the US that looks promising. Need to look up the name but it's about a black out that knocks out all the worlds power structure, families trying to survive and figure out what happened. - jack

Teddy Rogers

I think its called Revolution? Seen this advertised over here, forgot to mention it and I think its showing next month?

Ted.

redblkjck

Your right, Revolution. It's on the NBC network Sept 17th in the US. Here is a 4 min trailer on youtube if anyone else is interested. It might be a good series if NBC doesn't screw it up.

..http://youtu.be/JwfCRAtkYEI

Well having an issue embedding the video, so just check out the link unless I figure this out. LOL

[media]http://youtu.be/JwfCRAtkYEI

Ha got it. Add on. There is a pilot episode on NBC you can watch also. 45min Gonna watch it shortly.

..http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378

deepzero

trailer looks good, but then that`s the point of a trailer, right? ;)

Makes you wonder what kind of blast can knock out all electricity, car engines, jet turbines and batteries all at once and in seconds...but then that`s probably the point again... :S

redblkjck

Anonymous did it... :^

That link for the pilot seems to be the same episode that will show Mon night. Yeah I'll watch the next episode, has me interested. The trailer was pretty much the first few minutes of the pilot, it moves at a fast pace with a lot of short scenes. For those who build PCs, should get a chuckle on the last scene; check out the hardware... Anyway, guess we'll see how the next episode goes.

Teddy Rogers

I went to the cinema a few days back and watched Resident Evil: Retribution. Worst Resident Evil film by far! I may be one of the few people who thought the previous films were obviously not awe-inspiring but okay to watch however this monstrosity was uninteresting and predictable from start to finish. Clearly the Resident Evil "storyline" has run it's course straight out of ideas because the Umbrella corporation always has something bigger and more whacky than the previous film(s) for us to yawn through the same zombies and fight sequences that we have seen Alice do in all the previous films.

Save your money and wait for it on rental...

Ted.