Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
LCF-AT

VirtualBox Problems

LCF-AT

Hi,

ok I installed Virtual PC 2007 SP1 again. :) Also installed a hotfix for this app.So now I can also use a other video adapter driver which supports 16 & 32 bit colors thats a good message but still I have 3 problems.

1. video display driver

So it works good so far but still I have the problem that the scrolling | moving of windows [stepping by the script window of Olly with "S"]etc is very slow and jerky and is not liquid you know what I mean?So how can I fix this?Must I install maybe directX or somehing?

2. Olly Terminates after a few commands etc.

So here I have the same problem as before.Sometimes it works normaly and sometimes not.If I test notepad.exe for exsample then I press F7 [push 70] and Olly terminates [no Olly closing etc].Or sometimes I press F8 and Olly runs and then I get a AV message of this command which Olly has execute!?!So this is very strange and I see no reason why this happend.Do you have any idea?

3. No StrongOD plugin is working with enabled kernelmode

So I can do what I want so the VM OS does always make a big crash.Testet diffrent version but with all I get the same bad result.Then I have test Phantom with loading driver and this works so the driver will loaded and is working.Hhmmm.

greetz

chickenbutt

Thinstall is really good. It's basically and inline loader that uses detours and compression efficiently to isolate software. It has some network update and version managing features too. The config and build process is simple too.

zer0patches

Wow, must be a record for digging up an old thread. I hope LCF-AT has a new PC by now or I may be willing to donate some parts. =p

I have no issues under VMWare 10 with a 3930k and virtualization enabled on the processor using XP SP3.