Tuts 4 You

Why it is not possible ?

Krisler12

Hi !

I know it sounds stupid but i can't understand why it is not possible. I want to know why it is not possible to crack a password protected archive ?

Supposing we have a passworded rar/zip file. We open it with winrrar or 7zip and type in a random password. It will give us errors.Using these errors why it is not possible to crack that files by switching the jnz to jz and using any random password we want to open that archive ?

Thank you !

Peter Ferrie

Hi !

I know it sounds stupid but i can't understand why it is not possible. I want to know why it is not possible to crack a password protected archive ?

Supposing we have a passworded rar/zip file. We open it with winrrar or 7zip and type in a random password. It will give us errors.Using these errors why it is not possible to crack that files by switching the jnz to jz and using any random password we want to open that archive ?

Thank you !

The contents are encrypted. It's not like a manual check where the code can execute if the check passes. If you don't supply the correct password, the contents cannot be decrypted.

CodeExplorer

"If you don't supply the correct password, the contents cannot be decrypted."

Or will not be properly decrypted!

its not impossible, its possible, but not in your lifetime.

bruteforce on aes256 with good password is a waste of time, until you have fast crackers like those that run on gpu and you have 1000+ of them to start cracking.

if not dont bother.

Teddy Rogers
haveing the Jaguar Cray XT5 its possible! :P

Check this interesting graphical representation of the fastest computers on earth...

The biannual Top 500 supercomputer list has been released. Use this graphic to explore the world's fastest number crunchers or find out more about alternative supercomputer powers .

/>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10187248.stm

Ted.

@ghandi :lol: :lol: :lol:

me too :^

i wouldnt be suprised if one of those mexican drug lords teddy posted a link of there raid had one heheh